Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

Today, 00:50   #4891
SingItOut

Have Moone booked in to be spayed on Thursday, my nerves will be shot with her! She's never spent any time away from home. She doesn't do well with injections so good luck to the poor vet! All my other pets, aside from the chinchilla, have been neutered and I know she'll be fine too but she's my baby I swear every day I look at her she seems to be shrinking in size
(2) thanks from:
Advertisement
Today, 11:35   #4892
Pumpkinseeds

My glands don't work properly so the heat isn't my friend, but I love watching our cats basking in the sunlight. Felix is loving the heat from the bark chips and spends his mornings rolling on it. Poppy blocks the front door sprawled on the door mat and Jazzy loves the top of Tobys cat house. Toby meanwhile likes our bed
Thanks from:
Today, 11:36   #4893
tk123

Good luck Rusty and Moone!! I'm starting to wonder if Lucy may have had a silent heat a few months ago - we're waiting for her to have a heat before we get her spayed. It's been 3 years since I had a holiday - first I knew I was going to made redundant so saved instead, then I was made redundant the next year and didn't take one and then last year we got Lucy..I'd LOVE to book something but know Murphy's law the day we drop her off she'll go into heat!
(3) thanks from:
Today, 11:43   #4894
SingItOut

That's what happened to moone, she wasn't due to go into heat until March this year so I booked her in for the first week of January then she of course didn't play along and went into heat just after Christmas! So there won't be any worry of that next week
Today, 11:48   #4895
tk123

Quote:
Originally Posted by SingItOut View Post
That's what happened to moone, she wasn't due to go into heat until March this year so I booked her in for the first week of January then she of course didn't play along and went into heat just after Christmas! So there won't be any worry of that next week
Are you going with a traditional spay? I'm tempted to go for keyhole for Lucy for the quick recovery time and not having to mind stitches etc.
Advertisement
Today, 12:02   #4896
SingItOut

I was thinking of doing the keyhole surgery if my vet allows it, I think it'll be less traumatic for moone
Today, 13:00   #4897
aonb

Quote:
I was thinking of doing the keyhole surgery if my vet allows it, I think it'll be less traumatic for moone
Poor Moone - Im sure she will be fine so try not to worry too much - she will be home in the evening, so have some nice cooked chicken or something yummy to bribe her with so she forgives you faster. Best of luck!
Today, 13:14   #4898
tk123

Quote:
Only certain vets do it. Ours doesn't - if they did I'd have no questions about which option to take. It's trusting another vet that has me wondering. Our own vets are 2 mins around the corner too so on our doorstep. Poor Bailey is terrified of cones so another plus of the keyhole option for us!

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion