Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

pokemon in galway

• 24-10-2013 11:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭

hi guys.. i run a street fighter night in galway, in the cottage bar salthill..
    every monday we get together at 730 and play street fighter.. but i encourage people to bring ds/3ds to get some games going of whatever people are interested in.. lately people have been playing some pokemon together, so i just though id mention it here in case anyone wanted to get involved.

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,226 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

hi guys.. i run a street fighter night in galway, in the cottage bar salthill..
    every monday we get together at 730 and play street fighter.. but i encourage people to bring ds/3ds to get some games going of whatever people are interested in.. lately people have been playing some pokemon together, so i just though id mention it here in case anyone wanted to get involved.

My gf likes her pokie mans. This may gt the both of us going up together - me for SF4 and her for Pokemon :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Damn, I was hoping this was a sighting of a live one...

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭jimmypenguin

yeah man just let me know and ill let people know that theres some duals to be had

• Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

Hey, folks, I've been trying to put things together for some Pokemon in Galway lately. Unfortunately most places are either not interested, or too expensive. However, I'm still looking and optimistic. I'm thinking, for the moment anyways, just hitting a local pub would be the best bet. Few pint, few battles, be grand!
    I've started up a group on fb for anyone who's interested in getting together for trades/battles in the Galway area. Hopefully, things will escalate from there. Here's the link
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/458963394230122/

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Sent a request to join.

• Advertisement

Fair play. Been getting requests all day. I think everyone who sent one is in now though. Are you in also?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Yup, I am indeed.

Happy days. If you know anyone else who'd be interested, feel free to hit them up with the page too.

more and more pokemon every week at the cottage these days btw guys

Going to have a few Pokémon related pints in Sally Long's tomorrow night, if anyone wants to get involved.

EDIT: This has been rescheduled to next wedensday instead.

• Advertisement

Looks like NUIG have a pokémon week scheduled for next week including showings of the movie, and games nights.

Cheers, man. I couldn't copy/paste it here from my phone.

Pints and Pokémon tomorrow evening in Sally Longs.

We had enough people for a four player match, tonight so I'm chalking that up as a roaring success.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,113 ✭✭✭shruikan2553

Im interested although Ive just started to play X properly so will be awhile before I have anything I can join in with

Im interested although Ive just started to play X properly so will be awhile before I have anything I can join in with

Sorry for the late reply. I only saw your post now. Come on down anyways for the craic. There could be players there of any level. We'll be in Sally Longs again tomorrow (wedensday) from 7pm(ish). If you want to join us, feel free :)

Back on track this wedensday evening in Sally's at 7pm, if anyone wants to join us.

And we're back! The colleges are starting back, so most of the Pokémon traniers will be back in Galway for the semester. Wedensdat September 10th will see the start of our weekly events again. This time though, we've teamed up with Galway Gaming Tribes (who put on video game/board game events in the city) and will be pokémoning in a new venue- Padraigs Place.
    HERE'S the facebook event link. Any questions, ask them here or on the facebook page.

Tomorrow folks :D It'll be good to have it back on.

• Advertisement

These events have been moved to Monday nights in Padraig's Place as aopposed to the Wedensday slot they used to run on. There's been a great crowd lately, and it's really a lot of fun. So if you happen to be in Galway on a monday evening, drop on round.

Hey folks, just letting you all know that Galway Pokémon Trainers have a Pokémon: ORAS singles tournament coming up in a few weeks. It will be in The Cellar Bar on Eglington Street, Galway City on March 9th in association with Hit-Start-Now. If you're over the age of 18 and want to throw down for a chance to win a pair of weekend tickets to Dublin's Pokécon 2015 courtesy of Pokécon Ireland, then train up your team and drop on down. Here's the LINK to the facebook event where you can find rules, entry fees, maps to the venue and anything else you might need to know.

Also, Mods, if this post isn't ok then please delete it. On the flip side, if you think the event deserves it's own thread, then work away. Thanks.

I'll allow it, and hopefully I'll be able to attend it :D

Angron wrote: »
    I'll allow it, and hopefully I'll be able to attend it :D

Fantastic stuff. I'm liking forward to battling your team again, dude.

Advertisement