Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Loungers Who Lunch - The Off Topic Thread (All Chat Goes Here!)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

And there's "Driving Home For Christmas", and "Fairytale of New York" ...

And fires, and cosy nights in, and selection boxes everywhere! :D

I much prefer winter.

Between that and the Christmas cake I've been eating for the last few days have made me want Christmas NOW!

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Posy wrote: »
    Add me to the 'I love winter' list.
    Maybe I'd change my mind if I lived in a country that gets a summer- I dunno! :rolleyes:

Winter has woolly jumpers, hot cups of tea, steaming bowls of stew, big thick fluffy socks and cosy duvets. Not to mention the Christmas season where everything twinkles and there is a constant party atmosphere, families reuniting for the holidays and sparkly lights adorning every street corner. :)

and Halloween, best time of year! (more autumn than winter but in this country every season is Winter :pac: )

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,523 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

krudler wrote: »
    and Halloween, best time of year! (more autumn than winter but in this country every season is Winter :pac: )
    Halloween stands between me and Christmas. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

How do people not know what an address bar is? I just spent 41 minutes trying to get a merchant onto our website. OH. MY. GOD.

My mother used to get very confused between typing a website address and googling something.
    She got the hang of it in less than a day though, I recall.

41 minutes!? Wow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Yay, I think my bf is coming down on Thursday! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭WesternNight

Christmas? 161 days, folks :D

:eek:

Indeed I believe it is. :pac:

Posy wrote: »
    41 minutes!? Wow.

She didn't have a clue what she was doing. Jeez, it was beyound frustrating! She was so sweet at the end though, I love the nice ones :)

• Advertisement

Novella wrote: »
    She didn't have a clue what she was doing. Jeez, it was beyound frustrating! She was so sweet at the end though, I love the nice ones :)
    It is just amazing the difference not being a dickhead makes :)

So close to falling asleep on my desk right now.

Zzzzzzzzzz...

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

krudler wrote: »

I love Halloween. I love having the crap scared out of me, it's harder to do than it used to be though.

I had an argument here with another Irish person who claimed that Halloween was an American thing. I schooled his ass with info on Samhain. Pagans ftw!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Das Kitty wrote: »
    I love Halloween. I love having the crap scared out of me, it's harder to do than it used to be though.

I had an argument here with another Irish person who claimed that Halloween was an American thing. I schooled his ass with info on Samhain. Pagans ftw!

i want to get violent every time i hear them say sam-hane and bell-tane
    arghhh
    :pac:

re the violence discussion i did some jiu jitsu in college but not for too long i think
    an ex got attacked while we were walking home one night years ago, yer man was off his head on something and just kept stopping, yelling, then punching him again
    i kept trying to jump in the middle and catch his attention to distract him but it wasn't working
    then we finally ran away which we would have done earlier if ex's glasses hadnt been knocked off
    bit mad

all dressed up today for meeting but sinus pain yuck

i'm so exhausted!!

Good God, looking like I'm going to be on time for work this morning- woooah! :eek:

I was supposed to quiz tonight, but I think I'm physically unable. Better night's sleep last night only one wailing wake up call, but I'm more shattered than yesterday and my 2 hours sleep.

My bestie has texted me and invited me to her house for tea and hugs. Think I need that.

It's been a while since I updated you all on the activities of HIM. I went off him for a while, as he told me that his mother was coming over from Italy and he couldn't wait to get his laundry done. So there was a month or so there that I couldn't see anything but a can't fend for himself mama's boy.

I've decided now that he was probably joking (as he always seems to be joking). Interesting things I have learned.

1. In spite of strait-laced appearances, he is a metal fan.
    2. His biggest fear on moving to Galway was not the weather or the language barrier, but that people would make fun of his accent.
    3. He tried swimming in Salthill, got one toe in and ran away saying "nopenopenope".
    4. I sent him out to Dog's Bay on Sunday and he actually swam in the Atlantic. I told him it would toughen his mediterranean arse up.

I don't find him attractive anymore, think the mummy-laundry thing quenched that one. He is good fun as a manager though. Especially after the last one I had.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

I went to bed at half nine last night and actually slept all the way through til morning :eek: This is a first for me, I normally can't bring myself to go to bed before midnight!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

Just popping in to say hello from my holliers. On the computer not cos I'm sad but because it's 30 degrees already so staying in where it's cool!

Ugh I hate aggressive people. Yesterday we (me, pancake, pancake's dad, grandparents, uncle and baby cousin) went to the river for a picnic and a swim. We had a lovely spot at the side of the water and all was grand. Then along came another family, who had a dog that wasn't on the leash. The dog (medium sized) ran right over barking to where we were sitting and ran over to where pancake was sitting in his baby seat. Understandably we got a bit of a fright, and we asked (politely) if they could put the dog on a leash. Well the dad didn't even let us finish the sentence and starting roaring and shouting about how there was nothing wrong with his dog, he was vicious, and that he'd come over and sort us out if we didn't shut up (bear in mind that we couldn't get a word in). Now I don't mind dogs. But I didn't know this dog or what he was like, so I think it was reasonable to ask the owner to attach the dog after he ran over to my baby. So we ended up having to leave cos the guy was so unfriendly and eat our picnic somewhere else. Grr.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 8,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fluorescence

Get. Out.

gtfo_get_out_guy_rage_face_comic_meme_flyer-p244286714848463406enytt_210.jpg

That is terrible, Ivy! What a horrible rude asshole. :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

jesus Ivy, that's not rude, that's downright threatening! :eek: if it were me in that position, I'd have called the cops

Out for a walk at the moment. Earphones un and blasting the album I was raving about. It was so worth waiting for. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭Ella

My sister is in hospital with a suspected brain bleed :(

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭Sarah**

One day closer to Friday - Hurray! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭Sarah**

Ella Bella wrote: »

That's awfull :eek:. I hope she is ok.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

Oh no. Hopefully its not too bad. Did she fall or have a headache or something?

Jesus. *hugs*

Thinking of you. xx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭Ella

Oh no. Hopefully its not too bad. Did she fall or have a headache or something?
    Nope she actually thought it was a bad hangover. Getting sick, dizzy and ears blocked. But it didn't go after 3 days do she went to the doc yesterday morning who sent her straight in A&E.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭WesternNight

Hopefully it'll be one of those "sounds worse than it actually is" things. Must be so scary though :(

*hugs*

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭tatabubbly

Hope your sister gets better Ella-bella!

Officially on the countdown now to Christmas... IN other news, its 179 days till I leave for Canada approximately!

WHOOP WHOOP!

Bleh going into work today, can my manager not understand my love of pjamas and tea??

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement