Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

And the winner of dreamer of the year is...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

My
    God
    :eek:

€7500

MzFhODFjNTA1NmZmMDI5YWFiODcxN2M2OWQxYzNmY2MmDGyxJ_k7lKABhwYMNol8aHR0cDovL21lZGlhLmFkc2ltZy5jb20vNzFjNDhhZWI4M2ZlYjU0ZjY3YThlZDEzYTFmODE4MGNiZWVkNDZkNTY5OTZlNWY5M2JkYWZiYWIwNjg0ZWUzZS5qcGd8fDI5NHx8fHx8aHR0cDovL3d3dy5hZHZlcnRzLmllL3N0YXRpYy9pL3dhdGVybWFyay5wbmd8fGh0dHA6Ly93d3cuYWR2ZXJ0cy5pZS9zdGF0aWMvaS9jYXItaW1hZ2UuanBnfA==.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,973 ✭✭✭Chris_Heilong

CianRyan wrote: »
    My
    God

€7500

MzFhODFjNTA1NmZmMDI5YWFiODcxN2M2OWQxYzNmY2MmDGyxJ_k7lKABhwYMNol8aHR0cDovL21lZGlhLmFkc2ltZy5jb20vNzFjNDhhZWI4M2ZlYjU0ZjY3YThlZDEzYTFmODE4MGNiZWVkNDZkNTY5OTZlNWY5M2JkYWZiYWIwNjg0ZWUzZS5qcGd8fDI5NHx8fHx8aHR0cDovL3d3dy5hZHZlcnRzLmllL3N0YXRpYy9pL3dhdGVybWFyay5wbmd8fGh0dHA6Ly93d3cuYWR2ZXJ0cy5pZS9zdGF0aWMvaS9jYXItaW1hZ2UuanBnfA==.jpg

did you read some of the comments?:D

Had a look through them yeah, the poor lad. Hahaha

It's a featured advert so he'll be getting a lot of grief for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 494 ✭✭Barry Barry

Seriously, people who comment on the ads about the price are ****ing dícks imo. I know its waaaay overpriced but its his car, he can decide what he wants for it.

Yeah, especially the guy saying "it's only a ****ty Celica".
    He might as well plaster, "I haven't a ****ing clue about cars" across his face.

Edit: Add's been cleaned up, only the offers left.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,159 ✭✭✭Top Dog

CianRyan wrote: »
    My
    God

€7500

I missed all the entertainment, but correct me if I'm wrong here - the Carlos Sainz edition never had twin turbos like the advert is claiming - it had a twin-entry turbo similar to all the other GT4's. :confused:

I know wikipedia isn't a definitive bible for information but it backs up my beliefs (though I think the Sainz also had wider arches front & rear too)

The special rally edition of 5000 units was known as the GT-Four RC was launched in September 1991 in Japan. The export version is known as Carlos Sainz (CS) Limited Edition in Europe (in honour of their famous WRC driver), or Group A Rallye in Australia. Special features include:
    • a water-to-air intercooler instead of the standard air-to-air unit, which was much better suited for competition use.
    • different hood used to evacuate air from the engine bay rather than direct it to the intercooler (along with a small inlet duct for cambelt cooling).
    • different bumper that is much lighter and has more openings than the standard one.
    • shortened shift lever throw and clutch pedal travel.
    • Triple cone synchromesh on gears 2 and 3, up from double cone.
    • a special numbered plaque on the center console.
    Out of 5000 units, 1800 were for Japanese market, 3000 were allocated to Europe, 150 in Australia, 25 in Singapore, and very few made a trip to New Zealand and general markets.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,263 ✭✭✭alias no.9

Even if it's immaculate this seems saucy. I know old Fords somehow eventually metamorphose from **** to diamonds, but add minimum €660 VRT to the €1700 asking and another ~€1k minimum to have it road legal for a year :eek:. Am I missing something? Have prices started to firm up for these?

N2YzMDdkNDAzNzM4NzU3MGQ1ZjExZWZjMTk2YzI4OGGb_V9LtlPNfrdgaj1Vfi63aHR0cDovL21lZGlhLmFkc2ltZy5jb20vNTJlZjZhZGQ1MDBmZTcxZTZlOWU2MmZkZjU1NTEyNDliNDZhY2RjZGZkYTI4ZTllMTdkNmIzNDk2NzBjNjQxZi5qcGd8fDI5NHx8fHx8aHR0cDovL3d3dy5hZHZlcnRzLmllL3N0YXRpYy9pL3dhdGVybWFyay5wbmd8fGh0dHA6Ly93d3cuYWR2ZXJ0cy5pZS9zdGF0aWMvaS9jYXItaW1hZ2UuanBnfA==.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 494 ✭✭Barry Barry

I would question weather or not it was a real ST. The interior is the same as any other old bog standard Mondeo

• Registered Users Posts: 4,520 ✭✭✭Tea 1000

Top Dog wrote: »
    I missed all the entertainment, but correct me if I'm wrong here - the Carlos Sainz edition never had twin turbos like the advert is claiming - it had a twin-entry turbo similar to all the other GT4's. :confused:

I know wikipedia isn't a definitive bible for information but it backs up my beliefs (though I think the Sainz also had wider arches front & rear too)

The special rally edition of 5000 units was known as the GT-Four RC was launched in September 1991 in Japan. The export version is known as Carlos Sainz (CS) Limited Edition in Europe (in honour of their famous WRC driver), or Group A Rallye in Australia. Special features include:
    • a water-to-air intercooler instead of the standard air-to-air unit, which was much better suited for competition use.
    • different hood used to evacuate air from the engine bay rather than direct it to the intercooler (along with a small inlet duct for cambelt cooling).
    • different bumper that is much lighter and has more openings than the standard one.
    • shortened shift lever throw and clutch pedal travel.
    • Triple cone synchromesh on gears 2 and 3, up from double cone.
    • a special numbered plaque on the center console.
    Out of 5000 units, 1800 were for Japanese market, 3000 were allocated to Europe, 150 in Australia, 25 in Singapore, and very few made a trip to New Zealand and general markets.
    They didn't have wider arches, but they have all you listed there. Standard car had 201bhp, CS had 205bhp, so no major increase, but all the little things add up to what was a nicer car. They're rare alright, and a future collectable if kept mint, but €7500 is a bit steep, although not a shocking figure like some here are hinting. But chances are he'll get offers from Toyota enthusiasts of over €6k anyway, so he may as well aim high enough. There'd be a better uptake of those in the UK, Ireland isn't the place to sell anything different.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

Not a car buuuut...

New triangles? I'll have to bin them 1st! Could I just have the wheels please.... ;)
    Full-17479271.jpeg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,532 ✭✭✭JohnBoy26

dgt wrote: »
    Not a car buuuut...

New triangles? I'll have to bin them 1st! Could I just have the wheels please.... ;)
    Full-17479271.jpeg
    Bin them?:eek: Put them up on donedeal for 100euro and you'l have them sold in no time :pac:

JohnBoy26 wrote: »
    Bin them?:eek: Put them up on donedeal for 100euro and you'l have them sold in no time :pac:

Morals would prevail over profit, I'd never forgive myself if those tyres caused an accident!!! :eek:

I'd make an interesting youtube vid with them then bin them :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭SRFC

Ah ffs :D:D:D:D

Is that a Lexus steering wheel?

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭Nibs05

What going on with the Lexus steering wheel :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/4576716

not especially a dreamer, just a nutter
    Good car for learners. Also it has a very good Euro Ncap rating 3 almost 4 out of 5 . Insurance for this car a reasonable

Also it is a head turner due to the sheer beauty of it.

not that offensive, a bit like kim kardashian, looks lovely up front, then you see it from beind and boom! hits you like a brick wall. marmite as it is, it does look well maintained.

As a fan of old Toyotas that's painful to see :eek: What do people like this be thinking wrecking cars like that!.

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭DAZP93

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/4505412

Definition of a dreamer..thinking his diesel is worth a fortune!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 405 ✭✭00833827

Those triangle tyres are lethal!

3300 :confused:

Full-17666206.jpeg

The owner must be singing along to the tapedeck again....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,444 ✭✭✭FGR

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/4576716

not especially a dreamer, just a nutter

not that offensive, a bit like kim kardashian, looks lovely up front, then you see it from beind and boom! hits you like a brick wall. marmite as it is, it does look well maintained.

I'm glad he added a twin exhaust to release the full potential of that 1.3 litre monster :pac:

00833827 wrote: »
    Those triangle tyres are lethal!
    I was only joking in my previous post, of course there only fit for the skip. :P

Still though that doesn't stop people from buying them though. Like any other chinese bargain basement ditch finders, people would rather buy these just to save a few euro over a safe decent mid range tyre :rolleyes:

3300 :confused:

Full-17666206.jpeg

The owner must be singing along to the tapedeck again....
    If that car is in good nick it could fetch close to that price imo.

If that car is in good nick it could fetch close to that price imo.

€1500 - €2000 is what I think

€1500 - €2000 is what I think
    maybe your right, but good examples of these are getting thin on the ground. If that one is as fresh as it looks in the pics it would be worth more than 1500 imo.

maybe your right, but good examples of these are getting thin on the ground. If that one is as fresh as it looks in the pics it would be worth more than 1500 imo.

I'm looking at the mileage too. Whilst those engines are fairly tough, high miles and high prices don't go hand in hand. And with a car that's 19 years old....

2200 is a much more realistic figure methinks for that SiR sedan:)

I'm looking at the mileage too. Whilst those engines are fairly tough, high miles and high prices don't go hand in hand. And with a car that's 19 years old....

2200 is a much more realistic figure methinks for that SiR sedan:)
    Your probably right there, the saloon version wouldn't be as sought after as the hatch and probably would command a bit less. :)

As for high miles, it's only got 116k miles up which is reasonable miles for that age of car imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

Sedans are the new cool thing lads!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭MidlandsM

As for high miles, it's only got 116k miles up which is reasonable miles for that age of car imo.

sure, but no jap import arrived here with the true milage on it.........;)

• Advertisement

MidlandsM wrote: »

sure, but no jap import arrived here with the true milage on it.........;)
    That's a bit presumtious. I know many jap imports are clocked but there's still a few that have genuine mileage with a service history to back it up.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement