Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

What made you smile/frown/mad/sad/cry today-thread for all your emotional needs! V5

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

I has a cold.

I'm not miserable though, I actually feel a bit stoned. I could do with some sleep though, that'd be nice.

Best friend's birthday at the weekend and I have no earthly idea what to get her. Oh wait, just had one. A salon voucher, there's a great one just up from her house and she's a bridesmaid and getting married herself this year so it'll be put to good use.

Yes! Thank you cold-addled brain for coming through.

*high-fives brain*

Ouch

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

someone left you an arena challenge DK :)

feeling sh!t today
    want to go home and curl up in a ball
    or a big hug
    or both

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

Jane_LS_88 wrote: »
    Hope everyone feels better soon. Tea and hugs for all. :)

I need some turquoise eye shadow for the wedding on Saturday. I'll have to look through my collection first though before I go running off buying another one. :p

I mean this is the nicest possible way, just sharing something I learned along the cosmetics way! It's often better not to match make up, particularly eye shadow, to your outfit, it can get very matchy matchy depending on how it's done. Maybe a slick of turquoise liquid eyeliner would be better than turquoise eyeshadow, blue eyeshadow is a tough one to pull off! Or a lovely bit of black liquid liner on a cream/nude eyeshadow would be nice too :)
    Das Kitty wrote: »
    Best friend's birthday at the weekend and I have no earthly idea what to get her. Oh wait, just had one. A salon voucher, there's a great one just up from her house and she's a bridesmaid and getting married herself this year so it'll be put to good use.

It's my boyfriend's birthday next week and I have NO idea what to get him, he's impossible to get presents for! :(

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

yes jane, don't match your eyeshadow to your outfit - match it to your complexion always
    turquoise especially can be very hit and miss
    what acoshla said is right - if you're wearing such a strong colour have something neutral-ish on your eyes
    Neutral

Not feeling so brave? Neutral colors look gorgeous with a turquoise dress. You can pair your bright dress with a salmony pink lip stain and an easy swipe of gray eyeshadow across your lids. The gray deepens the creases of your eyes, making them stand out even more than usual, and the lip stain keeps your lips all pretty and shiny. But don't go so neutral that you skip the makeup altogether. With a dress as noticeable as yours, you want to bring some of the attention up to your beautiful face as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Thanks guys.. I have no idea what suits me tbh. :o

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

bluewolf wrote: »
    someone left you an arena challenge DK :)

I spotted someone looking to take part but not a direct challenge. I might pick him up this weekend and see if he want's to have at it.

Das Kitty wrote: »
    I spotted someone looking to take part but not a direct challenge. I might pick him up this weekend and see if he want's to have at it.

you're the champion so it's you :D

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Does anyone else ever feel bad about standing up for themselves?

hell no, being too nice to everyone will get you nowhere in life you'll just be a doormat.

krudler wrote: »
    hell no, being too nice to everyone will get you nowhere in life you'll just be a doormat.

True. I usually let people away with a lot tbh and it's not good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭almostnever

Jessibelle wrote: »
    Here's yer sister. I seem to have decided this year, (first year, dream course like??) is the year I need to panic in exams and not remember a thing :( Emailed my tutor today to say I'll finish the set of exams but I will be repeating, please don't hate me, I can do this, except nicer like. I also had to restrain myself from photocopying my previous parchment to prove I do belong in college and can complete a degree.
    Hope it goes better for your next one AN, and with the lovely Mr X :)

You wouldn't believe the amount of people I know in medicine who panicked in their first year exams, it's completely understandable! Don't feel bad about yourself at all, even if you do have repeats there'll be so many others who do too and you can't know for sure that that's even the case. I hope your tutor is reassuring about it, you can bet that you weren't the first and won't be the last to get in touch with their tutor! Best of luck with the rest of the exams, I really hope they go well for you. :) And thanks a million, I think once tomorrow's exam is done I'll be flying. The one I had yesterday and the one I'll have tomorrow are actually fourth year modules so the exams are Finals which explains why they're so bloody hard! I'll be back to my second year ones next week :P And thanks for the luck with X, I'm planning to do my very best in that regard ;):D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,680 ✭✭✭confusticated

Susie_Q wrote: »
    Well I made the mistake of asking my arsehole of a colleague to read over my technical test answers before submitting them. Instead of friendly, constructive feedback, she came into my office saying incredibly ****ty things like "Well this bit makes no sense, I didn't understand it" and even "I wouldn't hire you if I read this".

THANKS VERY MUCH YOU SILLY BINT! That made me feel just peachy ahead of my interview today.

WAGON. :mad:

What?! :mad: Ignore her Susie, that's a horrible thing to someone getting ready for an interview...also, maybe she didn't understand it because it went above her head? She's not in a position to hire you, so it doesn't matter what she thinks! If she couldn't offer suggestions of what to say instead, I'd say what you wrote is absolutely fine. Good luck! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭Susie_Q

Thanks a million. I could have thumped her!

Interview is in 20 mins - will report back!

Good luck Susie! :D

Apparently I'm too plain not to wear brightly coloured eyeshadow..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭Honey-ec

How the flock is it only Thursday??? Longest week ever. And I wasn't even in on Monday.

In other news, came home from work to find the following note from my mother on the counter. I really hope she's not planning to top herself on her holliers...

531413_10150998963332678_552147677_13245111_349788942_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭Bubblefett

Good luck Susie Q!!

Apparently I'm too plain not to wear brightly coloured eyeshadow..

Huh? Brightly coloured eyeshadow is best left to those who have experimented for years and know exactly what suits them and how to apply it, my best friend is there, I'm not yet, maybe by the time I'm 30.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

Acoshla wrote: »
    Huh? Brightly coloured eyeshadow is best left to those who have experimented for years and know exactly what suits them and how to apply it, my best friend is there, I'm not yet, maybe by the time I'm 30.

Yeh nude colours all the way.

Yeh nude colours all the way.

Liquid eyeliner ftw! I'd be lost without MAC mushroom and brown liquid liner, what did I look like before it?? Dread to think :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭Bubblefett

I'm completely in love with the new puppy :D He's brilliant, really coming out of his shell and settling in to the house. He drags his bed everywhere with him and is such a cuddly dog!
    We can't bring him for a walk until his neck gets better though :( The skins really bad from where he had the choke collar.

485777_10150990583189918_639164917_13085054_516259231_a.jpg

I know, but that's according to my mother.. "You need to brighten yourself up a bit." is what she said after that. :confused:

• Advertisement

I know, but that's according to my mother.. "You need to brighten yourself up a bit." is what she said after that. :confused:

my grandmother thinks i should wear oompa loompa tan

they don't always know best

wear a strong eyeliner and nude eyeshadow and you'll be fine

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

my grandmother thinks i should wear oompa loompa tan

they don't always know best

and contour the sh!t outta your face. :D

Jeez you're talking to the wrong person about contouring... :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭Honey-ec

Urban Decay are great for brightly/strong coloured eyeliners. They're waterproof too so they'll last the day without smudging into the crease of your eye.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,517 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Jane, to be fair, your mother was a young wan back in the über fashionable eighties, when pink lipstick, bright blue eyeshadow and orange makeup was the look de jour. The older generation love all this crap. Young ladies such as yourself prefer understated and natural... some people will always call you plain if you're not slathered in orange foundation and pink blusher.

Oooh, hope it's all going well for Susie! Fingers crossed for you! xx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

OMFG!! Stop breathing through your nose and making sexual noises when you stand or sit. It’s minging!!! :mad::mad::mad:

True Posy. I'll wear a neutral eyeshadow and I'm going to wear liquid black eyeliner. I'm nervous now.. :o

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,517 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Oh, forgot to say, eeeeek, Bubblefett, your puppy is sooo cute! Glad he's starting to feel at home in his new place. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,441 ✭✭✭pampootie

Bubblefett he's gorgeous! So glad the little guy has a second chance with someone who'll love him.

Jane ignore them, my granny used to try to 'rouge' me before I went out, in a bosco-esqe fashion. Apparently blending was 'a waste' because nobody would know you had it on then. If you're wearing turquoise id wear black eyeliner and a goldy nude eyeshadow.

• Advertisement

I actually have a really nice Catrice gold-y coloured eyeshadow.. Might wear that.

Oh my God the cuteness of bubblefett's puppy!!! :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement