Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Ford Focus Brake Drum Painted?

• 28-09-2015 1:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys,

My focus I think it's called the rear brake drum was previously sprayed silver by the previous owner, it doesn't look too bad as it's covered by steelies and hub caps at the moment.

However I've a set of ST alloys coming and I'm sure it will be unsightly to say the least!

Am I right in thinking a a wire brush will be the right job for this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,381 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

You may as well just paint it black.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭Newtown90

colm_mcm wrote: »
    You may as well just paint it black.

What sort of paint would be best to use? hammerite?

• Registered Users Posts: 73,381 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Yep. A matt finish if you can get it.

Obviously heat resistant paint.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,268 ✭✭✭visual

Wire brush or wire wheel on a drill would be better. Heat resistant paint in black or matt black would be best to show alloys

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭Polo_Cluvie

You can get little cans of heat resistant paint from the motor factors in red and if you paint front callipers as well as rear drums it'll look class. Take my word for it :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,088 ✭✭✭sean1141

Small tin of hammerite or similar direct to rust/metal paint will be perfect. On need for heat resistant paint

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭Newtown90

Did this yesterday!

Happy with the result!

See pics attached!

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭Polo_Cluvie

Newtown90 wrote: »
    Did this yesterday!

Happy with the result!

See pics attached!

Looking good

• Closed Accounts Posts: 694 ✭✭✭5W30

A nice black is always the best, IMO!