Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Will I go to prison? Would I get deported?

Options
  • 21-04-2014 2:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 30

So I got shop lifting in tesco today. The Garda was called and I got evicted I got a court date. The amount was 77 euro in total.
    This is my first time in court. Will I get sent to prison? I'm 20 will it be in my records for ever now
    I'm not Irish will I get sent home? I had a previous warning for something else. Trying to use a ATM card that's wasn't mine but no money taken.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭pcbscott

sadly you will probably get a slap on the wrists - perhaps you should try not being such a scumbag?

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Newgirl19

pcbscott wrote: »
    sadly you will probably get a slap on the wrists - perhaps you should try not being such a scumbag?

But will I go to prison? Or be deported?

I learn my lesson

• Registered Users Posts: 3,236 ✭✭✭Dr. Kenneth Noisewater

Where are you from?

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭Atlantis50

Hopefully.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭ElChe32

5 years hard labour in the gulag in Tubbercurry I'd say.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Sparks43

Prison nope

Unless you stole garlic and called them apple's

Then you get six and a half years

Sparks43 wrote: »
    Prison nope

????

• Registered Users Posts: 6,654 ✭✭✭brian_t

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭jacksie66

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭MrWard

Newgirl19 wrote: »
    So I got shop lifting in tesco today. The Garda was called and I got evicted I got a court date. The amount was 77 euro in total.
    This is my first time in court. Will I get sent to prison? I'm 20 will it be in my records for ever now
    I'm not Irish will I get sent home? I had a previous warning for something else. Trying to use a ATM card that's wasn't mine but no money taken.

Hopefully you get deported and barred from reentering the EU. We have enough tramps, ta. Trying to use someone else's atm card. Scum.

In all likelihood you will get a small fine and be an attendant of Shatters next 'New Irish Shindig'.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,428 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

MrWard wrote: »
    Hopefully you get deported and barred from reentering the EU. We have enough tramps, ta.

How do you know she's not from the EU?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭Frynge

Blay wrote: »

Don't think you can be deported to the eu, extradited yes, deported not sure.

I'm sensing troll but then again you are clearly a criminal so it is possible that you are actually just this stupid.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭MrWard

Blay wrote: »

You're probably right, she is likely an EU citizen. So deportation would be meaningless. Remember the Lithuanian lad that was shot in Rathcoole business park? He was deported a few weeks previous.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭cruais

I bet you if this was in your native country, you would have strongly thought twice before you robbed. The problem in Ireland is that people have absolutely no fear of the justice system.

Maybe you should have thought of the consequences of your actions before you committed the crimes. Go earn an honest living, instead of robbing from the people who do.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Hootanany

Has to be a wind up

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭Santa Cruz

Sparks43 wrote: »
    Prison nope

Call it what it was, massive tax fraud. The next time you look at your tax bill and wonder why you pay so much think of Mr Tax Evader

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭Santa Cruz

Caught twice, one for shoplifting and the other for ATM fraud. Unless you are a very stupid criminal the odds are that you have got away a lot of times.
    Plane for Mr. Fraudster please.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,087 ✭✭✭Pro Hoc Vice

Frynge wrote: »
    Don't think you can be deported to the eu, extradited yes, deported not sure.

I'm sensing troll but then again you are clearly a criminal so it is possible that you are actually just this stupid.

Yes you can. It's called an expulsion order. But could not be used in the OP's case.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,537 ✭✭✭Arthur Beesley

Probably best to leave the country right now and never come back, just in case.

Yes you can. It's called an expulsion order. But could not be used in the OP's case.

What's OP?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 13,381 Mod ✭✭✭✭Paulw

What's OP?

OP = Original Poster = YOU.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,087 ✭✭✭Pro Hoc Vice

What's OP?

Original Poster.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 Sam Jam

What's OP?

You are the OP.

OP = opening poster. i.e. the thread starter.

Guts for your honesty but the fact is you're now a criminal. If you're being honest about this being your first offense I would say that you'll get a fine and maybe community service. I'm not sure really, I could be wrong about that. Likelihood is that you will not be deported.

That said please mend your ways. Keep better company and give up silly expensive habits.

You're better than that. You're young with all your life ahead of you. Don't mess up your life now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭GerB40

I agree with most of the posters here. We've enough problems with native criminals, there's no desire for imported ones too. If you're story is genuine I personally hope you get fúcked out of the country never to return. Ireland must seem like a haven for non national criminals...

P.S It's people like you who give honest, hard working non nationals a bad name. For that, you should be ashamed.

P.P.S You don't deserve the luxury of Irish prisons..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,537 ✭✭✭Arthur Beesley

Paulw wrote: »
    OP = Original Poster = YOU.

OP = Original Poster = YOU == criminal.

Sam Jam wrote: »
    You are the OP.

OP = opening poster. i.e. the thread starter.

Guts for your honesty but the fact is you're now a criminal. If you're being honest about this being your first offense I would say that you'll get a fine and maybe community service. I'm not sure really, I could be wrong about that. Likelihood is that you will not be deported.

That said please mend your ways. Keep better company and give up silly expensive habits.

You're better than that. You're young with all your life ahead of you. Don't mess up your life now.

I know I was so stupid but this was more than a wake up call to me. After this I will leave a straight life
    Thanks for not offending me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 Sam Jam

I know I was so stupid but this was more than a wake up call to me. After this I will leave a straight life

Watch your peer pressure, keep decent company, don't be lazy and be thankful for what you've got, after that keep a positive attitude and you should have a happy life.

This episode in your life will be a distant memory to you. Face up to what you did now in court, accept it and get passed it. Then bin those memories and get on with your life.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,958 ✭✭✭delthedriver

I hope you have learned a valuable lesson.

Young lady, please get on with your life , you have a lot of living to do!

Stay on the straight and narrow line, enjoy life

Sam Jam wrote: »
    Watch your peer pressure, keep decent company, don't be lazy and be thankful for what you've got, after that keep a positive attitude and you should have a happy life.

This episode in your life will be a distant memory to you. Face up to what you did now in court, accept it and get passed it. Then bin those memories and get on with your life.

That's what I plan to do. I feel really stupid
    And once it all over I will live a straight life

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,958 ✭✭✭delthedriver

That's what I plan to do. I feel really stupid
    And once it all over I will live a straight life

Wishing you the very best for your future

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement