Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Wages for FETAC teacher?

• 10-11-2015 8:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭

Recently applied for job as a tutor for teens teaching FETAC classes. Just wondering would anyone know the standard rate of pay for this job? It is full time hours.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,103 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Be careful what the job title is. A 'Tutor' is not paid at the rate of a teacher. I'm afraid I don't know the exact rate but I know it's substantially less. I'm sure someone who knows more will come along later.

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭ustazjoseph

Hi if paid as a /teacher tutor its around 40 per hour. if as a resource worker it's about 14.
    more and more of this.sorry

• Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭tringle

It depends on who you are working for, ETBs have standard rate for tutors and another for qualified teachers about €40 an hour. FAS/Solas a lower rate (€30 I think) and private providers can pay what they want, Ive been offered anything from €10 hour. These rates seem unfair but they do look at the amount of work you do. For an ETB a tutor gets paid per teaching hour but have lots of meetings, training, preparation to do. They have to write their own courses and exams, provide all teaching materials, do all corrections and internal evaluation. Tutors delivering the old style FAS courses where given the course materials and exams so less work.

Advertisement