Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Scart to Component/composite

• 26-11-2013 7:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭

Hi,

I have a LED tv that I have flat mounted in a TV cabinet. As such any connections that plug straight into the back need to be minimal. The problem is that the only Scart connection is on the back and causes a standard scart lead to protrude to such an extent that the tv won't site flat on the brackets.

This Scart is used for the UPC box. I have taken the plastic connector off the scart lead at the tv end but I think this has compromised the signal as when I turn on the TV I seem to get interference from UPC. I have a component connection (Audio L/R, Y Pb Pr) on the TV so I want to try to use this. I can't seem to source a definite solution whereby I can have the scart at the UPC box and the 5 leads into the TV.

I was in Currys today and they only seem to sell one that will do the opposite, Scart to TV and leads to STB.

Anyone got an idea where I can get one of these cables that will work in the direction I want, I have seen some google images with an in/out switch will this work?

Rob

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭ZENER

Unfortunately RGB (SCART) and Component signals are incompatible. You can buy converters but they're not cheap. Some TV sets can accept RGB in on their Component inputs but they're rare. What's the Make & Model of your TV ?

Would a Right Angled SCART lead like this be of any use ?

Ken

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭flanders2006

It's an lg42578v led smart tv. Here is the back panel (attached).

Thought about the right angled scart but wasn't sure it'd be small enough to let tv sit flush.

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭flanders2006

It's an lg42578v led smart tv. Here is the back panel (attached).

Thought about the right angled scart but wasn't sure it'd be small enough to let tv sit flush.

Also to note that on my input list I have component (showing 5 leads) and av2 (3 leads) options. See attached screen shot.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭ZENER

It might just about do it I think, there would be millimetres in it. I can't imagine the SCART being any deeper than the Ethernet cable plugged in beside it ?

As for the 2 input sources - AV2 is a Composite Video and L+R Audio input. The worst quality video signal and no chance of HD.

Component can work up to 720P and as analogue signals go it's the best quality available on that set.

Ken

Advertisement