Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Tell us what you bought?!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,843 ✭✭✭Uncle Ben

hades wrote: »
    Haven't bought it yet, but it's on my wish list

golf+pro.jpg

Have just ordered this now from the book depository

• Registered Users Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭Felexicon

Bought these and a whole lot more while on holiday in the sates over the last 2 weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 8,434 ✭✭✭spacecoyote

I dont care!
    Bought me a rbz mark 2 3 wood & traded in a beaten up old wedge for a shiny new 60° Cleveland wedge

Cos I'm worth it :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,430 ✭✭✭Ilik Urgee

No, keep it as just "what I bought" posts
    oakley_golf_take_2_pants_orion_blue.jpg

oakley_gamer_golf_shirt_blue.jpg

Bought last weekend, optimistic for the weather:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭Almaviva

Ilik Urgee wrote: »
    oakley_golf_take_2_pants_orion_blue.jpg

oakley_gamer_golf_shirt_blue.jpg

Bought last weekend, optimistic for the weather:)

In 2014 or 2015 ?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,430 ✭✭✭Ilik Urgee

Almaviva wrote: »
    In 2014 or 2015 ?

Going on today's weather, 2014 at least!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,800 ✭✭✭take everything

Ping G25 irons.
    Cobra AMP cell hybrid.
    Taylormade RBZ S2 tour 3 wood.

Not too sure about all the bits in the names but I like the look of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,843 ✭✭✭Jimdagym

g_taylormade_san_clemente_cart_bag_white_black_slime_2013.jpg
    Got this bad boy in McGuirkes today. Their summer sale still applies instore, although its gone off the website, so got it for 20% off which was just around online prices.
    I tried on the Adidas powerband shoes, and took them straight off, I found them desperate uncomfortable. Tried on the FJ sports and they were fantastic. However they were €139 instore and available for €100 online so I couldnt justify that.

Regarding the bag, the front ball section comes off to be personalised. ANyone know where does that? Feeling vain :D

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭sodbuster77

Just picked up a new Bushnell Tour V2 range finder after the last one went swimming.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭Felexicon

Jimdagym wrote: »
    Got this bad boy in McGuirkes today. Their summer sale still applies instore, although its gone off the website, so got it for 20% off which was just around online prices.
    I tried on the Adidas powerband shoes, and took them straight off, I found them desperate uncomfortable. Tried on the FJ sports and they were fantastic. However they were €139 instore and available for €100 online so I couldnt justify that.

Regarding the bag, the front ball section comes off to be personalised. ANyone know where does that? Feeling vain :D
    How much was the bag if you don't mind me asking.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,843 ✭✭✭Jimdagym

Felexicon wrote: »
    How much was the bag if you don't mind me asking.

Not at all. It was listed at €149, so with the 20% off it was €119.
    €129 from eugolfstore, so a very good price.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,824 ✭✭✭levitronix

some callway cxr control balls
    callaway twill pants

from sportsdirect

• Registered Users Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

Jimdagym wrote: »

Bought a pair of Adidas Powerbands off eBay a while ago. First time I wore them, they were grim and felt uncomfortable. Now wore them three times and it's like walking on a cloud. They just needed a bit of time for breaking in for me. Your call of course, and if the Footjoys feel better, grab them, but I paid less than half what you're looking at for those Footjoys and I've no complaints now at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,128 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

I have Powerbands and they were uncomfy at first as I have a widefood. Once bed in they are fine, and one of the comfiest golf shoes I've worn. I don't see myself going back to footjoy anytime soon which I found where really "flat"

Addidas are ALWAYS a narrow fit in EVERY footwear they do. So if you have a relatively wide foot, or a large foot, it will take time to bed in.

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭liverbear

ajcurry123 wrote: »
    Got one myself a month ago, amazing how quickly you come to depend on them.

Snap

fearruanua wrote: »

674944_L.jpg

Got these online for €115. Just missed out on the McGurks Irish Open offer(€100ish I think) : (

Lovely shoe but beware the studs are crap. I had to replace mine after 2 weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 23,128 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

liverbear wrote: »
    Lovely shoe but beware the studs are crap. I had to replace mine after 2 weeks

I'd be bringing them back for a replacement. That happened to a pair of footjoys I had and got them replaced.

Studs should be lasting a relatively long time before breaking.

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭BillyBoy

Just got myself a Titleist 910 D2 driver. Have wanted one for a while now after using a mates a few times, so delighted to have gotten it. Club Championship starts on Saturday too, so could be a baptism of fire for it in a competitive round!

TheDoc wrote: »
    I'd be bringing them back for a replacement. That happened to a pair of footjoys I had and got them replaced.

Studs should be lasting a relatively long time before breaking.

I brought them back to Mc Guirks and was given a new pair of compatible spikes. Played with a guy a few weeks ago and the same happened him.

I had a pair of FJ sports and my feet still felt sore after a game. The lightness of the adizero's is great, like wearing a pair of slippers. I definitely feel fresher wearing them.

Ordered a Motocaddy S1 36 Hole electric trolley today. It will be my first electric trolley. Getting old I am. Hopefully it will be worth a shot or two in saved energy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭n2o

207915_3.jpg

Picked up a pair of DryJoy Tours in the Halpenny loyalty sale. No more soggy feet from my Adidas Tour 360 ATVs. Worst shoe ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭Redriddick

Am hope herself does not read this::::::
    New Addidas 6 spike adizeros
    Two new md nv norman drew wedges
    Set of Rocketbladez tour
    Softshell goretex wet gear.
    I,m finished i tell ya finished.(for this year anyway)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,190 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

Got myself a set of Burner Irons, hopefully will have them today to christen tomorrow!!

Say nothing - haven't told the wife yet!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,460 ✭✭✭blackwhite

New bag yesterday evening

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTqrJ--miA3LUkf_DnW0LJQaa_6SUjFf_Xlpdb_FwZZ3iSW0VyH

The old one was falling apart!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭Redriddick

charlieIRL wrote: »
    Got myself a set of Burner Irons, hopefully will have them today to christen tomorrow!!

Say nothing - haven't told the wife yet!!!!!!!!

Jasus Charlie I think we are all in the same boat.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,190 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

Redriddick wrote: »
    Jasus Charlie I think we are all in the same boat.

i could bring home anything and herself wouldn't notice!! I changed my motorbike 2 weeks ago and the old one was blue / white and the new one is red / black and she never noticed!! My oldest though, now she will need a bribe!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭dan_ep82

Second hand hippo elite golf trolley as I was renting them
    And the other half came with me to get it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 511 ✭✭✭D Hayes

Redriddick wrote: »
    Softshell goretex wet gear.

Where did you get these? I'm on the look out for a decent set of wet gear.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,675 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

No, but create a "chat" thread for this one.
    charlieIRL wrote: »
    i could bring home anything and herself wouldn't notice!! I changed my motorbike 2 weeks ago and the old one was blue / white and the new one is red / black and she never noticed!! My oldest though, now she will need a bribe!!

Yeah, I got caught when I got a new set of G20 irons, eldest was all "they're new", na said I and she was all "they are Daddy etc", not really bothered though...

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 252 ✭✭Gin77

I bought this titlest bag on done deal €80 new.
    I'm going to ditch the electric cart over the winter and build some stamina

Advertisement