Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The Human Centipede 3

• 09-04-2015 5:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭

Trailer has just been released for the above, it can be seen here.

The trailer looks like it will be pure shyte, but enjoyable pure shyte.

Part one was absolute rubbish, one of the biggest offenders ever in terms of hype over substance.

As a result of that I didnt bother with part 2 for quite some time but sat down a year or two ago and watched the uncut version and loved it, a really enjoyable, nasty, and violent horror movie with a skin crawlingly depraved central performance from Laurence R Harvey as the protagonist.

Both Dieter Laser (the doctor in part 1) and Harvey return for part three, though it would appear from the trailer they are different characters from their original roles.

I read somewhere last year that Tom Six said that part 3 was going to up the ante in every conceivable way from part 2 but going by the trailer I cannot see it happening. The trailer seems to be playing with a pronounced comedic tone throughout so unless something special gore wise happens I think it could be a disaster.

Cynical me thinks that Six, building on the hype of the first two will be looking to have this one as his cash cow and that will ultimately mean it falls foul of the MPAA and what will get a release will be pretty sanitised in order to have it as seen as wide spread as possible.

Anyway its due out on May 22nd in the US so I expect it to be available pretty soon after that. Im curious but going to go into it with the lowest of expectations.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭arcticmonkeys

First thing I thought of when I seen that trailer was Texas Chainsaw Massacre 2 and that was for lack of a better word complete ****. Like yourself I wasn't hugely impressed with the first movie apart from Dieter Lasers performance but thought part 2 was much better but not holding out much hope for this one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

First thing I thought of when I seen that trailer was Texas Chainsaw Massacre 2 and that was for lack of a better word complete ****. Like yourself I wasn't hugely impressed with the first movie apart from Dieter Lasers performance but thought part 2 was much better but not holding out much hope for this one.

TCM2 as in the one with Denis Hopper??

I love that!!!

Granted its not on a par with the original but its a huge amount of fun and doesnt take itself at all seriously.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Part 2 was actually a good movie, really disturbing and twisted in a way the first one wasn't, the main guy was just something else altogether.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,054 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I just read the wiki page for the 2nd one...holy ****. Who the **** comes up with this stuff :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,955 ✭✭✭✭bnt

Anyway, the first reviews are coming in. Metacritic's meta-score hasn't yet reached double digits ... :pac:

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Aye, anything I've read says it's boring as hell.

Not a surprise. I will watch it at some point I'm sure but I sure as hell won't be paying for the privilege.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

Oh yeah, can't wait for this ... looks great, in the meantime think I'll go watch some snuff films while I wait..

honestly I worry about the mindset of someone who could enjoy this absolute garbage

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,080 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Never has the phrase 'there's always one' been more apt:

izs5cp.jpg

Advertisement