Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Our Taoiseach gets shunted for soap

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,380 ✭✭✭✭Banjo String

Referring to the elected leader of the nation as a girl's name. How juvenile.
    More or less juvenile than constantly typing smug replies about being in Germany, working in finance, (from a bedsit in Galway)?
    RomanKnows wrote: »
    The Red C opinion poll this weekend will be a genuine eye-opener for many of the outraged. It seems that a large segment of the voting populace think FG have done a very decent job. The fastest growing economy in Europe, record levels of people getting back into work, maintained core social welfare rates. Kenny will go down in the history books as one of the finest Taoisigh, Ireland has had. From an economic and social perspective.
    Wouldn't happen to be in receipt of tonight's euromillions there horse?

If the Millward Brown poll is anything to go by, your optimistic predictions could be short lived.
    ROAAAR wrote: »
    That's really bizarre. I wish I could hear everything before the cronies start jeering. Not his best PR moment anyway.
    Not as bizarre as him being happy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,816 ✭✭✭Baggy Trousers

RomanKnows wrote: »
    Kenny will go down in the history books as one of the finest Taoisigh, Ireland has had. From an economic and social perspective.

So why is he such a recluse? His answers last night were all coached and learned off. That might inspire you but I feel we would be better served by a leader with more backbone and charisma.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,664 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

I can answer that - Gotta love YouTube and how it recommends other similar videos.. another classic example of Enda's inability to relate to people...

Highlight...

Man: "1958 i was forced out of this country"
    Enda: "Good"

Almost as bad as his performance in Galway above

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,816 ✭✭✭Baggy Trousers

Enda has been in the Dáil for over 3 decades. When that homeless guy died nearby, he hit the streets and portrayed shock at the amount of people sleeping rough. I found that incredibly patronising. Had he failed to notice these people during his previous 30+ years in Dublin??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,380 ✭✭✭✭Banjo String

So about as old as the joke in question then?

It's not really political satire either. It's just a poor joke, just like most of these things (halfrauds , $ky etc) , the person in question just happens to be in Politics. Good political satire is usually, well, good.

He does :confused:

• Advertisement
Advertisement