Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Suzuki Ignis - help with fault diagnosis

• 06-08-2013 9:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭

Hi All, Im having a problem with a 02 Suzuki Ignis (Jap Import) and would appreciate your thoughts on same.

Symptoms:
    when stuck in slow moving traffic or when the car is left idling (after being brought up to temp) the engine management light comes on, revs drop off, and eventually the car will conk. It will usually start up straight away.

Also there is one other issue which may or may not be related.
    When doing very short trips with lots of stopping and starting within a short period of time. ie run to the shop, pick the kid up from school etc. it doesnt fire up straight away, it needs a bit of cranking and a bit of accelerator mashing to get it to go. Could this be fuel pump? and the cause of the previous problem.

I had it on a diagnosis machine about six months ago and there were two errors. Lambda sensor and Crank Sensor. Ive replaced both of these but still the issue persists. The link below is from a Suzuki Owners club which indicates that the issue is somewhat well known and the fix is to replace the Crank Sensor but like I say I did this on Sunday and its still happening.

I dont have access to a decent DTC scanner any more. I have one of the elm327 bluetooth scanners but it doesnt work with the ignis.

Any suggestions welcome.

http://www.suzuki-forums.com/suzuki-ignis-forum/11695-ignis-keeps-conking-out.html

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭dieselbug

Without a decent scanner to view what's going on you are working blind and just guessing. The symptoms you describe could be caused by many things.

Lambda faults again can have many causes and the sensor just reports what it is "seen"
    Did you buy genuine sensors or aftermarket?

The best advice I can give you is to give your location and someone may be able to recommend locally, where you can get the fault or faults diagnosed accurately.

It's the cheapest way in the long run.

• Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭barryfitz

I'm based in Maynooth, there's a Suzuki dealer in maynooth but I don't want to be ridden either. It's one of those issues that will be a lot of trial and error which we all know can be expensive! Parts used so far were Bosch and Blueprint which are both reputable.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭dieselbug

barryfitz wrote: »
    I'm based in Maynooth, there's a Suzuki dealer in maynooth but I don't want to be ridden either. It's one of those issues that will be a lot of trial and error which we all know can be expensive!

There's no need to go to a main dealer, especially with a car of this age.

There should be no need for a lot of trial and error either, just some structured testing.

I'l pm you someone not too far from you.

Advertisement