Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Letters coming in for interviews & informal offers. Post here! Mod note 1st post.

Options
  • 05-03-2012 8:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭

MOD NOTE: Theres been a couple of threads lately on informal interviews and offers so I've merged the three most recent. I'd like everyone to use this thread for all info and queries on interviews, offers, etc so we don't end up with a load of similar threads.
    Cheers - Paperclip2 :)

I have applied to Sligo IT as a mature student, just wondering if anyone has any idea of when matures applicants usually get called for interviews?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭scoob70

So have I :D. I went to the Sligo IT open day to the mature student presentation and was told the mature student interviews will begin around the end of April - start of May. What course have you applied to annacanna?

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭annacanna

i went to the open day and one of the current mature students told me she was called in march.
    ive applied for early childhood care and education. what are you hoping to do?

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭scoob70

Hmmmm - March. Well I guess that might mean we find out if we've got a place sooner :). I guess if I've not had an application or a letter or something off them by mid April I might give them a quick call. I've applied to do the higher cert. in science. I must be mad! - but very excited.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭anfield bound

anyone know when UCD/Trinity usually call for mature interviews?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭Shryke

I would love to know this with regards to NUIG if anyone has any experience. I wonder if most colleges operate around the same timeframe?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Wondering the same about DIT. Got an email today (got my hopes up :o ) but it was just to confirm my CAO app and info on another open day

also, does anyone know how trin/ucd contact you to notify of an interview?is it by phone/email or through the cao account,or even old school post?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Lisa 333

Hi, I applied to Trinity as a mature student , got a letter last wk , my interview is in two wks ......... dental nursing course ............. any one got any tips , feeling nervous about it xx

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭Dores

congratulations!
    I've applied to Trinity for History/Sociology, Social work. I'm still waiting...

Dores wrote: »
    congratulations!
    I've applied to Trinity for History/Sociology, Social work. I'm still waiting...

phew,thats a relief.one of the courses i've applied for is history & political science , hopefully the historians at trinity are just a bit lazy about getting 'round to posting interview letter's.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Izzie11

Anyone hear anything from UCC yet?

congratulations!

Thank You Dores,
    I hope you get your letter soon..;)

• Registered Users Posts: 32 beirne83

I applied to TCD for Occupational Therapy, still waiting for a letter to arrive. Anyone else apply for this course?? Getting a little anxious at this stage.

Beirne83

beirne83 wrote: »
    I applied to TCD for Occupational Therapy, still waiting for a letter to arrive. Anyone else apply for this course?? Getting a little anxious at this stage.

Beirne83

Anyone else doing Dental Nursing ????????:D

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭Feu

beirne83 wrote: »

Beirne83

iirc we got our interview letters around the 3rd week of march, with interviews mid april. So i wouldn't be surprised if you hear this week. Good luck, and let me know if you have any Qs about the course :)

• Registered Users Posts: 32 beirne83

Thanks so much for your reply Feu. Fingers crossed I'll get it this week. I will let you know how I get on.
    Thanks
    Beirne83

heard today that the pfo letters don't get sent 'til at least a month after the invitations...that's sick if true,god knows you'd be clinging on to the little shred of non-existant hope 'til you were put out of your misery!5 envelopes waiting for me today when I got in...bills and bloody bank statements the lot of them.tut tut trinity college, tut tut.

be sure to call the department you have applied for, they may be able to give you some information over the phone, e.g. when they are sending the letters out, so you are not waiting by the door for the postman!

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭antkeane

So I wrote to TCD last week to ask when we will be getting our interview dates and stuff like that. I thought it would be good to have this thread here so people can see as people get informal offers and interview dates in etc...
    Then we can kind of have an idea of how its all going. I hate waiting!!

(BTW I got this back from TCD)
    Hi Anthony,

Decisions should be made on interview dates in the next couple of week. You will hear from us then, one way or the other.

So if you get an interview date in any college or a letter in the post. Write it down in here so we can see the dates you are getting them as everyone gets them. :) If we do!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭grasshopper1

also, does anyone know how trin/ucd contact you to notify of an interview?is it by phone/email or through the cao account,or even old school post?

Hi ya, I went for an interview last year. I can't remember but looking through my email I got an acceptance mail in late July. So it would have been between April~July. Have you applied to UCD directly?

When I went for the interview, I was asked to write a short essay about myself, I was really nervous as I much prefer to type. But she was so kind, and mostly it was about when I had last done any studying; how did I feel about studying etc

good luck

grasshopper

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Just to say from past experience, each department sends out letters at different times. I heard from Pharmacy (Rejection) a good two weeks before Physiotherapy (Offer). So if someone else has got a letter, don't panic too much. :)

I know a few people have gotten letters from Trinity already (not me!), UCD told me that theirs would be around now aswell...will keep you posted. Now back to my station by the letterbox...

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭Dores

hi. I just got letter from Trinity history department (refusal :'( ). Still waiting for any news from Social Work or Sociology.

Now I am going to my bedroom to put my head under the duvet and stay this way until next letter will come!

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭grasshopper1

hi. I just got letter from Trinity history department (refusal :'( ). Still waiting for any news from Social Work or Sociology.

Now I am going to my bedroom to put my head under the duvet and stay this way until next letter will come!

Really sorry to hear about that. Have you applied to do any of the Access courses?

I'm doing one at the moment and I would really recommend it, if you've been out of the system for a long time, or not really sure if it's for you.

Bye,
    grasshopper1

Right, I'll go first so! Letter from Trinity waiting for me when I got home today, inviting me to an interview on April 3rd for History and Political Science. Phase one complete! Hoping for another couple next week, fingers crossed.

Got a letter inviting me to an interview for History and Political Science at Trinity on April 3rd. Fingers crossed for a couple more next week!

great news anfield!

Feu wrote: »
    great news anfield!

gracias! I've been so wrapped up in other courses I applied for that I semi forgot about this one... at least I have a week and a bit to get my story straight! Have to try and sculpt my web of lies into some sort of tangible rant!

Yeh definitely get on that, iirc, a girl in my class was grilled over why she had put a different course first --- so have your rationale all worked out!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭peacock169

Received letter from Maynooth to come for interview on April 4th for Biotechnology. Rang DCU and they said interviews begin week starting April 16th, so on that basis i would expect letters, (invitation or rejection) should be 2 weeks previous. Fingers crossed. Good luck everyone.

Advertisement