Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

An immense "Thank You" to a modern day Superman.

• 21-05-2012 7:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,976 ✭✭✭Brendog

I know this is a terrible way to start off the week but here we go.

I was out last night at a going away party for my friend who is going to America. Everyone was having a few drinks, having a laugh. Then most of my friends left because they were in work this morning so I said to this guy that I've known for a few years that I'd walk home with him as the pub isn't that far from our houses.

All was good until he jumped me. He punched me in the face and started kicking me while I was on the ground. It only stopped when a taxi driver ran over and dragged me into his car. He brought me home and wouldn't take the money I offered him. My eye is badly swollen and bloodshot but I can't help but think it would've been much worse.

I just want to say Thank you to this amazing guy. I don't know who you are but I would just like to say Thank You from the bottom of my heart and I wish there were more people like you in this country.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

You met The Citizen.:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,302 ✭✭✭splashthecash

U
    Brendog wrote: »

I was out last night at a going away party for my friend who is going to America. Everyone was having a few drinks, having a laugh. Then most of my friends left because they were in work this morning so I said to this guy that I've known for a few years that I'd walk home with him as the pub isn't that far from our houses.

All was good until he jumped me. He punched me in the face and started kicking me while I was on the ground. It only stopped when a taxi driver ran over and dragged me into his car. He brought me home and wouldn't take the money I offered him. My eye is badly swollen and bloodshot but I can't help but think it would've been much worse.

I just want to say Thank you to this amazing guy. I don't know who you are but I would just like to say Thank You from the bottom of my heart and I wish there were more people like you in this country.

Awful story OP - glad to hear you are alright but can I ask what the f**k made this guy you know a few years jump you?? That sounds crazy!!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,647 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

Good on the taxi driver a lot of people would have kept going as sometimes if it is a domestic the 2 can turn on you. Why did this guy who you knew for years go beserk. Are you going to report it or confront him (not on your own obviously)?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 717 ✭✭✭rubberdiddies

Awful story OP - glad to hear you are alright but can I ask what the f**k made this guy you know a few years jump you?? That sounds crazy!!

Hopefully he'll have enough time in prison to think about what he's done

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

WTF? What kind of freak was this guy? Hope you reported him and get his ass behind bars for 10+ years.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,688 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

Go to the police ASAP.

Thanks for a story that shows there are good people out there....

Unfortunately it also shows there are bad people out there :(

I'm glad you're ok OP - but surely you've gone to the police and give a statement before coming into AH to post a thread? You know this guy who attacked you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,298 ✭✭✭Duggys Housemate

Bit odd, this story

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

OP, maybe he thought you were going to give him a bit of teh ghey when you offered to walk him home?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭Spunge

Guy youve known for a few years randomly starts kicking the **** out of you. What the fúck

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

sounds like there's a vital chunk of the story missing.
    someone you've known for years doesnt just randomly start beating the **** out of you, even if they've been drinking

• Registered Users Posts: 2,959 ✭✭✭Jesus Shaves

WTF? What kind of freak was this guy? Hope you reported him and get his ass behind bars for 10+ years.

What planet are you on? he'd be lucky to get any time behind bars

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭du Maurier

I suppose he's not invited to your 21st in July now?

Jesus OP, glad you're alright. What a nutcase.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭demanufactured

OP you dropped the hand didnt you...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

Jesus, with friends like that....

• Registered Users Posts: 43,017 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

I hope you are planning a swift and brutal revenge

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Jeez, what did you do to deserve that? Shag his woman? Eat his last Jaffa Cake?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,813 ✭✭✭themadchef

Spunge wrote: »
    Guy youve known for a few years randomly starts kicking the **** out of you. What the fúck

De fúck is right!

You touched his pee pee or you laid his woman. Come on, you can tell us, even if it's only in yer mans head ;). Hypothetical will do us...It's monday, have a heart!

Robbing him wouldint make him wanna hurt you so bad.

Fair play to the taxi driver.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,637 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Yeah seems a bit odd to be honest.

Not once in all my years of drinking has one of my mates decided to start a fight with me for no reason

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 586 ✭✭✭Mickey Dazzler

Did you try to touch his penis? did you? I bet you did you dirty little fecker.

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭DaveDaRave

either the guy is an actual psychopath or OP isnt mentioning something

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Some people shouldn't be allowed drink, they go from timid, sober people into psycho cunts when they get a few bottles of 'confidence' into them!

Where are all the happy drunks these days? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭NiallFH

Superman didn't drive a taxi. This story was a let down. The guy didnt even have x ray vision for all you have told us...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

Brendog wrote: »

Report this to the gardai immediately. Go to the doctor to get the damage checked out. Take arnica to help with the bruising. Stay away from psychos that can't handle their ale.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,652 ✭✭✭I am pie

I'm joining in the cries of shenanigans. You did something to set off the lunatic didn't ya OP ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,915 ✭✭✭cursai

Brendog. Are you SURE this guy is your friend?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

cursai wrote: »
    Brendog. Are you SURE this guy is your friend?

I would say after last night's events that's a negative tbh!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 750 ✭✭✭Mr.Biscuits

Bit odd, this story

Not as odd as talking like Yoda at half eight in the morning.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Hope you reported him and get his ass behind bars for 10+ years.

Ten years for assault?

You don't know Ireland ;)

Advertisement