Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Pharmacy degree in UK/NI

Options
  • 05-09-2009 12:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭

Hey everyone.. first post here.

I'm applying through UCAS this year to do pharmacy in the UK/NI.
    Now i already have a degree (2.1) in chemistry and biology from NUIM but due to age restrictions (i'm 21, not mature student) i have to get my degree in the north.

I was wondering where would be the best places to apply to?
    I've heard of people who get conversions on their degrees and don't have to do the full 4 years! I know in a few places they let you skip 1st year again but i was wondering if there was places that let you skip more basically

Any info would be fab... preferably on scottish and NI colleges as i've relations in both these places

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 542 ✭✭✭milly4ever

tatabubbly wrote: »
    Hey everyone.. first post here.

I'm applying through UCAS this year to do pharmacy in the UK/NI.
    Now i already have a degree (2.1) in chemistry and biology from NUIM but due to age restrictions (i'm 21, not mature student) i have to get my degree in the north.

I was wondering where would be the best places to apply to?
    I've heard of people who get conversions on their degrees and don't have to do the full 4 years! I know in a few places they let you skip 1st year again but i was wondering if there was places that let you skip more basically

Any info would be fab... preferably on scottish and NI colleges as i've relations in both these places

contact QUB- they take a number of southern graduates each year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭tatabubbly

I got in contact with them and they said i've a good chance of getting in but i'd like some other options

• Registered Users Posts: 40 StradBally

Are you hoping to start the course this year, as in like September 2009? For any available courses you'd have to go through the clearing site in UCAS and see what's still available.

If you want to do Pharmacy in Scotland I would suggest Robert Gordon's in Aberdeen.

StradBally wrote: »
    Are you hoping to start the course this year, as in like September 2009? For any available courses you'd have to go through the clearing site in UCAS and see what's still available.

If you want to do Pharmacy in Scotland I would suggest Robert Gordon's in Aberdeen.

Thanks. I'm hoping to start college in Sept '10.

Do Robert Gordon's do any special requirements for graduates?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,029 ✭✭✭Lockstep

I worked with a guy who was temping here in Ireland; he already had a chemistry degree from Ireland and wanted to do pharmacy.

He chose to go Scotland as he wouldn't have to pay fees to do another BSc, he went to Aberdeen for it, said he loved it.

• Advertisement

I worked with a guy who was temping here in Ireland; he already had a chemistry degree from Ireland and wanted to do pharmacy.

He chose to go Scotland as he wouldn't have to pay fees to do another BSc, he went to Aberdeen for it, said he loved it.

Thanks very much.. yup i just read that you don't have to pay in scotland so i'm thinking of applying there..

Advertisement