Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Skyrim: Legendary Edition - Question

• 04-07-2014 2:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,611 ✭✭✭

I have only recently started playing this on PC, proper. I had the Xbox 360 version and destroyed nearly every quest on it.

I'm fairly rusty now after not playing it for well over 2 years, and I feel like a complete "n00b" again. Since this is the Legendary Edition I own, I'm aware I have every piece of DLC included, and installed.

My question is, at what point does the DLC missions/quests/content begin to appear? What triggers them? So far I've just finished one of the very early story quests (Bleak Falls Barrow*)
    *I don't know how to spell it, too lazy to Google

..and I've yet to have anything happen or show up in my Quest log.

Share your insight with me, for I am considerably dumb at the moment trying to play this.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

I think you need to be a certain level to activate Dawnguard, possibly lvl 10. When you reach that just talk to a guard and the start location near Riften will show up on the map.

For Dragonborn you need to have met the Greybeards and killed at least one dragon. You'll be attacked by some Cultists, kill them and take the note. There's no level requirement.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,611 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

Excellent. My last save point I'm actually on the foot of that mountain them lads live at. Good. Never got to try the Dragonborn DLC, it was the only one I missed

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭diegroblers

You get some amazing rewards/perks from Dragonborn; my advice would be not to leave it till last, or else you won't have much opportunity to use those rewards. Companion's Insight is particularly helpful.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,611 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

You get some amazing rewards/perks from Dragonborn; my advice would be not to leave it till last, or else you won't have much opportunity to use those rewards. Companion's Insight is particularly helpful.

Playing Dragonborn right now. It was the first thing I did once the opportunity arose. Only touched down in Morrowind now

Morrowind

*Solstheim.

:P

I would never have known about Morrowind, if it wasn't for reddit.com/r/skyrim.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Lyncher2014

whats Dawnguard like ? I'm almost finished Drangonborn, only thing I don't like about it is having to transport everything back to the mainland. Cant do it in one go cause of the glitch sailing on the boat

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,905 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

I really like Dawnguard, you can either choose to join the dawnguard or the vampires. Joining the dawnguard gives you some cool weapons like crossbows which shoot further than regular bows, but joining the vampires gives you the 'Vampire Lord' perk (it's like becoming a werewolf) and it's also pretty cool. I'd say read the wiki before you choose so you'll know which one you want to be.

Are you playing on PC? If so you could use console commands to get back to wherever you want on the mainland if the boat is glitched.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Lyncher2014

I'd probably join the dawnguard. There's a book on amazon about skyrim and it's DLCs that i'd be interested in getting.

I'm playing it on xbox. It's just if i'm ever over encumbered and try to use the boat, your man takes the money and the game goes into the loading screen but when it returns i'd be still in solstheim. i'm not sure if it happens on PC

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭The Domonator

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Griever931

If I buy the Legendary Edition would I have to start a new game or could I use my save files from the original Skyrim? I play it on PS3 if that makes any difference.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,731 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

afaik you can start any of the DLC in the legendary edition from a previous save - maybe a PS3 user could confirm this?

afaik you can start any of the DLC in the legendary edition from a previous save - maybe a PS3 user could confirm this?

I used to play on Xbox, and you'll have no problem on your old save. You'll just have a bunch of people waiting for you in Whiterun.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,731 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

same as the pc version so :)

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Griever931

Ok thanks for the info.

Advertisement