Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Heartgold for DS

Options
  • 23-12-2014 2:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭

My favourite one. Anyone still playing it or battling in it?
    I thought that was all ended when the GTS wifi thing got shut down. So any hg players?

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

You can still battle locally with people, but yeah the online is gone. I still have my copy, break it out from time to time to replay it though. I think for my last playthrough of it I started with a team of Turtwig, Cyndaquil, Gible, and Larvitar.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭pmasterson95

Angron wrote: »
    You can still battle locally with people, but yeah the online is gone. I still have my copy, break it out from time to time to replay it though. I think for my last playthrough of it I started with a team of Turtwig, Cyndaquil, Gible, and Larvitar.
    Excuse my illiteracy but what is locally exactly? Is that using "friend codes" like is it still possible for me to play/trade with you on hg or not?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I mean you can do it with two DS and playing over the local wireless on the DS. Basically, if two people are in a room together they can trade and battle, but there's no longer an online function for the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Is there any sort of non-approved 3rd party server you can use for trading? I know way back there was a black market GTS that let you create your own 'mon via a web page and send them to your game. Required some DNS jiggery and also pokery. Not sure how viable it would be, I imagine there's a lot more traffic involved in a 2 way trade, all of which is encrypted. But still, Pokemaniacs tend to be dogged, determined and quite often sitting in front a PC working on code, so it's not impossible...

It's certainly possible, but I wouldn't know of any myself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭pmasterson95

Damn soo close to finishing my HG pokedex.....oh well

Advertisement