Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Off-Topic

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,790 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

lots of what?

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭Nyan Cat

lots of what?
    Fingers usually. Terry pratchett books. The trolls method of counting goes 1,2,3 many, lots
    Perhaps that's how many fingers they have on one hand and are too daft to notice they have two.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Killer Pigeon

See yiz. Closing this account. Too much of a distraction. Maybe I'll be back again under some different guise, some day. In the meantime, thanks for all the advise you've given me on this forum. It was really helpful!!

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

See yiz. Closing this account. Too much of a distraction. Maybe I'll be back again under some different guise, some day. In the meantime, thanks for all the advise you've given me on this forum. It was really helpful!!

Good luck - remember GPA is not everything.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,240 Mod ✭✭✭✭L.Jenkins

KP gone, that was sudden :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭Slang_Tang

KP gone, that was sudden :confused:

He seemed nice. He went a bit off the wall in the UCD forum last night while we were all waiting for exam results, though.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

Uh oh. I just found out "Star Trek Online", one of the big MMORPG's is now free to play.

Oh this is going to set back my PhD.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,240 Mod ✭✭✭✭L.Jenkins

Uh oh. I just found out "Star Trek Online", one of the big MMORPG's is now free to play.

Can you ban yourself for 7 days for advertising :P

hahah. TBH I got the link from the Games board, and I know there are a few trekkies on here who might be interested... :D

I know I am :o

• Advertisement

Oh sh!te!!!! I'm bad enough between boards, sims freeplay and Pinterest! I'm doomed. Dooooooomed I tell ya

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

MMOs are bad, mkay? :pac:

(WAY too many hours of WoW in my past... never getting into another MMO again)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

Currently loving Rooney Mara's look in The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo. She's gorgeous. *sighs dreamily*

McChubbin wrote: »
    Currently loving Rooney Mara's look in The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo. She's gorgeous. *sighs dreamily*
    I honestly don't get why they made it (again) the swede version was grand. I haven't seen it. But they seem to do it with popular foreign films like let the right one in. I'm still wondering why?! Is it that hard to read the subtitles on it?!

Nyan Cat wrote: »
    ...But they seem to do it with popular foreign films like let the right one in. I'm still wondering why?! Is it that hard to read the subtitles on it?!

Serious lack of creativity possibly?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 504 ✭✭✭Pacifist Pigeon

And ... we're back. Killer Pigeon here. Went on a bit of a tirade a couple of nights ago. Closed my account. Mixture of alcohol, tiredness and stress ... ya know. Can't access my old account, so now I've changed things around a bit. Instead of being a killer, I'm now a pacifist - a much better profession, I hope. I'll be quieter from now on and less ... nutcasey. I'm just sad I lost those 5000 posts I garnered on my last account.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

And ... we're back. Killer Pigeon here. Went on a bit of a tirade a couple of nights ago. Closed my account former account. Mixture of alcohol, tiredness and stress ... ya know. Can't access my old account, so now I've changed things around a bit. Instead of being a killer, I'm now a pacifist - a much better profession, I hope. I'll be quieter from now on and less ... nutcasey. I'm just sad I lost those 5000 posts I garnered on my last account.

At least you saw sense and returned to the wonderful world of boards.ie!!! Welcome back! :)

DazMarz wrote: »
    At least you saw sense and returned to the wonderful world of boards.ie!!! Welcome back! :)

Oh sure you can't get enough of the place, it's great.

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

And ... we're back. Killer Pigeon here. Went on a bit of a tirade a couple of nights ago. Closed my account. Mixture of alcohol, tiredness and stress ... ya know. Can't access my old account, so now I've changed things around a bit. Instead of being a killer, I'm now a pacifist - a much better profession, I hope. I'll be quieter from now on and less ... nutcasey. I'm just sad I lost those 5000 posts I garnered on my last account.
    Good to see you back :)

Maybe the mods would be gracious enough to allow you to setup a thread so you can spam the living daylights out of it.

• Advertisement

Maybe the mods would be gracious enough to allow you to setup a thread so you can spam the living daylights out of it.

interesting idea - personal spam threads. sorta like facebook in a thread lol:pac:

That's what the test forum is for: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=76636227&postcount=2

My god man, that's more spam than I can shake a stick at.

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭Slang_Tang

Surely this video is more appropriate, apropos of the Monty Python reference-fest a couple of pages back. :D

I can't sleeeeeeeeeeeeep. sleepisnteasy.gif

:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

I feel your pain, hun... Just finished working (pretty much all day) and here I am glued to my laptop as usual... and working again tomorrow. Oh the motherf*ckin' joys of it...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,351 ✭✭✭apache

i can't sleep at all either. i finished nights this morning and my body clock is ****ed but i'm on a weeks holiday yay!
    but still i need to break the cycle - look at the time :eek:
    i'll probably watch a film i sky plussed now as i'm wide awake!
    but i want to break the cycle :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭BanzaiBk

Being buried alive under mountains of work is distracting me from my new addiction to quilting. Real life is over-rated :pac:

• Advertisement

BanzaiBk wrote: »
    Being buried alive under mountains of work is distracting me from my new addiction to quilting. Real life is over-rated :pac:

i never tried that - but im brutal at sewing. i can put a button on a shirt but dont ask me to hem anything! (pass it to mam/nanny or hit zipyard) - it looks really interesting though. itd be cool to make my own quilted bag with something mad on it.

im watching firefly at the mo. i really liked serenity but never saw the series it was based on/after. its good. why they stopped at 14 episodes is beyond me. they dont make scifi and paranormal tv like they used to! (x files, buffy - there were others but i cant think of em at the moment) even star trek got shoddy with enterprise although it shant die as the old stuff is too ingrained in the 'not twilight' generation. things ainty what they used to be etc. *old fogy grumble*

Advertisement