Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The Funny Side of Religion

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,823 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Funny how Eve never ever ties her hair up, isn't it?

Life ain't always empty.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭AstraMonti

999034_614008008622909_1081590911_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

Story is basically a guy gets a pre ticked permission slip home from a school chaplain for his kid to attend a religious play, he aint impressed and so begins an email conversation with the chaplain - have a read if you have a few minutes spare. I thought it was very funny anyway!

http://www.27bslash6.com/easter.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,371 ✭✭✭Obliq

That is brilliant. I wish we got permission slips home about religious indoctrination - I'd have a template now (not being quite as witty as this guy...) :D

• Registered Users Posts: 22,222 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Story is basically a guy gets a pre ticked permission slip home from a school chaplain for his kid to attend a religious play, he aint impressed and so begins an email conversation with the chaplain - have a read if you have a few minutes spare. I thought it was very funny anyway!

http://www.27bslash6.com/easter.html

Veering off topic again, but similar style and giggleworthy...

http://dontevenreply.com/index.php

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

That gave me a good giggle! Plus there are jews and a demon mentioned so you're in on a technicality!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,664 ✭✭✭Worztron

262102.jpg

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

998528_596985537000368_1792755302_n.jpg

AstraMonti wrote: »
    998528_596985537000368_1792755302_n.jpg
    So god is a hipster? That would explain a lot. Including my revulsion...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,442 ✭✭✭Sulla Felix

Ok, postlink to Cool pics, not directly religious but some of you will get a kick from them.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=85486332&postcount=1025

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭Kivaro

395220_191006054389937_26890096_n.jpg

God putty? :D

Combined with virgin egg....?

262270.gif

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

• Registered Users Posts: 4,537 ✭✭✭joseph brand

endacl wrote: »
    Veering off topic again, but similar style and giggleworthy...

http://dontevenreply.com/index.php

giggleworthy? I have tears.

The style of comedy in the emails reminds of the sketch in 'Life of Brian', "WON'T HAGGLE?" :D
    Nobody does irritating characters that are hilarious, like Monty Python.

262394.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭Liamario

Daddy,

What was god doing before Jesus came to earth?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 19,219 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bannasidhe

Liamario wrote: »
    Daddy,

What was god doing before Jesus came to earth?

Leaving the tap on and flooding the whole place son.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭Liamario

Bannasidhe wrote: »
    Leaving the tap on and flooding the whole place son.

Did his daddy give out to him?

262480.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,537 ✭✭✭joseph brand

jxk3c2X.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

That might also explain why they are so many Catholics.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 755 ✭✭✭sea_monkey

Cat holics

Addicted to cats.

Cats were worshipped in Egypt.

Horus was born on the 25th of december to a virgin mother.

Jesus is Horus reborn.

Jesus was a cat.

sea_monkey wrote: »

Jesus was a cat.
    Jesus wouldn't stand up to his aul' fella. Jesus, as you say, was indeed, a pussy.

262577.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

• Registered Users Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭oldrnwisr

sea_monkey wrote: »
    Cat holics

Addicted to cats.

Cats were worshipped in Egypt.

Horus was born on the 25th of december to a virgin mother.

Jesus is Horus reborn.

Jesus was a cat.

It's bad enough having the Christians and other religions making up all sorts of crazy sh1t up, can we not start to do the same please?

I'm sure a lot of people will have heard by now that this kind of crap stirred up by Zeitgeist and The Christ Conspiracy is a load of bollocks.

Isis, mother of Horus was a goddess, not a human so already the parallel to Mary is weak. Secondly, Osiris, husband and brother of Isis was murdered by his brother Set and his body scattered to the ends of the earth. Isis gathered up the pieces, stitched him back together, spoke an incantation and then had sex with him, conceiving Horus in the process, so not a virgin birth.

The only really definitive references to Horus in the bible are the story of the infant Moses (which is pretty ubiquitous in mythology) and the story of Lazarus.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,097 ✭✭✭kiffer

oldrnwisr wrote: »
    It's bad enough having the Christians and other religions making up all sorts of crazy sh1t up, can we not start to do the same please?

I'm sure a lot of people will have heard by now that this kind of crap stirred up by Zeitgeist and The Christ Conspiracy is a load of bollocks.
    I never understood why they bothered... it was crazy how much just doesn't mesh with the various myths...
    Isis, mother of Horus was a goddess, not a human so already the parallel to Mary is weak. Secondly, Osiris, husband and brother of Isis was murdered by his brother Set and his body scattered to the ends of the earth. Isis gathered up the pieces, stitched him back together, spoke an incantation and then had sex with him, conceiving Horus in the process, so not a virgin birth.

Many Catholics do kind of basically, from a functional point of view, treat Mary as a goddess...
    Also Isis never found Osiris' penis and had to use a stand in made of gold... I'm not sure if that counts as sex? I mean these things with religions can be pretty weird... like the technical virgins thing in the states.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 755 ✭✭✭sea_monkey

oldrnwisr wrote: »

The only really definitive references to Horus in the bible are the story of the infant Moses (which is pretty ubiquitous in mythology) and the story of Lazarus.

ok fine.

but im standing by jesus being a cat

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭oldrnwisr

kiffer wrote: »
    Also Isis never found Osiris' penis and had to use a stand in made of gold... I'm not sure if that counts as sex?

I'm sure well-heeled female onanists would disgagree with you.

--

MOD NOTE: Just an FYI for those on monitored networks - the link above is to a site selling "intimate lifestyle products".
    You have been warned!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement