Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Speculation on Jon & Tyrion's parenthood - non book readers

Options
  • 13-07-2015 5:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭

quad_red wrote: »

My 50 cents is that Jon isn't Ned's bastard son - he's his bastard nephew. His sister eloped with the targaryen guy and they had a child. After what happened to Elia and her children (getting butchered by the Mountain), Ned claims the baby is his and never tells his Mrs the truth because her hatred just adds credence to the lie that Jon is his bastard son.

The witch will resurrect Jon and then try and burn him for his royal blood but da-daaa, he won't burn because he's a Targaryen. So Jon Snow will 'die' and with him his oath to the Night's Watch to serve til death. And Jon Targaryen will rise.)

There is a very well put together FAN theory online that suggests
    that suggests Jon and Tyrion are of Targaryen blood. It goes on to suggest the three Targaryens, atop three dragons (fire), defeating the walker army(ice).

Comments

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Targaryen's aren't immune to fire.

Certainly Mr Bucket-Of-Gold-On-His-Head seemed very susceptible to heat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Lyssa

DeVore wrote: »

It's the dragon thing I think... Viserys thought he was the last of the dragons, but he wasn't, it was Daenerys. Maybe in this theory, Jon and Tyrion are 'dragons' too?

I like this theory, would be interesting at least! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭DarkoT

that suggests Jon and Tyrion are of Targaryen blood. It goes on to suggest the three Targaryens, atop three dragons (fire), defeating the walker army(ice).

It's just a theory that can't count as a spoiler...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

To be fair, that wasn't fire. That was a bucket of melted gold on his head! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,057 ✭✭✭OhHiMark

DarkoT wrote: »
    It's just a theory that can't count as a spoiler...

Stop trying to define what counts as a spoiler. Somebody might not ever have thought of that theory but now it would be in their head, thus not as surprising if it turns out to be true.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,736 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

Don't see how Tyrion can be a Targaryen - his birth is well documented. (also speculating about where the story might go is not spoiling - you might as well close the thread if we can't discuss that).

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

loyatemu wrote: »
    Don't see how Tyrion can be a Targaryen - his birth is well documented. (also speculating about where the story might go is not spoiling - you might as well close the thread if we can't discuss that).

Perhaps, but some people are very sensitive about the matter so I think spikey tags is the best course.

As for
    Tyrion, it was suggested that Mrs. Lannister was with the mad King, either by choice or not, and this is part and parcel of why Tywin hates him so much.

Gonna go look for the link now...

Couldn't find the exact one but going another one which is very close, bit with one or two differences.
    These theories are largely based on details that are omitted from the show...

http://www.cracked.com/article_21478_6-insane-but-convincing-game-thrones-fan-theories.html

• Registered Users Posts: 10,067 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

Perhaps, but some people are very sensitive about the matter so I think spikey tags is the best course.

As for
    Tyrion, it was suggested that Mrs. Lannister was with the mad King, either by choice or not, and this is part and parcel of why Tywin hates him so much.

Gonna go look for the link now...

Couldn't find the exact one but going another one which is very close, bit with one or two differences.
    These theories are largely based on details that are omitted from the show...

http://www.cracked.com/article_21478_6-insane-but-convincing-game-thrones-fan-theories.html

If they based on details that are omitted from the show then they probably shouldn't be in Non-book readers labeled thread..

Edit: apologies didn't notice you had it spoiler tagged, I must've touched it on my phone by mistake ha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

wp_rathead wrote: »
    If they based on details that are omitted from the show then they probably shouldn't be in Non-book readers labeled thread..

Edit: apologies didn't notice you had it spoiler tagged, I must've touched it on my phone by mistake ha
    I guess you have a point, but I saw the video around the end of season 5 and to be fair, the book parts it mention don't really spoil much of anything, it's more just a matter of the show not being able to fit some bits into its 10-hour seasonal time budget. Kind of like how they merged a few characters together so that where there are 2 characters in the the book, they are combined to just be one character in the show.

Basically there is book stuff in there, but nothing I would consider a spoiler or would warn a non book reader (like me!) to avoid.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

In a rant against tyrion in the show, tywin does say that he can't prove that tyrion isn't his son which means he doubts his lineage

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭GerB40

duploelabs wrote: »
    In a rant against tyrion in the show, tywin does say that he can't prove that tyrion isn't his son which means he doubts his lineage

I thought he said that in anger as if to say "if I could prove you weren't mine you'd be dead".

GerB40 wrote: »
    I thought he said that in anger as if to say "if I could prove you weren't mine you'd be dead".

Can be written off as such yes. But also, something was said about
    the mad king, taking bedding rights after Tywin & Joannas wedding. Another part alludes to a botched abortion, which deformed Tyrion and killed Joanna

Seems there are alot of seemingly insignificant lines throughout the story, that only when pieced together make sense.
    The decision to include some in the show, and not others though

• Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

Tyrion!?!?! Wow. Never considered that. The wee man atop a dragon - epic.

Can't speak to what the books day but I don't think the series ever pre figured that Tyrion was illegitimate.

Always presumed that Bran would warg into Drogon and that would control him. But clearly Dany can control him. Sort of.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Also, Jon burnt his hand in season 1 saving Lord Commander Mormont from a zombie.

• Registered Users Posts: 934 ✭✭✭OneOfThem Stumbled

Maybe it's a recessive gene? :pac:

Indeed. They are only 'half' Targaryen.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,569 ✭✭✭2ndcoming

Indeed. They are only 'half' Targaryen.

Rhaegar, Viserys and Daenerys are full Targaryen. They're father the Mad King Aerys was married to his sister Rhaella.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

Also, Jon burnt his hand in season 1 saving Lord Commander Mormont from a zombie.

Doesn't show that on the show? Is that in the books?

2ndcoming wrote: »
    Rhaegar, Viserys and Daenerys are full Targaryen. They're father the Mad King Aerys was married to his sister Rhaella.

I meant John and Tyrion.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,434 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

quad_red wrote: »
    Doesn't show that on the show? Is that in the books?

His scream and the fact that his hand is bandaged when he gets his new sword from Mormont is pretty good proof he was burned.

• Advertisement

Targaryens aren't immune to fire, yes they have a higher tolerance as demonstrated by Dany and the bath and the egg on the fire in the first couple of episodes, but the reason why she didn't burn when the funeral pyre was lit for drogo was because the blood magic was still in effect.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,865 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Can be written off as such yes. But also, something was said about the mad king, taking bedding rights after Tywin & Joannas wedding. Another part alludes to a botched abortion, which deformed Tyrion and killed Joanna

Seems there are alot of seemingly insignificant lines throughout the story, that only when pieced together make sense.
    The decision to include some in the show, and not others though
    What bedding/first night rights by the mad king? what botched abortion killing Tywins wife and deforming Tyrion (turned him into a dwarf?)?

If its not in the books its just Reddit BS and not a spoiler...

There is zero foreshadowing of anything about Tyrion being a Targaryan in the books, he's pure Lannister, as smart as Tywin more than any of the other Lannisters.

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭DarkoT

Why everyone are covering their posts for spoilers, when all this is just a theory?

Thargor wrote: »
    What bedding/first night rights by the mad king? what botched abortion killing Tywins wife and deforming Tyrion (turned him into a dwarf?)?

If its not in the books its just Reddit BS and not a spoiler...

There is zero foreshadowing of anything about Tyrion being a Targaryan in the books, he's pure Lannister, as smart as Tywin more than any of the other Lannisters.

http://www.cracked.com/article_21478_6-insane-but-convincing-game-thrones-fan-theories_p5.html

• Registered Users Posts: 17,865 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Nah thats not enough, Tyrion is the youngest, the Mad King would have fathered Jamie and Cersei if he'd done anything at the bedding.

Love the theory about Varys being a Merman though :D

I quite like the Bolton vampire story.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,957 ✭✭✭✭bnt

The possibility that Jon isn't Ned's son is a speculation I'd read somewhere before - possibly here, but hadn't taken too seriously, and then forgot. However, io9 has a spoilerish piece here that suggests the next series has a flashback to Jon's birth, when we find out who his mother is:
    Ned Stark's sister Lyanna
    . My first response to that was to think that Jon would find he has something in common with the Lannisters. :pac:

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

This is an edit of what's appeared in the show of clues to Jon's parentage (not embedding because of spoilers)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3xaspBsfgRg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Paddy Samurai

Yeah its looking like the 3 Dragon Riders will be..

Jon Snow(Targaryen) ,Tyrion Lannister and Daenerys Targaryen.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

That mad king did some amount of milking outside the bucket in fairness.

Advertisement