Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cork GAA Discussion Thread

• 21-06-2011 6:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭SigersonCup

Just thought I'd make a thread on Cork GAA seeing as noone else has made one already. Feel free to talk about anything about Cork GAA, especially hurling and especially the Senior Hurling Championship.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,020 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Quiet in here....... I think that will change ..... was about to put up a similar thread, surprised there wasn't one around previously.

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭SigersonCup

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    Quiet in here....... I think that will change ..... was about to put up a similar thread, surprised there wasn't one around previously.
    I only started it around five minutes ago. I know, it's strange seeing a Clare GAA thread in a forum and not a Cork one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭dartbhoy

Would anyone know who won between Douglas and Ballinhassig last night in the senior hurling championship please?

Douglas 2-12 B'Hassig 0-14

What do ye think the senior team will be against Offally??

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,020 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Fairly similar to the one that started the last day I'd say - curran might start though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭closeline

Doesnt look like there will be many posts. Just join rebelgaa. Brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭Indie.

What do ye think the senior team will be against Offally??

Wouldn't be surprised if Jamie Coughlan got a chance the next day. He's more of a corner forward than Luke o Farrell imo.

• Registered Users, Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

Anyone hear about the St Nicks footballer that went on as a sub, ballooned the ball wide and stormed off the field into his car?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,811 ✭✭✭deisedude

Anyone hear about the St Nicks footballer that went on as a sub, ballooned the ball wide and stormed off the field into his car?

Haha brilliant!:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭Connorzee

What i think the team for offaly will be:

Donal Og
    Stephen McDonnell Eoin Dillon Brian Murphy
    John Gardiner William Egan Shane O Neill
    Jerry O'Connor Patrick Cronin
    Ben O Connor Bill Cooper Niall McCarthy
    Luke Farrell/Jamie Coughlan Paidi Sullivan Patrick Horgan

you don't know his name by any chance, do you??

closeline wrote: »
    I would post on rebelgaa, except they won't leave me

• Registered Users Posts: 6,551 Mod ✭✭✭✭SeaFields

Bout time there was a Cork discussion thread....and we the reining AI football champions and national league champions boi!

closeline wrote: »

This thread will do just fine, don't worry about us;)

I would post on rebelgaa, except they won't leave me

I never post there either, I wander in there everty now and again thogh.

Crazy..... going out onto the pitch with your keys....I mean really!!

Hadn't heard about it, they lost anyway. It would have been even more hilarious if he was the last sub they could have used.:D

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    Crazy..... going out onto the pitch with your keys....I mean really!!

Hadn't heard about it, they lost anyway. It would have been even more hilarious if he was the last sub they could have used.:D

Heard that he blazed it wide, and was getting fingers pointed at him by the management and walked off after getting abuse.. LOL

I wasnt far off in my prediction!!

The Cork Senior Hurling team to play Offaly in Saturday's All-Ireland SHC Qualifier at 2.30pm in Páirc Uí Chaoimh will line out as follows:

1. Dónal Óg Cusack
    Cloyne

2. Stephen McDonnell 3. Eoin Cadogan 4. Brian Murphy
    Glen Rovers Douglas Bride Rovers

5. John Gardiner 6. William Egan 7. Shane O'Neill
    Na Piarsaigh Kilbrin Bishopstown

8. Jerry O'Connor 9. Pa Cronin
    Newtownshandrum Bishopstown

10. Ben O'Connor 11. Cian McCarthy 12. Niall McCarthy
    Newtownshandrum Sarsfields Carrigtwohill

13. Luke O'Farrell 14. Paudie O'Sullivan 15. Patrick Horgan
    Midleton Cloyne Glen Rovers

Captain: Shane O'Neill

Subs:

16. Martin Coleman - Ballinhassig
    17. Eoin Dillon - Milford
    18. Conor O Sullivan - Sarsfields
    19. Ronan Curran - St Finbarr's
    20. James Nagle - Midleton
    21. Tom Kenny - Grenagh
    22. Cathal Naughton - Newtownshandrum
    23. Bill Cooper - Youghal
    24. Jamie Coughlan - Newtownshandrum
    25. Kieran Murphy - Sarsfields
    26. Michael Cussen - Sarsfields

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Shottle

Its still a very light full-forward line. I think you can't beat a big physical full forward

• Advertisement

Shottle wrote: »
    Its still a very light full-forward line. I think you can't beat a big physical full forward

Light?? Paudie and hoggie are both 13 and a half stone!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,551 Mod ✭✭✭✭SeaFields

Will be interesting to see if they keep up the tactic of trying for goals more. In light of the lack of them in the tipp game vrs the chances they had and the goal feast they had against Laois, they must be well motivated to get the green flag waving.

I still don't see what people see in Paudie Sull, he scored 3 goals in his last match..yeah, that was against Laois. He's never played well against any decent opposition.

People were saying that he's getting used to it now and all that, they were playing Laois.

Aswell, what is the story with Cadogan? He got cleaned out in at least two inter-county matches this year. Last year he got destroyed by John Mullane, and Lar destroyed him aswell..

What do people see in Lorcan aswell? All I seem to hear is that he showed a few nice touches in midfield blah, blah, blah. Yet what he really did was pick up a few loose balls and gave off a pass.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 229 ✭✭lynchy101

Why in the name of god isint Cathal Naughton starting this year.
    One of our best players

lynchy101 wrote: »
    Why in the name of god isint Cathal Naughton starting this year.
    One of our best players

He hasn't played well for a while now, but I would prefer to see him in the team instead of Paudie Sull anyway.

Happy enough with that team and there are a few on the bench that could just as easily be starting, they will deliver if called upon.
    I'm still not overly keen on Luke in the corner - too light and he really doesn't inspire confidence. Cork should win this, especially if they can do a good man marking job on the main threat that Offaly have.

I see the Echo have the latest goings on down at the County Board. Apparently they have contravened GAA rules in its appointment of a sub-committee to deal with Frank Murphy's successor. Never a dull moment down the marina!

Elsewhere.... Rory Hanniffy is back at centre back for Offaly for tomorrow's game. Once we can snuff out Dooley I would be confident enough of winning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,551 ✭✭✭keep going

what do people think of the new underage setups. rural clubs are finding that the playin of all the different age groups at the same time a killer.for example the u 13 + u15 should be played in different months to u14 and u16

That could be a problem alright. Maybe because it is a newish system, it can be tweaked in some way for the future.

• Advertisement

Draw after 15, goals a plenty!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement