Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The Chillout Zone (Off-Topic Thread)

Comments

Thanks all. It really was terrifying. I'm so dramatic but I spent most of the night they were in crying! I'll be minding them like babies for the next while!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭em_cat

Really happy to hear they are doing better. Your post wasn’t too long IMO. It brought a wee tear to my eyes as we have a lot of tummy issues with Mr C and we are still grieving for our other little pooch who passed away from renal cancer last year.

And I really hate the gastroenteritis diagnosis.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭Bells21

Ordered some paleo ridge food yesterday afternoon for my dogs. Our postman is such a lovely man, the food obviously arrives frozen but I wasn't expecting it today. I arrived home from town to the postman waiting on us. He knew my OH would be home a few minutes later anyway so said he'd hang on especially when it was frozen!! Imagine the mess and stink there could have been in the sorting office otherwise 🀣

• Registered Users Posts: 14,019 ✭✭✭✭tk123

Bells21 wrote: »
    Ordered some paleo ridge food yesterday afternoon for my dogs. Our postman is such a lovely man, the food obviously arrives frozen but I wasn't expecting it today. I arrived home from town to the postman waiting on us. He knew my OH would be home a few minutes later anyway so said he'd hang on especially when it was frozen!! Imagine the mess and stink there could have been in the sorting office otherwise ��

Yeah been there done that... We had an order a few months ago that was sent in 2 boxes... one arrived on the thurs and no sign of the other. Was assured it would NOT be sent... low and behold a package arrives on Monday in an an post sack and the boxes inside smashed to bits and wrapped in cling film with food leaking and stinking... Anyways long story short my dad took it to the sorting office guns blazing saying it wasn't fit to be posted... guy there said he'd have to pay to send it back and they weren't accepting for postage because of the state it was in and if there was a problem call customer services which he did and was put on hold... next he hears a phone ringing in the office and then they came back X will take that for you now. He had cut the bags open it (we had to bag it to move it) to get the tracking number so everything was leaking all over the floor :pac::pac: After that I've stuck to one box at a time and to work rather than home! :rolleyes: That said - in this heat i'll have to chance it to the house so it's not cooking in my car for hours(!)

How do you find the PR? My two are doing great on it!

tk123 wrote:
    How do you find the PR? My two are doing great on it!

This is my first order with them so they haven't tried it yet. I got a couple of cartons of each to see. Does it matter that there's tripe in all of them if I'm feeding it each day? Hoping it will keep too as they get 140 each a day so will be a few days before the 1kg is gone.

• Advertisement

Some people don't like that much tripe... But I do because it's low fat for Bailey!

Ours love it, just wasn't sure if it was considered 'meat' as such and anything low fat is all the better for ours!

Bailey will not stop eating cherries in the park!!!!!! :mad: :rolleyes:

Ha one of our guinea piggies won’t stop stealing Mr C’s frozen honey dew slices! He then looks at me with those puppy eyes.

So Ive made a load of ice lollies human, doggie, piggy friendly. That’s all we’re having until we get some rain. Soooooo over this heat...:<{

I give up, Mr C is addicted to Shea butter & not in a good way...

• Advertisement

Bailey is 9 today! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭muddypaws

tk123 wrote: »
    Bailey is 9 today! :D
    I hope he's getting lots of goodies to celebrate

Happy woofday Bailey!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,524 ✭✭✭Zapperzy

Happy birthday Bailey! I remember him when he was just a pupper!

Happy Birthday Bailey!!

hehe thanks everyone. There was a time when we didn't think he'd make it to two(!).. luckily we got that second opinion!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭mymo

I have some news, after 4 years of waiting for the timing to be right, we have a new addition, I'm very tired but everyone seems happy. I'll post pics in the photo thread.

It was a big night in the muddypaws house last night - for the first night since he came home, Diefer didn't sleep in my bedroom. He's now 8 months and weighs around 30kg but doesn't realise, still thinking that he's small and can crawl all over me at night to find his comfy spot. Only problem was he was throwing himself against the living room door at various points during the night to try and get to me, so still didn't get an unbroken nights sleep! He was delighted to see me this morning

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭Choc Chip

I was literally getting our foster dog ready to go to the vet for her spay this morning when I realised she had come into heat. Another month before she can get done now.

Day one in the BB (boys barred) House: Choc Chip is following the foster dog around wiping up specks of blood. The other dogs are following foster dog around because she smells interesting, so Choc Chip has had to split them up for a while until tempers cool. Foster dog is a touch cranky and not even very hungry, thank you. I already have blood on a blanket that I quite liked...

We have a young, bouncy intact dog next door so I imagine some fun and games over the next few weeks. Sigh. Should probably tell the neighbours. I realise that I'm making a mountain out of a molehill here btw, may need more coffee.

You'll have to get/make pants lol! Lucy bled but thankfully didn't seem to get to the stage of being in standing heat so wasn't aware she was in heat and nor was Bailey! I had one JRT interested in sniffing around her and hooshed him away.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭Choc Chip

You'll have to get/make pants lol! Lucy bled but thankfully didn't seem to get to the stage of being in standing heat so wasn't aware she was in heat and nor was Bailey! I had one JRT interested in sniffing around her and hooshed him away.

Ha - I'm defo picking up some pants later. She's not interested in staying off the sofa!

She's had 3 or 4 litters already and she's only young (and the last litter definitely had different daddies). I imagine she won't so much get to standing heat as "standing on a street corner semi-naked, whistling and swinging her tassles" heat.

Feckin’ fuming!!!

So on our journey home today, people see Mr C and 4 different people go out of their way to tell me my dog looks funny cause he has a tail! I’m like wtf, seriously astounded that so many ‘dog’ lovers still think docking/ banding a tail for cosmetic reasons is normal, I promptly told them to back away and please never get a dog in my calmest voice...

:eek: ah here - telling them to never get a dog is a bit much like!? People always stop me to comment on something or other about the dogs. I guess i’m just used to it at this stage. Try walking a dog with boots on, or a sling or a brace etc etc

Take the chance to teach rather than preech would be my motto

I walk wolves. Or, if I had a Euro for everyone that asks where my sledge is, I would be rich beyond my wildest dreams ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Knine

Try walking your lovely Italian Breed & have people calling him a Labradoodle........

I can't imagine people being suprised to see a tail on a dog. Did I read the post right or have I missed something? In my defence there wasca birthday here so have had a crazy day. The Docking ban has been in several years now, it is more unusual to see a docked dog now.

Choc Chip I feel your pain. I had a bitch booked into to be spayed and in to heat she came. The one I am waiting to actually come into heat is taking forever. Watch her around anything with a willy. Our neutered male has to be kept well away too.

:eek: ah here - telling them to never get a dog is a bit much like!? People always stop me to comment on something or other about the dogs. I guess i’m just used to it at this stage. Try walking a dog with boots on, or a sling or a brace etc etc

Take the chance to teach rather than preech would be my motto

No I don’t think so, tbh, but seriously, docking tails for cosmetic reasons has been illegal since 2014. How long does it take for people to catch on?

Knine wrote: »
    Try walking your lovely Italian Breed & have people calling him a Labradoodle........

I can't imagine people being suprised to see a tail on a dog. Did I read the post right or have I missed something? In my defence there wasca birthday here so have had a crazy day. The Docking ban has been in several years now, it is more unusual to see a docked dog now.

Choc Chip I feel your pain. I had a bitch booked into to be spayed and in to heat she came. The one I am waiting to actually come into heat is taking forever. Watch her around anything with a willy. Our neutered male has to be kept well away too.

No you didn’t read it wrong, Mr C is a Silky Terrier, 6.5kg but a little longer than breed standard, and has a tail. People being surprised is nothing new as they still have it in their heads it should be docked. I won’t mention what I’m thinking when they go on about how they’d luv a miniature/teacup.

ASFAIK, there are only a few breeds that are born with docked tails, a ST is not one of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Knine

em_cat wrote: »
    No you didn’t read it wrong, Mr C is a Silky Terrier, 6.5kg but a little longer than breed standard, and has a tail. People being surprised is nothing new as they still have it in their heads it should be docked. I won’t mention what I’m thinking when they go on about how they’d luv a miniature/teacup.

ASFAIK, there are only a few breeds that are born with docked tails, a ST is not one of them.

They probably think he is a Yorkie. When I hear the word Teacup I want to bang my head off a wall

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 6,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cherry Blossom

I don't know why but I thought Mr. C was a Yorkie cross. I don't remember seeing a photo anywhere or anything so I'm not sure how I got that impression.

• Advertisement

Knine wrote: »
    They probably think he is a Yorkie. When I hear the word Teacup I want to bang my head off a wall

Sorry, I don't want to legitimise the term but the amount of times I hear it & see it... We have a lot of them & in D8 & in the city centre I see quite a few too. Some of them I know are from rescues, fair enough, but the docking really makes me feel ill.

I spent time in the States & it along with ear cropping & ear taping really got to me.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement