Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The Walking Dead

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

/\/ollog wrote: »
    Took me around 2 hours too, the choices are timed though, so you have only a small amount of time to think as you make choices.
    It would be longer, but not as good a game if they didn't have the timer.

Silence/making no choice is an option sometimes too!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,480 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Well Walking Dead mad it's appearance at E3 last night. You can see an interview and vid below but I don't watch a second of what might happen in ep 2.

I can't find a release date though? Anyone here anything?

EDIT: After some looking around, looks like the release date wasn't announced. At least people are letting Telltale know how they feel on twitter. Really not good enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,317 ✭✭✭HigginsJ

Jst downladed software ver. 1.01 (17mb), part of it is to do with trophy carryover from episodes. Hopefully finished touches for the next episode this week

In work so cant put up link but Telltale's facebook update today

"we are about to submit to Microsoft & Sony and if everything goes well, episode 2 will be available before the end of the month"

:mad: sigh :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭Local-womanizer

Played and finished episode 1 today, absolutely brilliant.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

HigginsJ wrote: »
    In work so cant put up link but Telltale's facebook update today

"we are about to submit to Microsoft & Sony and if everything goes well, episode 2 will be available before the end of the month"

:mad: sigh :mad:

ffs end of the meaning 27th for xbox, I'll buy this one but if they are as late with part 3 they can kiss my coin good bye :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭TinCool

End of the month ? ... feck. Least I have MP3 to make my way through in the mean time.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Finished it today , really enjoyed it :D

They did a great job.....I'm actually considering playing "Back to the Future" now,
    I bought that when it came out, and didn't make it past the first episode...got bored...(and BTTF is my 3rd fave film ever ! )

• Registered Users Posts: 5,532 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

The main word in that tweet is IF ... There not saying it will be out by the end of the month... Absolutely ridiculous if they don't include something free for us Season Pass buyers they will never be getting my money again..

The main word in that tweet is IF ... There not saying it will be out by the end of the month... Absolutely ridiculous if they don't include something free for us Season Pass buyers they will never be getting my money again..

I mean the fact that they had that trailer at the end of the 1sr one and all I assumed everything was good to go, all of the later eps were named and that all they needed was finishing touches if anything, yet here we are two months later and they are spouting "ifs" :mad:

Way to ruin any momentum this game had TellTale :mad: :mad: :mad:

Simple fact here is they released the 1st game too early to cover the cost of making the rest imo ( in my suspicious opinion lol )

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭Corkfeen

We'll surely see the next episode at some point next week. Bit of an annoying wait but rather interested to see where it goes....

Corkfeen wrote: »
    We'll surely see the next episode at some point next week. Bit of an annoying wait but rather interested to see where it goes....

Live in hope,die in despair

I forgot what I even did in the first episode. Anyone know if you can bring up thst recap and stats screen you get at the the end of the episide

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭Corkfeen

sheehy83 wrote: »
    I forgot what I even did in the first episode. Anyone know if you can bring up thst recap and stats screen you get at the the end of the episide

There is supposed to be a 'Previously on The Walking Dead' scene at the opening of the episode. I'll be honest, i've started to forget the character's names at this point. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭kessler182

Bought and finished episode 1 today, epic is all I can say. Can't wait for the next one.

So how many of you are expecting it to be out on Wednesday? Personally I can't see it happen and if it is not out Tell Tale Games can kiss my money goodbye... By now we should be approaching the launch of the 3rd Episode not awaiting confirmation of when the 2nd Episode is out...

If it goes to July then Tell tale are taking the piss. They are releasing vids on facebok about the behind the scenes and different interviews but all the comments are 'where the f*ck is episode 2!!'. and rightly so. We at least deserve some response even if it is delayed further. I paid for the season pass to get an episode every month!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,055 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I'm so glad i've not played the 1st episode yet. With these waits, i think i'll wait till they are all released.

sheehy83 wrote: »
    If it goes to July then Tell tale are taking the piss. They are releasing vids on facebok about the behind the scenes and different interviews but all the comments are 'where the f*ck is episode 2!!'. and rightly so. We at least deserve some response even if it is delayed further. I paid for the season pass to get an episode every month!

If they delay it again, surely they will give us some extras to go along with season pass owners anyways.. Does anyone else think they could throw in Back to the Future for us to play?.. Maybe it will keep us happy untill the launch of new episodes?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭danthefan

What sort of game is this, survival horror?

• Advertisement

danthefan wrote: »

Hmmmmm with a dollop of point and click too I'd say, after playing it again I feel myself wanting to say this would have been better played on a tablet as opposed to my xbox :confused:

Mad comments from peopple on the facebook page and one of them pointed t the link below on the official forums where one of the mods gives an email address to write to if you want a refund for your season pass.

http://www.telltalegames.com/forums/showthread.php?t=30449&page=2

I don't want a refund as I'd still buy the episodes when they come out, but it's looking dodgy for a Wednesday release. Unless they are going to release episode 2 and 3 together.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

danthefan wrote: »

It's not really a game imo. It's more of an interactive movie with some point and clicking puzzle solving (but plain and simple puzzles) but based on ep1 it's def worth a look. It's very very good.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,406 ✭✭✭Nollog

Ah the joys of episodic games.

They shouldn't have given you a timeline at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,794 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

/\/ollog wrote: »
    Ah the joys of episodic games.

They shouldn't have given you a timeline at all.

Yep. We'll have Half Life Episode 3 any minute now...

But I'm waiting for the whole thing to be released before I get it, so at this rate I'll have plenty of time to kill.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

I have to say this delay is quite disappointing, and now that Calex has put it down in words, it strikes me that this would have worked better on a tablet.

That being said, I still really enjoyed the first episode, and will almost certainly buy the second episode when it eventually comes out.

If I got refund would they deactivate episode 1? If not everyone should get refund and rebuy them as they come?

No point in getting a refund, for me anyway, as you get one episode free. Would cost me more t get a refund and buy them seperately.

How are my balls feeling Telltale?? :D

Speaking of telltale and going off topic, I'm looking to get CSI Fatal Conspiracy for PS3 but can't find it anywhere, anyone play it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Eggy Baby!

Really like this song from the game:

:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭James Howlett

This week's xbla release schedule from 360achievements.org suggests that we won't be seeing episode two this week either:
    http://www.xbox360achievements.org/news/news-12133-This-Week-and-Next-Week-on-Xbox-Live.html

Advertisement