Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Group booking on Stena (Dublin to Holyhead)

• 21-10-2013 5:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 887 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Looking for advice..

I have a large group of students (aged 16-19) and will be bringing them on a trip to Blackpool. We have agreed that we want to go on the boat & get coach up to Blackpool from Holyhead.

Now my question is what will the best way to book & get a good price. I imagined if their is so many of us going they should give us some sort of discount. Their will be about 25 going altogether including 2 adult leaders. So I guess the group could all fall under the "students" category.

Does anyone know what's my best way to go about this? Should I call them directly or wait for some sort of discount or discounts they will be having anytime soon?

I'm not in a rush to book as dates were going will be the bank holiday weekend of April (18th - 22nd)

Any help appreciated cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,655 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

Hi all,

Looking for advice..

I have a large group of students (aged 16-19) and will be bringing them on a trip to Blackpool. We have agreed that we want to go on the boat & get coach up to Blackpool from Holyhead.

Now my question is what will the best way to book & get a good price. I imagined if their is so many of us going they should give us some sort of discount. Their will be about 25 going altogether including 2 adult leaders. So I guess the group could all fall under the "students" category.

Does anyone know what's my best way to go about this? Should I call them directly or wait for some sort of discount or discounts they will be having anytime soon?

I'm not in a rush to book as dates were going will be the bank holiday weekend of April (18th - 22nd)

Any help appreciated cheers

Call them 01-2047777

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭Geog1234

In case it's of interest the Stena HSS Explorer from Dún Laoghaire resumes for Summer 2014 on 9th April and will depart Dún Laoghaire at 13.30 daily arriving into Holyhead at 15.45.

Dún Laoghaire Harbour, the nearby East Pier and watching the HSS dock are all interesting experiences.

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭currins_02

Why not book with some of the Irish Coach operators who run cross channel tours. Usually they will handle boat booking, get a better discount, you'll pay in Euro and your gear can be loaded once and no lugging it on and off boat?

If need be I can pm you some contact numbers?

Advertisement