Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

'48' Mobile operator - Prepaid offer - 3000mins & 5000 texts €10per month

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 4,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭nava

stacexD wrote: »
    So if I order today I can wait until say a week on monday to port my number? I'd be getting it sent to my home address and won't be back until next week!
    And one last thing :D Do I need to put in my number when I'm ordering it or can I just leave it blank and port my number to the sim they send out?

The order should be:

Order your SIM card here

Once you get it Register it here

When you are ready to port do it here

On the porting page they have the below
    once you enter the security code and click the 'move your number' button below, we will request your current network to move your number to your 48 SIM.

this normally take 2 hours but the odd time it takes longer, click here for more information.

your mobile number will be unavailable for a short time while the switch over is happening.

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭niallharty

I just have one other question when your 48 months is up do they actually terminate your account or do they really care?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 4,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭nava

niallharty wrote: »
    I just have one other question when your 48 months is up do they actually terminate your account or do they really care?

Probably will do like other providers on PAYG once you run out of credit you cannot make calls or send txt but can receive them. Not sure for how it could be on their T&C's or try to contact them to confirm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 200 ✭✭doxy

Apart from being great value for money, this company are a huge cringefest. What's with the girl with the US accent on my voicemail? I suppose they think American accents are 'cool' or something. I was told that I have no new voice messages because I 'probably don't have any friends', and that I should 'press * to cancel what you're doing right now and throw your whole life away'.

It's like the company is being marketed by that uncle that's still trying to be 'hip and down with the young folk', but mortifying everyone else in the family in the process.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭psychward

If it's a good deal I'll sign up and ask no questions about ageism etc and ignore the cringe like who cares so long as you save some cash in a recession. Hopefully this could initiate a wave of competition among the other networks who won't want to hemorrhage customers ?

• Advertisement

nava wrote: »
    Probably will do like other providers on PAYG once you run out of credit you cannot make calls or send txt but can receive them. Not sure for how it could be on their T&C's or try to contact them to confirm.

Yeah I was thinking that but seeing as it doesn't say anything about having to give your age to sign up, I thought it would be the same with the 4 years only contract as well. I wonder if you left and came back a few months later when your 4 years were up would they notice?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭Gileadi

Yeah I was thinking that but seeing as it doesn't say anything about having to give your age to sign up, I thought it would be the same with the 4 years only contract as well. I wonder if you left and came back a few months later when your 4 years were up would they notice?

The question really is if they will be around in 4 years time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭pissed

Gileadi wrote: »

Who cares. In 4 years time I will be 22 and an adult :D

Gileadi wrote: »

That is a good point! haha but hopefully they'll get enough business it's a good deal! I'm trying to get all my friends to join with me

• Registered Users Posts: 2,394 ✭✭✭StaticNoise

I'll stick with my Three, thank you.

If it wasn't for using the O2 network, the lack of internet services at a reasonable price and their potential future closure (speculative, I know), I would switch. But, being honest, I don't see this being around in the future.

I've got my €20 offer, thank you. And the free internet, which I want.

However, my sim, which I have started to test out, also says "48 Tesco Mobile", and sometimes just "Tesco Mobile". Nice.

• Advertisement

If it wasn't for using the O2 network, the lack of internet services at a reasonable price and their potential future closure (speculative, I know), I would switch. But, being honest, I don't see this being around in the future.

However, my sim, which I have started to test out, also says "48 Tesco Mobile", and sometimes just "Tesco Mobile". Nice.

Actually your Three offer could be considered just as unreliable seeing as they could stop the offer at anytime actually I'm pretty sure they're going to end that deal in April

What makes you say that?

I read it on a thread here a month or two ago but I can't find it now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,930 ✭✭✭galwayjohn89

The three deal expires on the 30th April. But realistically, the probably going to extend it. They already extended it 2 or 3 times.

Vuzuggu wrote: »
    The three deal expires on the 30th April. But realistically, the probably going to extend it. They already extended it 2 or 3 times.

Is the extension worth joining for? I mean if the extension was 6 months to a year I'd join but if it's only three months its not really worth it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,930 ✭✭✭galwayjohn89

It's hard to say. Personally, I expect it to continue pretty much for ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

Finally received my Sim today, I'm waiting for my number to port now. It's a great deal for me because I don't use data.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

Hmm, still waiting on my SIM. This guy has just received SIM No. 76. :D:rolleyes:

http://t.co/0FTcWmYi

It's hard to say. Personally, I expect it to continue pretty much for ever.

/See above.

This is my understanding. Why would you kill an offer that is making you profit, is gaining a wealth of new customer and actually giving the network (that was once slagged) a good name?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,945 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

Anyone tried the data speeds? What are they like?

Anyone aware how much data will cost after the initial offer?

• Advertisement

Anyone tried the data speeds? What are they like?

Anyone aware how much data will cost after the initial offer?
    it's €2 a week but I'd say they'll get around to doing a monthly deal which would be cheaper than the weekly one

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

All done and dusted. registered, ported and membership paid all within an hour. It all went really smoothly, so I'm pleased. Weirdly I have €1.01 in credit...

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭Noelly

phasers wrote: »
    All done and dusted. registered, ported and membership paid all within an hour. It all went really smoothly, so I'm pleased. Weirdly I have €1.01 in credit...

My port hasn't gone through yet! 4 hours later, 2 texts, 2 emails and a few tweets and I'm still Vodafone.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭upandcumming

Thank you for your post. Thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Sure Thing

@Noelly
    My port over from O2 took 12days, but no big deal, getting some compo for he delay :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,945 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

it's €2 a week but I'd say they'll get around to doing a monthly deal which would be cheaper than the weekly one

I had a look on their twitter. Data will be €1 an hr after feb. I'm not sure if that's good or bad.Anyone got any opinions?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,532 ✭✭✭JTMan

I had a look on their twitter. Data will be €1 an hr after feb. I'm not sure if that's good or bad.Anyone got any opinions?

Daylight robbery.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,710 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

see posts 410 - 431 for some initial comments.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭championc

does anybody know the base rates? as in cost per text message after my month of free calls and texts has ran out?

Sofar ME3000 Battery Storage Inverter for sale in Ballinteer, Sth. Dublin - see Adverts.ie - https://www.adverts.ie/other-electronics/solar-sofar-me3000-battery-storage-inverter/32914042 or PM me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,532 ✭✭✭JTMan

championc wrote: »
    does anybody know the base rates? as in cost per text message after my month of free calls and texts has ran out?

You can't make calls or texts if you have not topped up by 10 EUR.

Advertisement