Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for recruits

• 06-02-2012 7:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭

MODS,
    My team is currently looking for new recruits and I would like permission to post a link to our online application?
    Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,131 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

Where do I sign up?

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭darrcow

sign me up

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

I think there is a selection process.

What groups have done in the past ghosthunter, is to state their name and that they are looking for new members and then link to their site.

Best

• Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭ghosthunter73

Thanks,
    I am from The Paranormal Research Association of Ireland if anyone is interested here is the link to apply online. We are looking for people on the East and West coast of Ireland. Please only serious applications please:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,126 ✭✭✭screamer

Having been on a paranormal investigation recently, it really was interesting, how often would one need to be available to go investigating ghosthunter?

• Advertisement

I take the stand that this is a hobby for us.... we are serious about it but obvious if your available great if not your not. Some of us are more active than others. I couldnt say I'd need everyone every weekend its as cases come in and depending on your location.
    Last there's no harm in filling out the application if at anytime you decide it's not for you we shake hands and go our ways no big deal.

screamer wrote: »
    Having been on a paranormal investigation recently, it really was interesting, how often would one need to be available to go investigating ghosthunter?

Can I ask which group you went out with?

Sure, it was with Irish Ghost Hunters, and with no medium mumbo jumbo, I really enjoyed it, I experienced nothing that I couldn't justify rationally to myself, so nothing paranormal, but I guess it's something that I never knew I'd be so intrigued and interested in.

Sure, it was with Irish Ghost Hunters, and with no medium mumbo jumbo, I really enjoyed it, I experienced nothing that I couldn't justify rationally to myself, so nothing paranormal, but I guess it's something that I never knew I'd be so intrigued and interested in.

And he's hooked!!! well if your interested send in an application glad you enjoyed yourself

I have been asked to remove the link to the online application which is fine with me. Keeping it fair for everyone here.
    Just to make a few things clear there is no money changing hands here in any way shape or form this is for positions within a valunteer Paranormal Group.

If anyone is interested just PM me and I'd be happy to forward the link to you.

• Advertisement

She actually, everyone thinks I'm a dude on this board..... sheesh, anyhoo, PM sent ghosthunter.

She actually, everyone thinks I'm a dude on this board..... sheesh, anyhoo, PM sent ghosthunter.

my mistake sorry

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Paramad

Thanks,
    I am from The Paranormal Research Association of Ireland if anyone is interested here is the link to apply online. We are looking for people on the East and West coast of Ireland. Please only serious applications please:

Lol

Paramad wrote: »
    Lol

Not sure how this is funny?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,643 ✭✭✭storker

Not sure how this is funny?

Perhaps the poster thinks "paranormal research" and "serious" don't belong in the same sentence. If I'm right, then I guess he never bothered to look at your website. You guys seem quite serious to me, and the no mediums policy drives that point home, I think.

I suspect he was just assuming that you're doing "Most Haunted" without cameras. "Most Haunted" is, from what I've seen of it, a suitable target for derision. :)

Stork

storker wrote: »
    Perhaps the poster thinks "paranormal research" and "serious" don't belong in the same sentence. If I'm right, then I guess he never bothered to look at your website. You guys seem quite serious to me, and the no mediums policy drives that point home, I think.

I suspect he was just assuming that you're doing "Most Haunted" without cameras. "Most Haunted" is, from what I've seen of it, a suitable target for derision. :)

Stork

Ok I see your point alright over the past 5-6 years there has been soo many groups popping up all over the place and some I would agree are nothing short of MH without cameras ( that actually was quite funny) The thing is my group has been quite inactive for a while and we are trying to re-vamp everything and gets things back on track.
    Strickly personally- I have never met a medium who could impress me not to say they arent out there we just chose a more logical approach

No i just wouldn't take some of your members seriously , but hey i'm sure your grand :)

No i just wouldn't take some of your members seriously , but hey i'm sure your grand :)

Ok fair enough

• Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭MrMojoRisin

Lol

Paramad - Please have some respect for Ghosthunter73. If you have nothing positive or constructive to add to this thread, then say nothing at all.

Paramad - Please have some respect for Ghosthunter73. If you have nothing positive or constructive to add to this thread, then say nothing at all.

I am entitled to give my opinion on a matter , i made no doragatory comments , simply said i wouldn't take some of his team members from old seriously is all. Even in this nanny state we now live in i'm sure that's not illegal is it :)

• Advertisement

I am entitled to give my opinion on a matter , i made no doragatory comments , simply said i wouldn't take some of his team members from old seriously is all. Even in this nanny state we now live in i'm sure that's not illegal is it :)

You typed the acronym "lol" in response to ghosthunter73's post (which, thankfully, did manage to exceed three letters).

What use is a lonely "lol" here? Is your pool of vocabulary that barren at the moment?

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Paramad, Im going to chime in here. You are bringing up something that seems to be between you and members of a paranormal group into this thread. It has no place here. You are also arguing with a mod instruction in thread. You can not simply post what you want here, please stick with the rules and mod instructions.

I just want to say I was merely looking to recruit a few people and I know alot of people visit this forum. My intent was never to start any trouble here. I have been posting here on and off for a few years now and have found most discussions fair and heated at times but never personal.
    Why this person brings up personal feelings regarding memebers or past members of my team really does not bother me but I do understand the position of the MODS and I will abide by the rules of this forum.
    There is no reason to bring up opinions upon a group as I was only looking for new recruits. I have recieved a few applications through this forum and I am greatful.
    I wish all who visit here well in their individual endevours and I will contine to visit in the future.

I just want to say I was merely looking to recruit a few people and I know alot of people visit this forum. My intent was never to start any trouble here. I have been posting here on and off for a few years now and have found most discussions fair and heated at times but never personal.
    Why this person brings up personal feelings regarding memebers or past members of my team really does not bother me but I do understand the position of the MODS and I will abide by the rules of this forum.
    There is no reason to bring up opinions upon a group as I was only looking for new recruits. I have recieved a few applications through this forum and I am greatful.
    I wish all who visit here well in their individual endevours and I will contine to visit in the future.

You don't have any reason to be apologetic. It was clear to me you weren't intending to cause any trouble from the outset.

Whatever capacity in which Paramad seems to know you and/or your group, well, Paramad should have addressed you privately about whatever grievances he/she has instead of derailing the thread.

Unfortunately, trolls rear their ugly heads around here from time to time. :) Let us know if your group discovers anything particularly interesting during the course of your research. We love a good story here. Best of luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭deelite

MODS,
    My team is currently looking for new recruits and I would like permission to post a link to our online application?
    Cheers

Is there an upper age limit?

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭leddpipe

I have direct experience with this group and have always found them to be informed and friendly. this is meant not by means of a defense from the other poster, just a personal testimony :)

deelite wrote: »
    Is there an upper age limit?
    No just a min age of 20 based on issues with new recruits we have had previously.

You don't have any reason to be apologetic. It was clear to me you weren't intending to cause any trouble from the outset.

Whatever capacity in which Paramad seems to know you and/or your group, well, Paramad should have addressed you privately about whatever grievances he/she has instead of derailing the thread.

Unfortunately, trolls rear their ugly heads around here from time to time. :) Let us know if your group discovers anything particularly interesting during the course of your research. We love a good story here. Best of luck.

No problem of course anything we can put out that is not confidential we will pass on

Just an update,
    we have recieved i believe 14 applications with the help of forums like this so thank you.
    We will never claim to be "experts" in this field we are just a bunch of like minded people interested in the subject of paranormal. We aim to help people or atleast point them in the right direction.
    I know there has been discussions on if a team can actually help clients and from our experience the answer is yes atleast most of the time. There are a few cases we are still loking for answers but at the end of the day if you help one family sleep through the night is it not worth it?

I stopped coming here for a while because everytime i posted something there were people shooting down opinions and making personal comments I can see the MODS are on top of things and I hope to contribute in any way I can.
    Rant over :D

• Advertisement

Good job. Its a good team to join, best of luck to the recruits.

Advertisement