Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Official Free Money Betting Superthread 2011/12

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭monaghanman10

william hill had tonga plus 347 at 2/1 a minute ago.tried to get money on but it was taken down

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,549 ✭✭✭✭Judgement Day

Auckland from a live webcam a few minutes ago. Weather looks smashing for a try fest. :D

NZ by more than 28 points at half time @ 10/11
    More than 36.5 points in the 1st half @ 5/6

Well, I nearly got away with a break even situation but for the last minute penalty by Kurt Morath - (29-0 at 40 minutes) - now I know why I don't bother doing the lottery. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,234 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

william hill had tonga plus 347 at 2/1 a minute ago.tried to get money on but it was taken down

347?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,244 ✭✭✭Juwwi

France are now -41 1/1 with ladbrokes.

Despite the general feeling when the teams were announced that -47 was a great bet the handicap is lowering.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,976 ✭✭✭profitius

347?

Its known in the betting industry as a mistake. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭TheJackAttack

I think betting with underdog against the handicap is great value.. Covered a few bets with it this weekend

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,592 ✭✭✭GerM

Think the Italy handicap is generous. One thing the Italians don't do it roll over. 30 points is a big number given Australia struggle with goal kicking.

• Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭jayteecork

Guys Argentina 4/1 to beat England on Boyle.

Is it just me or is that extremely generous?

A 2 horse race, Argentina play out of their skins in the WC and will be well up for it cause it's England, AND it's on neutral soil.

Looks amazing odds to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭PhatPiggins

jayteecork wrote: »
    Guys Argentina 4/1 to beat England on Boyle.

Is it just me or is that extremely generous?

A 2 horse race, Argentina play out of their skins in the WC and will be well up for it cause it's England, AND it's on neutral soil.

Looks amazing odds to me.

You can get a far better price then 4/1 if you shop around. I don't think they've any chance myself.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,599 Mod ✭✭✭✭CIARAN_BOYLE

I thought it was very funny to notice in paddy power that Trimble is their second favorite to be Ireland's first try scorer despite being on the bench

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,317 ✭✭✭Yardie

A couple of bets worth serious consideration in England game

Under 3.5 tries @ 11/8 on Sporting Bet and a yellow card in the match @ 8/13 on William Hill

You can get a far better price then 4/1 if you shop around. I don't think they've any chance myself.

You're right. Sporting Bet have them @ 6/1. Don't suppose they accept laser?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭LightningBolt

USA +17 HT 5/6 Boyles

jayteecork wrote: »
    You're right. Sporting Bet have them @ 6/1. Don't suppose they accept laser?

I've never used them but they're 6/1 with betfair as well and they definitely do accept laser ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,915 ✭✭✭MungBean

Fionn Carr 6/4 to score a try in 80 mins. First home game with Leinster, if he gets some ball he should score.

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭antogz1979

I've never used them but they're 6/1 with betfair as well and they definitely do accept laser ;)

13/2 now. thats as far as they will go looking at the liquidity in the market. Lads its a sin to not have a betfair account, if you like the bit of gambling. Nearly always better prices than the bookies, in markets like these.

antogz1979 wrote: »
    13/2 now. thats as far as they will go looking at the liquidity in the market. Lads its a sin to not have a betfair account, if you like the bit of gambling. Nearly always better prices than the bookies, in markets like these.

You'll nearly always get the best price in the outright market but I find their handicaps a bit hit or miss.

Best thing about betfair is you can lay off a bet. A lot of the punters on here will know if they're bets going win/lose/very tight after ten minutes of watching a game and the option to get out has saved me a few sheckles.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,549 ✭✭✭✭Judgement Day

Managed to pull back most of my losses on the ABs match tonight and a live 2nd half bet on Leinster was decisive. May get sense and have a break tomorrow but I doubt it. :D

pp9thsept.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 7,513 ✭✭✭seanhynes

are romania +33 worth the risk tonight? scotland dont put many to the sword usually

• Registered Users Posts: 24,815 ✭✭✭✭emmet02

Romania +37 was my bet of the week.

At 33 there's still value to be had though!

• Advertisement

ya its dropped down,37 seems v.safe,think im goina take the risk on it! will them handicaps be available 4 r 5 mins into the game if it remains 0-0 i wonder

• Registered Users Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

I really liked the look of France -45 earlier.....it's -41 now. Is there something I'm missing?

Given that the game is in Invercargill so could really restrict any flowing rugby which will play right into the hands of the Romanians. Romania to win by 1-5 @ 150/1 is defo worth a euro or two just in case! Scots to win by 1-12 pts at 12/1 worth a fiver too

Yardie wrote: »
    Given that the game is in Invercargill so could really restrict any flowing rugby which will play right into the hands of the Romanians. Romania to win by 1-5 @ 150/1 is defo worth a euro or two just in case! Scots to win by 1-12 pts at 12/1 worth a fiver too

where you get that price?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,915 ✭✭✭MungBean

Romania wont beat Scotland. Romania +33 is a good bet. As is Scotland by 21-30 @ 3/1 I think. Can see the Scots get a couple of tries and few kickable penalties, dont think they have what it takes to do much more.

If the game is more open then I'd imagine Romania might sneak a try and few penalties to keep the margin in check anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭johnmcdnl

Yardie wrote: »

you sir are a genius.. that is all

• Registered Users Posts: 24,815 ✭✭✭✭emmet02

emmet02 wrote: »
    the bet of the weekend is Romania to keep Scotland to below the HC imo
    And our strategy of backing the minnow in the big spread games has a 100% strike rate.
    2/2
    Pity I didn't believe it myself
    Romania +37 was my bet of the week.

At 33 there's still value to be had though!

tumblr_lp3zolHalP1qe0eclo1_r17_500.gif

+37! ha,and they say the bookies never get it wrong!
    im sticking to the minnow plan for the next namibia +30 trebled with france -41 and england to win 7/2

• Advertisement

Nice. Had a quid on Scotland to win 6-10 points and got €26 back.

Also my accums are still on as romania +37 are in most of them.

Advertisement