Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Is it worth it?

• 31-03-2014 11:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 26,899 ✭✭✭✭

I already have skyrim, but Ive just seen an anniversary edition of it for x-box with the add-ons Dawnguard, Hearthfire and Dragonborn included for 20 quid

as I say I already have skyrim so Im wondering what opinion was on the add ons

are they worth it in their own right?

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭Steviemoyne

The addons are worth it. Dawnguard adds a new quest line. Hearthfire adds player houses you have to build literally from the ground up. Dragonborn adds a new world and entire quest line. As for the price, I'm not sure. I recall having to buy mass amounts of MS points when I had it on the Xbox version and fairly sure I would have only have spent about that price too (€20). So in my opinion it's worth it.

HOWEVER, for anyone viewing this thread who plays on a pc. - The Elder Scrolls Anthology trumps any offer I've seen so far...adding in all the DLC for *almost* all the game (it essentially is all the games, Arena, Daggerfall, Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim).

The DLC on pc is pretty pricey and doesn't drop that often on steam or other sources. If you (pc players) have something in the box best thing to do is start adding up the games you don't have and the dlc and see if it's higher than the price of ~€24.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,899 ✭✭✭✭BBDBB

Thanks Stevie

I was pretty sure Id convinced myself to get it anyway so thanks for confirming that

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,458 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

Yeah, I think they are well worth it anyway. Hearthfire is pretty gimmicky, but the other two really add some worthwhile content to the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭p38

are the bugs which effected Skyrim fixed in the legendary edition. (Thieves Guild quest-line bugged up on me and never got the chance to get the Nightingale armor)

• Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭Steviemoyne

p38 wrote: »
    are the bugs which effected Skyrim fixed in the legendary edition. (Thieves Guild quest-line bugged up on me and never got the chance to get the Nightingale armor)

Depends on what platform you're on. If it's Xbox I can't say. But with the PC version you have unofficial patches that fix the majority of the bugs, access to the console so that you can work-around bugs that still exist (Example Sapphire in Riften telling you to get lost and not interacting with you or floating stairs as part of the Dawnguard DLC).

I think you may be referring to the following bug:
    where the door to the nightingale sanctum doesn't open? Or where Karliah doesn't speak to you (in which case it's best to wait a few hours after putting the key in.
    in which case I'm fairly sure that's fixed

You can see the latest patch notes for console here

Following website details workarounds for bugs experienced in both pc and console versions of Skyrim (and all the other games):
    http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Darkness_Returns

• Advertisement
Advertisement