Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due June 2013

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭sunshiner

omg blueskye oh good luck and let us know how you go ;D

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭DoubleB

Jeepers, I don't come on here for one day and all this drama happens.
    Paperclip - I hops you are feeling ok today. You poor thing what an awful day you had
    Bluesky- Oh my God!! Cannot believe ur lil babas could be arriving. I am so so excited. Hope you are feeling ok after a stressful day yesterday. You have done so amazing by the sounds of things. I can't imagine carrying two. Will b thinking of you and your babies today. Best of luck. Xxx

Last night I had so much watery discharge after using loo that I thought it may have been my waters. Stopped thou after the one little 'gush'. Anybody else getting this? My latest obsession is that I'd love to give birth kneeling up? Have yee thought about different positions?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭MurdyWurdy

DoubleB wrote: »
    Jeepers, I don't come on here for one day and all this drama happens.
    Paperclip - I hops you are feeling ok today. You poor thing what an awful day you had
    Bluesky- Oh my God!! Cannot believe ur lil babas could be arriving. I am so so excited. Hope you are feeling ok after a stressful day yesterday. You have done so amazing by the sounds of things. I can't imagine carrying two. Will b thinking of you and your babies today. Best of luck. Xxx

Last night I had so much watery discharge after using loo that I thought it may have been my waters. Stopped thou after the one little 'gush'. Anybody else getting this? My latest obsession is that I'd love to give birth kneeling up? Have yee thought about different positions?

I think kneeling up would be good too! If you get an epidural though you can only give birth on your left side or on your back and I def want an epidural! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭aknitter

Double B - I've thought about positions and I've wondered about kneeling but I'm honestly worried that the baby will slip, paranoid I know. Last time I was on my feet more and able to check out different positions and went to the bed when I needed to push and the whole thing was more manageable, maybe the best thing to do will be to see how everything goes on the day?

Yeah I'm very open minded about all options at the minute and figure ill try to not have epi but if I need it then ill go for it. Have written in birth plan to be told BEFORE the cut off point for epi and offered it. I have a bad back and was told that giving birth in back is not good in this case. If this little monkey doesn't turn soon it'll b a c section so it better start making shapes?! I'm 34 and 3 now. Have all of your lil dudes turned?

• Advertisement

Yeah I'm very open minded about all options at the minute and figure ill try to not have epi but if I need it then ill go for it. Have written in birth plan to be told BEFORE the cut off point for epi and offered it. I have a bad back and was told that giving birth in back is not good in this case. If this little monkey doesn't turn soon it'll b a c section so it better start making shapes?! I'm 34 and 3 now. Have all of your lil dudes turned?

Open mind sounds like a good plan! I'm going to try without an epidural for as long as I can on rhe very slight chance i won't need one but I reckon I'll want one so preparing myself for that :) what I really wouldn't want is a c section but I can't control that so just going to go with the flow. If I need one in the end then so be it. :)

My little man has been head down since I was about 25 weeks. I'm 32+5 today. He better not turn now. Hope your little one turns soon!

Ive been mentally preparing for a normal birth, but baby still in breech and is fine and comfy where it is, sure why would it want to move :P i think stubborn like me!
    Was at the gp yesterday and she was telling me if im still in breech in a few weeks they will more than likely do a c- section wasnt very happy about the thought. On the plus side she was happy with me and babys heart was 150bpm
    Im now 33 +6

• Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭Blueskye

Still in hospital...thought I'd be discharged by now as BP back to normal, bloods all fine, trace this morn fine. Waiting on doc but midwife thinks I'll be kept in.

But was just allowed breakfast so no c-section today.

And apparently neo natal unit full so no space for my babies if they needed it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭krankykitty

Lots of activity here!

Blueskye - did she think you'll be in now until babies? That's exciting (in a way, but obviously not nice for you being in hospital, just that you might be coming home with babies!). Just think, this time next week we will probably have the first babies of the thread <3 Will be thinking of you and sending you good wishes for a safe and uneventful delivery of your two little bundles!

Double B/Sunshiner - Mine was breech all the way and then turned around 34 weeks or so, I knew something was happening as it was a horrible uncomfortable feeling. She was head down at the scan at the start of this week but I can't be sure any more as I felt that uncomfortable thing again a few days after, and she seems to move around an awful lot. I find I am feeling more rolls and moves than I am kicks or punches these days so it seems harder to tell. I definitely don't think bump has dropped (36+2)

Paperclip - how are you today? Hope you feel better..

Aknitter - did you get the epidural the last time? On one of the rare episodes of One Born I have watched, there was a woman who delivered kneeling, but there was a midwife there ready holding on to the baby as it came out.

Murdy - enjoy your weekend away I'm sure baby will behave and wait till you get back safely :)

I have a totally frivolous request to make. If anyone sees any babygros/outfits/suits that make the baby look like an animal, either online or in a shop could you let me know? I am looking at lots of lovely babygros online but as most are in 'Murica don't want the hassle of being stung by the customs.. Thanks :)

• Advertisement

Just finished painting the babies room at long last, My friend came over with her kids and helped me. Im so delighted, Just a few touch ups to do later and then i can move the piled up furniture in. :D Even my dogs are delighted as her kids wore them out hehe
    Im pooped now. The babies going mental i think its telling me off.

Glad everything is better today blueskye ive been thinking of you.

Krankykitty thats good to know.

sunshiner wrote: »
    Just finished painting the babies room at long last, My friend came over with her kids and helped me. Im so delighted, Just a few touch ups to do later and then i can move the piled up furniture in. :D Even my dogs are delighted as her kids wore them out hehe
    Im pooped now. The babies going mental i think its telling me off.

Glad everything is better today blueskye ive been thinking of you.

Krankykitty thats good to know.

Well done you! Great feeling when you get a job like that done.

I was let out for 4 hours and back in now for the night. I'd say I'll be in til Tuesday. Doc wants me monitored every day. But all is grand. Although some girl was apparently rifling through my room when I was gone. She stole my shower gel :) seriously, I'd have given it to her if she had asked. But just shows, be careful with anything valuable. Luckily I had brought my overnight bag etc home to put some stuff in the wash.

Thanks for all the positive thoughts girls.
    Hope you are all good.

Krankykitty - I have 2 babies and I had no epi for either of them. Wasn't available for my first and my second came so fast that there was no need for it! :) I think an epi is the better option if you need a section (you're awake and can meet the baby as soon as its born and no GA hangover). But if you have a normal birth no epi puts you in more control and according to any midwife I've spoken to, you are less likely to tear or have any assistance (I tore both times and didn't feel it - in case anyone is wondering).

I've been getting those lightning pains in my crotch today - felt like pulling a Michael Jackson move going around Woodies but thought that might just be inappropriate.

I think my little one has turned and is ready to go, I am still very high and being kicked in my ribs. Feeling like I'm being tenderised!

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭paperclipgrad

At least you're being well looked after, Blue- and maybe baby soon! Yes, I do have long hair, but don't worry if you don't remember me- I didn't take that good of a look at you either, didn't want to invade your privacy either! I was just curious to see just how big a twin bump gets. It's definitely bigger than mine anyway...

Mine is pointing downwards and seems to like punching me in the lady bits. Unfun.

Today was fairly busy as I had lots of family coming over, so had to clean the house, went into town to meet everyone and around the festival (big fest on today in Limerick, then everyone came back to mine, I made dinner for everyone and they just left about half an hour ago. I need to put my feet up! Thankfully they did the dishes and helped clean up. :) My niece puked over a chair in the living room so that's now airing out to dry! I did joke that when the baby is born we'll be over to shake it up hanging over their couch...ahahaha...

Ah, everything is just more tiring when you're pregnant, isn't it?

for sure its so tiring, im gona be in bed shortly im so wrecked it aint funny.
    I have a feeling tomorrow ill be paying for this painting and i have a christening tomorrow which im dreading

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭lynda18

Glad u both ok after hospital scares!

Bluesky thinking of u in hospital hope ur well and can sleep !

Making most of weather in garden all day.starting get very nesting and want all organised in house. Was all day doing garden today.

Good morning all,

Blue- Hope you got some sleep in there last night. Can't belive somebody swiped your shower gel. Thats feckin awful!! I'll be super careful with my bits now.

I'm feeling really panicked today. I don't know why. I feel like just going in and asking if baby is strong enough to come out now can you just give me a section now and make sure the babs is safe. I suppose we have just come this far that its only natural to worry about what could happen. I'm sorry ladies I probably sound completely irrational.

Lynda I'm the same with the nesting only I start a job and then get tired or sore back and end up leaving it. I want everything perfect for when baby arrives but also for all of the visitors I keep hearing I am going to have. Big tradition around here!!

OK this is a completely non baby related question but would love your opinion... Myself and hubby have quite a large driveway and area at front of our house which is covered in weeds and holes and is dusty and bumpy and makes front of house look terrible. Big mortgage and car loan and new baby stuff to buy so saving is quite difficult. However we are a thousand euro short of having enough money to get driveway tarmacked(spelling?!) We would both absolutely love to have it done and it will definitely have to be done soon. My question is are we mad to use every bit of our savings and more to get this done with a new baby on the way? We wont have one penny in case of emergency and also will our outgoings increase much because of babs?? Just looking for opinions!!

I'm feeling really panicked today. I don't know why. I feel like just going in and asking if baby is strong enough to come out now can you just give me a section now and make sure the babs is safe. I suppose we have just come this far that its only natural to worry about what could happen. I'm sorry ladies I probably sound completely irrational.

Not irrational at all, that's only natural to feel panicky. How long have you left? I think the longer it goes on the worse the worrying gets (plus I bet we get a double dose of hormones at this stage to make matters worse). Are you worried about the birth itself or just wanting to know baby is here and safe? *hugs*
    OK this is a completely non baby related question but would love your opinion... Myself and hubby have quite a large driveway and area at front of our house which is covered in weeds and holes and is dusty and bumpy and makes front of house look terrible. Big mortgage and car loan and new baby stuff to buy so saving is quite difficult. However we are a thousand euro short of having enough money to get driveway tarmacked(spelling?!) We would both absolutely love to have it done and it will definitely have to be done soon. My question is are we mad to use every bit of our savings and more to get this done with a new baby on the way? We wont have one penny in case of emergency and also will our outgoings increase much because of babs?? Just looking for opinions!!

Suppose it depends on your view on financials. Personally even in normal times I like to have a bit of a savings cushion just in case, but I know that is quite a conservative financial view. How long would it take you to pay it back and/or build up a little bit of savings again? Is there anything cheaper you could do in the meantime to improve it?

I'm not sure the outgoings increase that much in the first few months from what I've heard, especially if you've already stocked up on the equipment you need.. breastfeeding free/formula I think 1 tin a week @ around €12, nappies expensive but I've heard good things about Tescos own brand (newborn nappies 25 for €2.50), it's summer so hopefully we won't need too much heating on. The only thing would be if the baby was sickly and needed to attend GP a lot. I'm sure someone with more baby experience will be able to give you a better idea.

You could put gravel down as a stopgap? It's not ideal, but it'd be cheaper than tarmacking the whole thing, leaving you with a bit of money left over and it'd look better than it does now. It's always good to have a bit of extra €€ floating around just in case.

The GP who attends the mother also provides care for the new-born baby; they will provide two developmental examinations free of charge at 2 weeks and 6 weeks following the birth. If you have a medical card, that would cover baby's visits as well.

well if it was me id prefer to keep the money awhile. Like paperclip suggested you could get some 804 gravel thats like stuff they put down as layers and packing and is relatively cheaper than say limestone gravel. It would do as a stop measure.
    If it was me,id weedkill the area and to hell with the drive.

I kind of feel like that too double b i want the baby here already starting to feel like a whale now. I actually had a dream about it last night that i gave birth.

• Advertisement

Double B - I'd leave it a while too, when the baby is a toddler it will be a great idea to have it done with a gate aswell so s/he can go out on bikes and give you some peace. I don't think its worth the hassle at this stage, weed kill and give it some thought in 12 months time (I am getting a wardrobe done and I honestly would prefer to wait but can't).

I've been worried too! Last time the physio told me my pelvis was tilting forward and on friday night I had a dream that the baby couldn't come out so it was emergency c-section then I went into a coma after the GA and woke up to no baby or any children at all! It was a bit freaky and took a while to realise it was a dream. I'm going to physio and GP this week so I'll have a chat with them then as I am worried about the tilting pelvis.

Has anyone given thought to contraception afterwards. Seeing as this is no 3 for me and the pregnancy has been so tough, I'm looking at something long term like the coil or maybe even a vasectomy for him (though at 34 is that too young for him?)

The only form of contraception i can use are condoms or diaphragm :( can only use progesterone contraception ( mini pill) due to heart condition but they just make me have periods of months on end with no let up so i prefer not use them.

sunshiner wrote: »
    The only form of contraception i can use are condoms or diaphragm :( can only use progesterone contraception ( mini pill) due to heart condition but they just make me have periods of months on end with no let up so i prefer not use them.

I can't use oestrogen based contraception at all either! Funny how that happens, isn't it? :) It makes me vomit loads which is how I knew I'd be someone that suffered from terrible morning sickness long before I got pregnant! I was thinking of trying mini pill after baby is here just to see. I was on depo provera which I found brilliant (not a single side effect) but it's just too long lasting to use until we decide when (if) we want a second one :) It took almost a year for me to get my periods back before.

DoubleB - it's natural to be worried after what happened before. I'm sure you're getting anxious but baby will be here soon. I feel like asking them to whip the baby out sometimes too and I have no reason to!

Blueskye - hope you're ok in the hospital. Babies will be here so soon! I can't believe someone swiped your shower gel. I'll have to remember to be careful in the hospital. I was advised that if you bring your own pillow to use a really distinctive pillow case because they can go walkies too. Isn't that just crazy? I was going to bring my big V shaped pillow in so I've already written my name on it :o Let us know how you're getting on anyway!

I'm back from my trip. We had a scare that wasn't really a scare at all! Last night the baby was moving so much (after a big dinner in the hotel) and then I started to get this weird feeling like rhythmic kicking in the same spot on my belly for about 30 minutes. Was getting the movement every 30 seconds or so. It was a bit freaky but it looks like it was the baby hiccuping! Anyway, hubby had had a few glasses of wine and started to get really panicky. I was the one who looked it up (I suspected hiccups but I was concerned for a few minutes). Had to have a chat with him this morning about how he needs to calm down a bit about worrying about me and the baby. I need a calm birth partner! He said he would try and relax a bit. I know he has his reasons for worrying about something happening to me but still!

I can't take the normal pill either due to family history and the mini pill didn't agree with me. Tried diaphragm and hated it. Options are pretty limited aren't they? Not sure what we'll do.

Well night 3 in hospital coming up. I got all tearful when OH dropped me back just there (I escaped home for a few hours this afternoon which was great). I'd much rather be at home though. I know doc is just being cautious but really everything has been fine since midnight Fri night. So it feels a bit unnecessary to be in hospital but I'm not the doctor. Midwives have been lovely. But there's nothing like being at home.

Anyway, babies will be here Tuesday so not too long to wait. I'm just feeling tired, scared of the procedure and pain after, worrying about coping with twins and figuring out breastfeeding and missing home and my boyfriend :( this should be in the moan thread :) I know it's going to be amazing to have these two little people in our lives but right now it's just a bit overwhelming. Hormones!!!

Poor dear, do you have anything with you to distract you? Music, books? It's a shame he couldn't stay for longer and keep you company. It's just for one more day and night and soon you'll be home with your little family! In the big picture it's such a short period of time. At least you can post here (and presumably on facebook?). Is there wifi in the hospital? You could bring your laptop in and play dvds....

I've never taken artificial birth control myself, just used NFP where you chart your temperatures in the morning (they spike when you ovulate). It takes a while to learn, but I like the naturalness of it and the fact that it gets me in tune with my body. Plus while working in a pharmacy, SO MANY women had side effects from birth control, ranging from extreme weight gain, mood swings, acne outbreaks, even infertility over the long term, after hearing all those stories....I just didn't feel it was worth it for me. Besides, breastfeeding postpones fertility for a good few months after birth. My mother used it and had gaps between us of as long as 7 years and as short as 20 months. I want all my babies within a relatively short period of time- I'd like them to all grow up together. My oldest brother is 20 years older than my younger sister! They never really lived together...

Poor dear, do you have anything with you to distract you? Music, books? It's a shame he couldn't stay for longer and keep you company. It's just for one more day and night and soon you'll be home with your little family! In the big picture it's such a short period of time. At least you can post here (and presumably on facebook?). Is there wifi in the hospital? You could bring your laptop in and play dvds....

I've never taken artificial birth control myself, just used NFP where you chart your temperatures in the morning (they spike when you ovulate). It takes a while to learn, but I like the naturalness of it and the fact that it gets me in tune with my body. Plus while working in a pharmacy, SO MANY women had side effects from birth control, ranging from extreme weight gain, mood swings, acne outbreaks, even infertility over the long term, after hearing all those stories....I just didn't feel it was worth it for me. Besides, breastfeeding postpones fertility for a good few months after birth. My mother used it and had gaps between us of as long as 7 years and as short as 20 months. I want all my babies within a relatively short period of time- I'd like them to all grow up together. My oldest brother is 20 years older than my younger sister! They never really lived together...

I'm actually feeling better after my little rant :) no, OH has to work tonight but he's free tomorrow so can keep me company tomorrow night which will be great. I have tv, book etc. no wifi. I brought home my laptop after the shower gel incident. It's just too easy to get robbed.

Ya I don't like artificial birth control either. Took it very reluctantly and then made a decision to just stop because of side effects. I am going to try charting my cycle after babies and see how that goes. I'd like one more baby (if all goes ok) but not til twins are about 2.

Gosh 20 years is a big gap!! My nephew is 1.5 and his brother is 13 and it's really like the youngest is an only child at times...

Blueskye wrote: »
    I can't take the normal pill either due to family history and the mini pill didn't agree with me. Tried diaphragm and hated it. Options are pretty limited aren't they? Not sure what we'll do.

Well night 3 in hospital coming up. I got all tearful when OH dropped me back just there (I escaped home for a few hours this afternoon which was great). I'd much rather be at home though. I know doc is just being cautious but really everything has been fine since midnight Fri night. So it feels a bit unnecessary to be in hospital but I'm not the doctor. Midwives have been lovely. But there's nothing like being at home.

Anyway, babies will be here Tuesday so not too long to wait. I'm just feeling tired, scared of the procedure and pain after, worrying about coping with twins and figuring out breastfeeding and missing home and my boyfriend :( this should be in the moan thread :) I know it's going to be amazing to have these two little people in our lives but right now it's just a bit overwhelming. Hormones!!!
    Diaphragm is such a passion killer,have to wait 30mins b4 sex.

Awh dont be scared it will soon be over and wait will be worth it :D At least your boyfriend can stay tomorrow.

Thanks for telling us about the showergel incident just told OH he was disgusted. Whats the food like in the hospital?

I will see if i want anymore children, my house is so small. I guess 2- 3 years age gap will be ok. My SIL is pregnant 6 weeks now, And her eldest is 13.

Food is not great. Cold toast and cornflakes for breakfast. Turkey and ham at 12.00 for lunch today. That's too early for me. Yesterday was a beef thing with rice, spuds, well cooked turnip and broccoli :( healthy enough but so overcooked. dinner is salad I think. I've been allowed home in the day so have had lunch at home and brought in something for later on. I'll probably ask family to bring me in meals next week.

I am fussy though.

i can see me ordering pizza ( not something i would usually have ) but needs must if i was starving. That and lots of subway and fruit.

• Advertisement

Pizza sounds like a good idea!

I brought in some strawberries tonight and mum made me some roast chicken rolls and they were delicious :)

Advertisement