Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Ouija the movie... etc.

Options
  • 19-02-2015 12:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭

Just saw an add for the movie again. Havent thought about it for a while. But i am just curious about the general opinion on the things. Both me and oh are science based minds but we completely believe in them and they terrify me. I wont even entertain the thought of watching the movie or being near a board and there would be no way one would ever come near my house. Any others like us?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,999 ✭✭✭lc180

trixychic wrote: »
    Both me and oh are science based minds

my scientific opinion on the matter is "y'all crazy"

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11 Bill Carson

Just saw an add for the movie again. Havent thought about it for a while. But i am just curious about the general opinion on the things. Both me and oh are science based minds but we completely believe in them and they terrify me. I wont even entertain the thought of watching the movie or being near a board and there would be no way one would ever come near my house. Any others like us?

Why do you believe in them? I know people who pride themselves on their atheism and science and are afraid of them. Where does the fear come from?

The board doesn't have to come near your house. A spirit can attach itself to any board user, follow them around, and can detach itself when that user enters your house.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭trixychic

lc180 wrote: »
    my scientific opinion on the matter is "y'all crazy"

Is that a "i dont believe in it" answer

• Registered Users Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Anesthetize

Hasbro board games are terrifying.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

My sources from beyond the grave say… no.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

Did you ever play the Spanish/Irish version?

Si Go Raibh Maith Agat Board

I wouldn't even contemplate either watching the movie or playing the boardgame. I've too vivid an imagination. I'd be checking under the bed and sleeping with the light on and having nightmares for months. Years, probably.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

Perfectly normal reaction, I don't believe in ghosts but I don't like the though of walking through a graveyard at 3am on my own. I know nothing will happen, but I still don't want to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,628 ✭✭✭Señor Fancy Pants

I'd watch it but wouldn't have one in the house. 'Cos fcuk that like.

I like my ouiji boards like I like my goats ....not in the house.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭donegaLroad

Trixychic, did you ever wonder what would happen if the astronauts had a ouija-board session in the International space station... or those people who are relocating to Mars in a few years etc.

If there was response from the ouija-board, would that mean that communication from the spirit world transcends the Earth's atmosphere and exist across the entire Universe?

ps. How would zero gravity affect the performance of the ouija-board?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭RobYourBuilder

In the cold light of day - utter bollix.

Late at night with the wind crashing about outside - scared sh*tless and going to bed with the light on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 763 ✭✭✭John Cherry

If you ever do,entertain the thought of watching it don't,it's the biggest pile of crap I've watched in a long time and even that's being kind.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,443 ✭✭✭Bipolar Joe

They were invented by a board game manufacturer. That's like not playing Monopoly in case the gardai come for you if you land on "Go to jail", or not playing snakes and ladders in case you get bitten by a snake.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,618 ✭✭✭The Diabolical Monocle

Both me and oh are science based minds but we completely believe in them and they terrify me.

mmmmm no.

Interesting to see the different views. I think for me it is the fear of the unknown i think. I am not sure whether or not they are real but i would not like to taad the chance. While i dont believe in ghosts, i do believe in spirits.

I suppose its all each to their own. I was curious as anyone i have ever come across has feared the board. I was beginning to think there was no non believers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

That monopoly game has done far more damage than a Ouija board.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭RobYourBuilder

They were invented by a board game manufacturer. That's like not playing Monopoly in case the gardai come for you if you land on "Go to jail", or not playing snakes and ladders in case you get bitten by a snake.

They weren't invented by a board game manufacturer. They were patented by a toy manufacturer, but existed long before then, in various different cultures.

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭chuckster

When I was about 10 I saw an old scary movie about a ouija board - can't even remember which one.. Then I went out to the road in my estate and drew loads of them on the road to scare the little kids. I thought it was funny.

Queue an angry mob of parents arriving at my house when they found out it was me and nearly killing my mam they were all so freaked out. I was made go out and wash them all away.

So they definitely freak a lot of people out.

Interesting to see the different views. I think for me it is the fear of the unknown i think. I am not sure whether or not they are real but i would not like to taad the chance. While i dont believe in ghosts, i do believe in spirits.

I suppose its all each to their own. I was curious as anyone i have ever come across has feared the board. I was beginning to think there was no non believers.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,284 ✭✭✭StewartGriffin

Even reading about OUIJA BOARDS on the internet, leaves you wide open to Demonic posession. When you read the word OUIJA BOARD, a little voice says it in your head. You're Fwcked!

Not meaning to scare anyone.

And, why do you think this place is called Boards.ie?

It's one giant Ouija!

Devore is the Devil.

Obvious really when you think about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭JohnnyChimpo

Both me and oh are science based minds but we completely believe in them and they terrify me.

Doesn't add up really.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Anesthetize

They weren't invented by a board game manufacturer. They were patented by a toy manufacturer, but existed long before then, in various different cultures.
    Yeah spirit boards have been around for centuries in different cultures and religions.

They're still a load of bollocks though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭FatherLen

The film is a pile of shite.

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭Ruxjit

Can't believe people believe in these things. They're easily debunked. Place a blindfold on the users or get users that cant spell. See what happens then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,086 ✭✭✭TheBeardedLady

"Ouija board, ouija board will you woooooooork for me!", says Morrissey.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭we'llallhavetea

we did the ouija board when we were in college, absolutely freaked the fcuk out. three of us in the bed that night swearing we were off the the parochial house the following morning! they're a load of bollocks and have been debunked. i wouldn't hesitate having one in the house because they mean nothing to me now.

Advertisement