Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Please help

• 20-04-2014 9:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 30

So I got shop lifting in tesco today. The Garda was called and I got evicted I got a court date. The amount was 77 euro in total.
    This is my first time in court. Will I get sent to prison? I'm 20 will it be in my records for ever now
    I'm not Irish will I get sent home? I had a previous warning for something else. Trying to use a ATM card that's wasn't mine but no money taken.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

You need to get yourself a solicitor.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,844 ✭✭✭Snake

January wrote: »
    You need to get yourself a solicitor.

Can't steal a solicitor. Looks like she's done so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭Zambia

Legal advice can not be given here.

However I would advise you stop breaking the law.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭MrWard

Robbing the places the Irish are too lazy to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭racso1975

Wow the condescending high horse brigade are out in force today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 473 ✭✭lollsangel

Newgirl19 wrote: »
    So I got shop lifting in tesco today. The Garda was called and I got evicted I got a court date. The amount was 77 euro in total.
    This is my first time in court. Will I get sent to prison? I'm 20 will it be in my records for ever now
    I'm not Irish will I get sent home? I had a previous warning for something else. Trying to use a ATM card that's wasn't mine but no money taken.

Youll probahly get a suspended sentence. Probably wont be deported but remember if ur non eu you can be refused your gnib card if youre not complying by the conditions of your visa (ie robbing can affect your employment). It will be on your record, will show up on your garda clearance form. And if youre planning to become irish, youd want to cop on. Using an atm card not belonging to you (and im assuming unknown to the owner),and shopping lifting can effect the state belief of strenght of character.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,554 ✭✭✭Pat Mustard

lollsangel wrote: »
    Youll probahly get a suspended sentence.

If you don't know the judge, you can't say what sentence will be likely. You can't say whether there will be a fine or if the Probation Act would be applied.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement