Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Revolut - Ultracheap FX (prepaid Mastercard)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭crasy dash

Its a real pain I ended up using a cheap stand for holding the phone for the facial recognition step it was the only way of doing it

• Registered Users Posts: 769 ✭✭✭seklly

Sono wrote: »
    I held it still for nearly a minute and still wouldn't work!

I had issues with my verification, black screen after capturing the passport photo. Sent details by email to kyc@revolut.com, was verified within 3 minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭Delta2113

Personally I'd use passport rather than licence and yes it takes perseverance. The face photo is no picnic either but maybe just a bit easier.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,870 ✭✭✭bittihuduga

has anyone topped up via their credit card lately?
    i had topped up couple of weeks back and it had worked fine.
    no cash advance fee too.
    but now its throwing error.
    support says credit cards top up is not supported.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

has anyone topped up via their credit card lately?
    i had topped up couple of weeks back and it had worked fine.
    no cash advance fee too.
    but now its throwing error.
    support says credit cards top up is not supported.

Yeah it's been discussed here a good bit. People did use their credit cards weeks ago but Revolut have since stopped it as they didn't originally intend for people to be able to top up this way.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,870 ✭✭✭bittihuduga

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    Yeah it's been discussed here a good bit. People did use their credit cards weeks ago but Revolut have since stopped it as they didn't originally intend for people to be able to top up this way.

oh thats sad.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭timple23

can you transfer paypal balance onto this card?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

timple23 wrote: »
    can you transfer paypal balance onto this card?

No, the only thing you can do with paypal balance is, spend it online somewhere that accepts paypal, withdraw it to a bank account or send it to someone else via paypal.

So to answer your question, no, unfortunately not.

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭meolwan

ceroc81 wrote: »
    Had the same problem, using Ulster Bank as well, finally figured out that my problem was the address field was incorrectly filled, the first field is the postal code whereas I had the full address, changing that to just a number and filling all the other fields it worked for me.

Thanks ceroc81 that did the trick and solved the problem :)

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭tregan

can't find an answer anywhere - still awaiting my physical card but there was the strike with an post sorting offices so maybe it will land today - just over a week so not worrying yet

re funds transfer - was trying to transfer via bank but i cannot fill in any of the fields and it seems to appear with revolut bank details but i can't tap to change to my bank so that i can transfer funds? did i miss a step in setting up?

thanks in advance

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,026 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

tregan wrote: »
    can't find an answer anywhere - still awaiting my physical card but there was the strike with an post sorting offices so maybe it will land today - just over a week so not worrying yet

re funds transfer - was trying to transfer via bank but i cannot fill in any of the fields and it seems to appear with revolut bank details but i can't tap to change to my bank so that i can transfer funds? did i miss a step in setting up?

thanks in advance

Those bank details are the details you need to enter in to your own online banking or via a branch, you need to set up the transfer from your end into Revolut bank acc, and not through using the app.

• Registered Users Posts: 744 ✭✭✭illdoit2morrow

seklly wrote: »
    I had issues with my verification, black screen after capturing the passport photo. Sent details by email to kyc@revolut.com, was verified within 3 minutes.

My front facing camera is fecked so i can't complete verification using the app, what do you send to that email address?

thanks in advance

Thanks Aquos76 and my physical card arrived this morning so all good. did a transfer via bank card which is automatic and did a bank transfer but that can take a few days - just want to have a play before i go away on 22nd

• Registered Users Posts: 2,332 ✭✭✭henke

Managed to successfully top up my card and tried ordering from mandmdirect.com but payment is not being authorised. Any ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,095 ✭✭✭J_R

Aquos76 wrote: »
    Those bank details are the details you need to enter in to your own online banking or via a branch, you need to set up the transfer from your end into Revolut bank acc, and not through using the app.

Hi,

Did that on the 20th Sept via TSB online banking (€10.00, was just testing)

On 1st Oct €10 still not showing in my Revolut account contacted support.

Now 6th Oct still not resolved.

Sent them all the details they requested;-
    "amount, date, account number, name of account holder, the reference and some sort of proof of this transaction".

Have received two "Okay this should be dealt with shortly" replies

Has anybody successfully topped up by branch or online banking ???

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭millhousegirl

J_R wrote: »
    Hi,

Did that on the 20th Sept via TSB online banking (€10.00, was just testing)

On 1st Oct €10 still not showing in my Revolut account contacted support.

Now 6th Oct still not resolved.

Sent them all the details they requested;-
    "amount, date, account number, name of account holder, the reference and some sort of proof of this transaction".

Have received two "Okay this should be dealt with shortly" replies

Has anybody successfully topped up by branch or online banking ???

I had a similar problem with the bank transfer. Keep on to them. Preferably send an email to their support and it will be logged. Include the details of the transfer.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,293 ✭✭✭ionapaul

I had a similar problem with the bank transfer. Keep on to them. Preferably send an email to their support and it will be logged. Include the details of the transfer.
    Yep, it tooks AGES and lots of badgering support to get them to track down my bank transfer, and it was only a tenner. I had planned to do that as a test and then transfer a few hundred before a trip to Asia later in the year, that plan is scuppered as a result of the poor service :( Will try to top up via debit/credit card in the meantime, but no more bank transfers.

To date, all my transfers to my Revolut card have been via by visa/debit card and it's been flawless each time and instantaneous also, and any withdrawals have been via atm.

Topped up successfully with a visa. Tried to order online with the revolut card and it was declined. After getting onto support they tell me I used the incorrect cvc which I definitely didn't. Asked is the cvc listed in the app correct and now not getting a reply.

I posted this a while back but still no further on..

I recently received my card and I have tried a number of times to top-up via my VISA debit card. However after a number of go’s I get this message each time..

“Either you submitted a request that is missing a mandatory field or the value of a field foes not match the format expected.”[/I]

I called them about it and the guy could see I was attempting the top-up’s but didn’t know why they were not working. I called BoI too and its not an issue on their side.

Has anyone else had this problem?

I have been successful via the bank transfer but they longer to process.

• Advertisement

I posted this a while back but still no further on..

I recently received my card and I have tried a number of times to top-up via my VISA debit card. However after a number of go’s I get this message each time..

“Either you submitted a request that is missing a mandatory field or the value of a field foes not match the format expected.”[/I]

I called them about it and the guy could see I was attempting the top-up’s but didn’t know why they were not working. I called BoI too and its not an issue on their side.

Has anyone else had this problem?

I have been successful via the bank transfer but they longer to process.

only new to this card myself - got physical card in todays post. did visa debit card transfer no problem and that showed up straight away. did bank transfer so will wait and see how long that takes .... re your query - have you entered the address the same when applying for your revolut account as it appears on your bank statement where visa debit card from? think some one mentioned earlier if not the same can be a problem?

only new to this card myself - got physical card in todays post. did visa debit card transfer no problem and that showed up straight away. did bank transfer so will wait and see how long that takes .... re your query - have you entered the address the same when applying for your revolut account as it appears on your bank statement where visa debit card from? think some one mentioned earlier if not the same can be a problem?

Yeah, the bank statement matches up with Revolut. I bank with Bank of Ireland. I put a call into them and they confirmed no issues on their side. Revolut are looking into it for me now.

What do people put in for the postcode?? I just put in "0"

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

Yeah, the bank statement matches up with Revolut. I bank with Bank of Ireland. I put a call into them and they confirmed no issues on their side. Revolut are looking into it for me now.

What do people put in for the postcode?? I just put in "0"

There's your problem I'd say. That's not your postcode. Everyone in Ireland has a postcode now so you should use that.

There's your problem I'd say. That's not your postcode. Everyone in Ireland has a postcode now so you should use that.

I put in EIRE as the post code and it worked for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭dmcg90

Is it down for anyone else? I can't log in today, support keep not answering and then someone else saying hello.

Frustrating to a point of losing trust and leaving.

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭brian_gall85

I topped up and used mine about an hour ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭soirish

The card can also give you Netflix 1 month free if you register for a new account ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭msmx5

dmcg90 wrote: »
    Is it down for anyone else? .

No problems for me today, its been working fine.... have topped up with debit card before lunch and made two purchases in afternoon. All show up fine in the app. Have had no trouble logging in.

Fine for me also, atm withdrawal earlier today, POS transaction tonigh, and only just now transferred money from my debit card into my revolut account

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

henke wrote: »
    I put in EIRE as the post code and it worked for me.
    Managed to successfully top up my card and tried ordering from mandmdirect.com but payment is not being authorised. Any ideas?
    Topped up successfully with a visa. Tried to order online with the revolut card and it was declined. After getting onto support they tell me I used the incorrect cvc which I definitely didn't. Asked is the cvc listed in the app correct and now not getting a reply.

How did it work exactly?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement