Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Argos Chat Thread #1

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,532 ✭✭✭A2LUE42

Measurements on the Argos site are.

Size H26.7, W34.3, D6.4cm.

That photo must be for a bigger model, or it is a very small child.

the link you posted says - Available in November 2014 exclusively at Walmart stores and Walmart.com, the massive Star Wars Hero Series Millennium Falcon (approximate retail price of $59.99) measures over two-feet-long, and features a rotating radar dish and moving cannon.

• Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭kendragon

A2LUE42 wrote: »
    Measurements on the Argos site are.

Size H26.7, W34.3, D6.4cm.

That photo must be for a bigger model, or it is a very small child.

the link you posted says - Available in November 2014 exclusively at Walmart stores and Walmart.com, the massive Star Wars Hero Series Millennium Falcon (approximate retail price of $59.99) measures over two-feet-long, and features a rotating radar dish and moving cannon.

Text from Argos link says

''Take your Star Wars adventures to a whole new level with this incredibly detailed Millennium Falcon vehicle! The many features of this realistic, 2½-foot-long vehicle let you re-enact the most amazing scenes from the Star Wars Rebels series - and then create brand new ones!''

Those other dimensions must be incorrect.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,390 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

kendragon wrote: »
    Text from Argos link says

''Take your Star Wars adventures to a whole new level with this incredibly detailed Millennium Falcon vehicle! The many features of this realistic, 2½-foot-long vehicle let you re-enact the most amazing scenes from the Star Wars Rebels series - and then create brand new ones!''

Those other dimensions must be incorrect.

Or could the measurements be the size of the box you get from argos with the item packed inside it?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Reserved the Falcon in Wexford,got an email to say I reserved it but no reservation number or no text either.Never had this happen before,on the site it told me it was available for pick up on the 25th.
    Do I have one reserved or not? CheckArgos says it's out of stock now.:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

zerks wrote: »
    Reserved the Falcon in Wexford,got an email to say I reserved it but no reservation number or no text either.Never had this happen before,on the site it told me it was available for pick up on the 25th.

Ya thats happened me before. It's not reserved if theres no number. Sometimes the site gives an option to reserve it but in fact this option has never been there and it is the site not updating.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 64 ✭✭peteroregan

That happened me only three weeks ago. I went to customer service with the email and the product number and my name and she found it reserved on her system so don't give up hope.

That happened me only three weeks ago. I went to customer service with the email and the product number and my name and she found it reserved on her system so don't give up hope.

Cheers,I fired off an email to customer services & await a reply.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 64 ✭✭peteroregan

Cheers,I fired off an email to customer services & await a reply.

I actually went to the customer service desk in store but hopefully you'll get the same results.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 thelynchs

Picked mine up today. It's big.....really big. Should create some excitement with the youngest Lads it looks awesome to be fair. happy daddy !

thelynchs wrote: »
    Picked mine up today. It's big.....really big. Should create some excitement with the youngest Lads it looks awesome to be fair. happy daddy !

Did you manage to get a reservation code,I'm heading into Argos tomorrow as I also reserved one of the giant Darth Vader figures.(The young lad is gonna need a giant stocking for Xmas)

• Advertisement

Did you manage to get a reservation code,I'm heading into Argos tomorrow as I also reserved one of the giant Darth Vader figures.(The young lad is gonna need a giant stocking for Xmas)

Just ordered it on the argos site..no stock but they sent me a message 2 days later saying it was available for collection.......might just jump over to the dark side for one of those Massive Darth Vaders too......

thelynchs wrote: »
    Just ordered it on the argos site..no stock but they sent me a message 2 days later saying it was available for collection.......might just jump over to the dark side for one of those Massive Darth Vaders too......

Eventually got a reply from Argos saying that they are discontinued,odd considering somebody posted that they are only new out (it actually says it on Argos' site)

Calling into store later anyway so I'll ask them there.

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭magicEye

Fisher-Price Cruise and Groove Ballapalooza. 915/5073 Less Than Half Price
    €47.49 was €139.99

http://www.argos.ie/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?storeId=10152&catalogId=14551&langId=111&productId=463586

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

magicEye wrote: »
    €47.49 was €139.99

http://www.argos.ie/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?storeId=10152&catalogId=14551&langId=111&productId=463586

It's been that price for months now

Eventually got a reply from Argos saying that they are discontinued,odd considering somebody posted that they are only new out (it actually says it on Argos' site)

Calling into store later anyway so I'll ask them there.

Called in,no Millenium Falcon but picked up Vader - he's a big fecker.

Called in,no Millenium Falcon but picked up Vader - he's a big fecker.

Ah crap, thought you'd get one. I just checked here for one....no joy. Can't wait to see vader, reserved one earlier !

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭Thewife

I have a reservation for the millennium falcon for waterford if anyone wants it ...

Thewife wrote: »
    I have a reservation for the millennium falcon for waterford if anyone wants it ...

I'd take it but won't get a chance to collect.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 18,876 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

If you're in Dublin I'd gladly take it off you :)

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭irishbloke77

If you still have it for waterford, I would love it. Have family there who can collect it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭daytob

magicEye wrote: »
    €47.49 was €139.99

think this was 25 in tesco clearwater last week, ill check when i go to the attic

• Registered Users Posts: 626 ✭✭✭shardylan

Anyone looking for Darth vader they have 4 left for reservation in blanch

Also have a few around the country

http://www.checkargos.com/StockCheckPage.php?productId=9149735

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭mydogjack

Hi I would love the waterford code please

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭aidole

Hi
    I just checked for the millennium falcon and there was one in Dun Laoighre so I reserved it, if anyone would like the code please let me know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

Sennheiser CX475 Premium Ear Canal Headphones - Black

now €26.49, was €51.99

Plenty of stock around too. Checkargos.

Bought these the last time they were reduced and I am very happy with them. Had been through numerous pairs of cheap earphones but these are still going strong and have very good sound.

aidole wrote: »
    Hi
    I just checked for the millennium falcon and there was one in Dun Laoighre so I reserved it, if anyone would like the code please let me know.

Another available there,out of stock everywhere else.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,145 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Fresh Pots wrote: »
    Sennheiser CX475 Premium Ear Canal Headphones - Black

now €26.49, was €51.99

Plenty of stock around too. Checkargos.

Bought these the last time they were reduced and I am very happy with them. Had been through numerous pairs of cheap earphones but these are still going strong and have very good sound.

Good stuff. Got these last time out and was so impressed I spent full whack on a replacement pair when I broke my others.

Gonna grab some of these tomorrow to use as spares. Great earphones!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭flyguy

Posted this elsewhere but might as well add it here:
    Some deals in argos (possibly pricing error, be quick?)
    Ipad air 32gb (€389 instead of €459)
    http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/1385133/Trail/searchtext%3EIPAD+AIR.htm
    iPad mini 2 16gb (€279 instead of €309)
    http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/1424647/Trail/searchtext%3EIPAD+MINI+2.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭mac1961

flyguy wrote: »
    Posted this elsewhere but might as well add it here:
    Some deals in argos (possibly pricing error, be quick?)
    Ipad air 32gb (€389 instead of €459)
    http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/1385133/Trail/searchtext%3EIPAD+AIR.htm
    iPad mini 2 16gb (€279 instead of €309)
    http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/1424647/Trail/searchtext%3EIPAD+MINI+2.htm

That deal was posted last week thanks anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭flyguy

whoops sorry, don't follow this thread so I didn't see that...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement