Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

record from tv to external hard drive

• 14-12-2006 9:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭

i recently bought an external hard drive which allows you to connect to the tv by scart connection and play avi,mpegs,mp3's....its the 320gb ATMT Mobile Media HDD advertised on the maplin website

the guy in the shop 'maplin' said it was possible to record from tv to this external hard drive..
    how is this possible as it came with no recording software..or do i need to get some other software /card for this to work?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,757 ✭✭✭8T8

It doesn't record TV it is just a media player (the Maplins guy probably didn't know what he was talking about).

The makers website can be found here and none of their models list recording TV as a feature.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭thebourke

cheers for the info...but what would you actually need to record froma tv onto external hartdrive or can it be done?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,757 ✭✭✭8T8

Can it be done yes with a stock hard drive & other hardware but not off the top of my head as to what would be required better off asking in the Media Player & Recorder forum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

thebourke wrote:
    cheers for the info...but what would you actually need to record froma tv onto external hartdrive or can it be done?
    I'd imagine the disk would need to be connected to a computer that has a TV tuner card in it. Other than that, there'd be no easy way of doing it.

The guy in Maplin most likely didn't know what he was talking about, or possibly just lied. He could also have been referring to using a PC with TV tuner though.

Advertisement