Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Noob with a few questions

2»

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 21,238 CMod ✭✭✭✭Eoin

That's still available with an automatic! I'll see if I can dig out a picture.

Automatic still has all the parts but is powered by the movement of your arm.

Edit hope these come out ok, on mobile.

http://www.armstrongrockwell.com/perrelet-watches/A20471BAK.jpg

http://www.watchreport.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/victorinox-infantry-caseback.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,455 ✭✭✭✭Monty Burnz

OREGATO wrote: »
    Hmm, wouldn't say I'd rule them out, I just like the feature of the transparent back with a view of the mechanics etc.

Keep the suggestions coming.. I'm looking at second hand tags on ebay at the moment :(

Ah, ok:

Manual = mechanical one you wind
    Automatic = mechanical one that winds itself
    Quartz = one that runs on a battery and doesn't (usually) have nice machinery inside

• Registered Users Posts: 898 ✭✭✭OREGATO

Guys, thank you do much for the info and help with this, Eoin, many thanks for recommending the shop in T2. The sales guy there "Lei" was really really helpful!!! I mean, I spent nearly 1 full hour there (went early to check out the shop) and he gave me so much help, recommended a few different watches but the one that stuck with me and caught my eye from the start was the Hamilton jazz master view matic.

Ended up taking my time with it and the sales man was really helpful and patient.

I ended up buying the Hamilton, it's just perfect, good size, auto and very nice to wear. I'm delighted with it so far. Sitting here waitin for my plane, I keep looking at it!

This is a slippery slope now, this forum had me hooked!

Thanks again to you all!!!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 21,238 CMod ✭✭✭✭Eoin

Congrats! What a nice classic looking watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭Sunster

Congratulations. Look forward to seeing the pics

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,380 ✭✭✭Deep Thought

Wait until Peasant gets his hands on you.....

The narrower a man’s mind, the broader his statements.

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭Sunster

Wait until Peasant gets his hands on you.....

Watches are awful addictive... Stay away from tz-uk , timezone and watchuseek websites! Don't say I didn't warn you

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭Zagato

Congrats, I've tried a few of the Hamiltons on there and so far escaped :rolleyes:

Look forward to the pics

Advertisement