Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Good Drink Bargain Alerts!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Azza89

fret_wimp2 wrote: »
    Bushmills 16 for 64 euro in O'Briens, 10 quid cheaper than most other places. Crested ten down to 26 quid also. was 23 in tesco last week but still not a bad deal

They also have the Bushmills 21 year old for €100, next nearest price is €135 i think. Its worth it though, great whiskey for anyone that wants to put that kinda money down for a bottle.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,552 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Got a bottle of Black Barrel for 40 in Tesco. With an Aldi voucher from the paper I got 10 off 50 - I did have other stuff to buy so I'll consider 80% of that to be off the whiskey so it was 32.

Worth a punt at that cost... only on til the end of the weekend and it was 38 a few days ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,152 ✭✭✭limnam

Tap 7 in Tesco 4 for 8e.

• Registered Users Posts: 648 ✭✭✭Pompous

Jim Beam 70cl for €20 in Supervalu, Pavillions, Swords

I'm unsure if the same deal applies to all Supervalu stores

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭janiejones

My local Tesco (Douglas, cork) has a few drinks 4 for 9. Youngs double chocolate stout is one, it's a personal favourite bit they don't have it in stock. Annoying.

Le fevre cider and wells banana bread beer are on it too

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,341 ✭✭✭D Trent

B\hol and all that jazz I just got 24 Budweiser cans for €26 I also got use an Aldi €10 off voucher for this transaction in Tesco

Same offer on Heineken and Carlsberg and at least one other I can't remember.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭slayerking

Hole in the wall on Blackhorse Avenue has 4 packs of the large (473ml) Sierra Nevada Pale Ale cans for 10 euro, 4 packs of large Torpedo for 12.
    Decent deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭Curb Your Enthusiasm

Absolut 70cl is €19.99 at O' Briens.

https://www.obrienswine.ie/spirits/spirits/vodka/absolut-70cl.html

€28+ in Tesco and other stores.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭Trond

Super Bock €6.99 for 6 bottles in Aldi. Cracking price for a good lager

• Registered Users Posts: 12,957 ✭✭✭✭bnt

The Asia Market on Drury St. has 6 bottles of Chang beer (from Thailand) for €5. This may be stretching the definition of "good drink" a bit, however, the stuff is legendary for causing changovers. :p

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

• Advertisement

Dunnes are doing 4 bottles of the West Indies Guinness for €9

• Registered Users Posts: 13,051 ✭✭✭✭Geuze

O'Briens have Guinness FES at 2.09, just a regular price, not a special offer.

Compared to 2.50-2.60 in Tesco/ DS.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,065 ✭✭✭crazygeryy

Colgans wheat beer is on offer in tesco. It was 8 Euro for 4 bottles,now 4 euros for 4 bottles. Half price i believe.

• Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭laros

O'Briens in Athlone have 24 cans (330 ml) of Blacks Kinsale Pale for €40... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭penev10

Drinkstore are doing 6 bottles of Left Hand Brewing Nitro Stout for a tenner! short BB date, end Oct.

In store only not online.

penev10 wrote: »
    Drinkstore are doing 6 bottles of Left Hand Brewing Nitro Stout for a tenner! short BB date, end Oct.

Now that is a bargain! Did they have much stock?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,215 ✭✭✭jh79

Teelings Single Malt €44.99 in O'Briens Galway, i'd imagine it's nationwide too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭penev10

Trond wrote: »
    Now that is a bargain! Did they have much stock?

Loads. I thought they'd be walking out the door at that price but they said they hadn't started shifting yet.

Loads. I thought they'd be walking out the door at that price but they said they hadn't started shifting yet.

We'll see about that later on :D

on my bike though :mad: my poor back!!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,552 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

jh79 wrote: »
    Teelings Single Malt €44.99 in O'Briens Galway, i'd imagine it's nationwide too.

This is probably a question for another thread more - but is it worth that? If it is, I'll grab a bottle. I had a sample of the grain in the Airport a fair while ago (believe it was the younger brother that served me, at that) and found it pretty rough.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 648 ✭✭✭Pompous

L1011 wrote: »
    This is probably a question for another thread more - but is it worth that? If it is, I'll grab a bottle. I had a sample of the grain in the Airport a fair while ago (believe it was the younger brother that served me, at that) and found it pretty rough.

It usually costs €50+ so this is a somewhat discounted price. It can be a bit 'rough', as you say, but some people like that. In my opinion it's all about the flavour at the end of the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭fret_wimp2

L1011 wrote: »

Personally I wouldnt spend my money on it. Many better options for the same money or for a tenner more tons of infinitely better options.

less money: bushmills, black bush, standard jameson ( i know they are not single malt but they are all nicer whiskeys).

same money - connemara peated, jameson black barrel, bushmills 10

for 10 quid more: Arran 14 malt for a start but there are perhaps 50+ single malts in the 55 quid category in the Celtic whiskey shop that are 10 times the whiskey that Teeling is.
    Green spot is down to 55 quid in Obriens this month and is just outstanding.

Thats a few super common whiskeys that i have tried, im sure a seasoned whiskey drinker could list tons more.

That's what I wanted to hear (or something similarly detailed on the opposing side, I guess). There is a bit of hype around it which is probably driving the price.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭Custardpi

I got a present of the Teeling Single Malt a few months ago & really liked it, as did the couple of people I shared it with. It's not a smooth whiskey exactly but I certainly didn't find it overly rough & had no problem drinking & enjoying it. That said, I don't think I'd have paid €50 for it myself. Even at €45 it's probably still overpriced.

Thanks again for that, picked up 18 of them for €30. Serious value :)

Dont think they had many left after that...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,140 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Anyone seen any good deals on slabs of lager in Galway? Need drink for electric picnic

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 6,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭dregin

MadYaker wrote: »
    Anyone seen any good deals on slabs of lager in Galway? Need drink for electric picnic
    Possibly too late if you're going to EP, but this thread might suit ya better http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057168220&page=31

• Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭G rock

Leann follain, €1.58 a bottle in tesco monaghan. Bargain

• Registered Users Posts: 3,371 ✭✭✭Ryath

laros wrote: »
    O'Briens in Athlone have 24 cans (330 ml) of Blacks Kinsale Pale for €40... :)

Thanks got a slab may get another.
    G rock wrote: »
    Leann follain, €1.58 a bottle in tesco monaghan. Bargain

Disappointed it wasn't discounted in Tesco Mullingar but Scheiderweiss Tap 7 at €1.63 a bottle more than made up for it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭Ruben Remus

Revisionist Dark IPA - €2

Fuller's Honey Dew - €1.40

Schneider Weisse Tap 7 - €1.63

all spotted in Tesco Athlone today.

Advertisement