Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Should I complain about a taxi driver??

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Same As wrote: »
    Sorry to dig this thread up from the dead but just looking for advice as to a similar situation I found myself in at lunch time today.

Was looking for a taxi at the bottom of Grafton St and naturally went to the top of the taxi rank by Molly Malone. Tried to get the attention of the first driver, a Dub, saying "Howiya mate(or boy, pretty sure I said mate)". Got into the car with my bag of clothes, place it on the seat and driver barks "Put the bag on the floor". So I oblige and ask him to bring him to near my destination (didn't want him to bring me to my door, had a feeling this wasn't going to be the most pleasant of journeys).

Sitting in silence as conversation wasn't exactly forthcoming, I take a look at the meter and spot he's added on an 'Extra' of €1, which slightly bemused me as I was travelling alone and hadn't booked the taxi. I kept my mouth shut as I assumed it might have been done in error, but jotted down the details of his registration coyly on my phone.

So we arrive at our destination and he again barks the fare, including the added €1 for the trivial 'Extra'. I'm not broke or a tight wad by an stretch of the imagination but felt it only right to ask politely what the €1 extra was for. He reduces the fare by the €1. I hand over a €20 which is snapped out of my hand and he then states "The next time you get into my car, I warn you not to be so cheeky or I'll kick the sh1te out of you, you're lucky I didn't. Any person who calls me boy or mate, I'll kick the sh1te out of them". I'm pretty stunned by the outburst, and feeling relatively threatened by the verbal abuse, and probably should have just got out. But I stayed momentarily and apologised for my colloquialisms explaining that I'm clearly not from Dublin and that saying "mate/boy" was a force of habit. The apology was in vain, and he goes off an a rant saying "How would you feel if I got into your taxi and started calling you farmer?! You wouldn't like that would you ya culchie?!" I just apologise again and get out with my change in hand.

Not sure if this would merit a complaint as I wasn't physically assaulted but feel strongly about his demeanour and that he should receive some form of warning or advise on pleasantries from the Regulator?

Any advice would be appreciated!
    Report the fecker

Advertisement