Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Public Transport to Leopardstown

• 20-01-2011 1:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭

I'm working at the Leopardstown races this weekend. I've to be in for 9 both days, the problem is I haven't a clue how to get there by public transport.

I'll be coming from Greystones. What would be the best way to get there?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 724 ✭✭✭dynamick

84 bus to Cherrywood (40 minutes)
    Luas to Central Park (20 minutes)

maybe there is a better way

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭zagmund

DART to DL and then a 46a to Leopardstown Road or Foxrock Church and a walk. The walk along Leopardstown Road would be long enough. There may be other buses you can take up around that area, but nothing is going to bring you right into the racecourse so you are facing a fair walk anyway.

z

84 to White Cross (50 mins). Walk down leopardstown rd 20mins to racecourse.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,540 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

Given that the OP states that they need to be at Leopardstown for 0900, it would help if people actually checked the timetables!

Saturday - 3 Options:
    1) 0730 DART to Dun Laoghaire and 46a to Leopardstown Road and walk
    2) 0700 84 from Newcastle to Leopardstown Road and walk
    3) 0700 84 from Newcastle to Cherrywood and then walk to LUAS stop and LUAS to Central Park and walk

Sunday:
    There is no public transport available from Greystones before 0900.
    Taxi is the only option for the entire trip as the first 145 from Kilmacanogue is only at 0830.

CIE
    cycling is easier

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭Vic_08

lxflyer wrote: »

Sunday:
    There is no public transport available from Greystones before 0900.
    Taxi is the only option for the entire trip as the first 145 from Kilmacanogue is only at 0830.

Bus Eireann 133 from Newtownmountkennedy at 07.30, also picks up at Kilpedder, Willow Grove, Glenview and Kilmacanogue. Will drop-off on request at White's cross.

http://www.buseireann.ie/pdf/1274196066-133.pdf

• Registered Users Posts: 17,540 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

A fair point that I'd not considered - an ever so slightly shorter taxi ride too!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

Thanks for all the help. I think I'll get the bus and luas tomorrow, and have managed to rope someone into giving me a lift out on Sunday morning!

Advertisement