Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Would you take the law into your own hands if the legal system failed you??

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

Yes, if they harmed my cat.. ;):)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,035 ✭✭✭OU812

Yes I would, but at the exact moment they were having their genitals hacked off with a Stanley knife, I'd be in a Garda station having photos stamped for a passport renewal

• Registered Users Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭Tubbs4

the is to lock them up for 6 years. So i would keep them in my house and only allow them 1 hour outside time while feeding them.
    Oh wait no the law here has no death sentence. So you could do nothing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,713 ✭✭✭HondaSami

I would want too, it's natural to want revenge if someone you love is hurt but would not do it myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 778 ✭✭✭jessiejam

No I don't think I could if it was something that was done to me. I would want to and would play out every sort of revenge in my head but when push came to shove I know i would back out. Simply because of the guilt or consequences.

For my children however probably a different matter. Knowing me, I would react in haste and kill the perpetrator. And deal with the consequences at a later date.

I hope to never be in that position though.

I feel really angry now having run those horrible thoughts through my head:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,184 ✭✭✭3ndahalfof6

I dunno....

comeuppance?

I think I love this word.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,496 ✭✭✭Boombastic

I wouldn't but my dog might ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,485 ✭✭✭dj jarvis

gurramok wrote: »
    Yes, if they harmed my cat.. ;):)

:eek: - you just dont give up the cat krazy do you ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭cassid

Calm me now, I will put my faith in the justice system and allow due process to convict the wrong doer.

But if anybody raped/abused my children, I think I would want blood, just the thoughts of anything like that happening to my children, I think I would abandon all my current beliefs and be haunted seeking revenge. I have often seen people talking about forgiving wrong doers who have killed/ raped their children. I think that takes an extraordinary person to do this. I understand the logic on it now, that the crime can't be undone and bitterness/desire for revenge would only further exacerbate my pain and will only damage my quality of life.

If something happened to my hubbie or other members of my extended family, I don't think I would be as intent on revenge at any cost. Maybe its because my children are still very young and need protecting or I just love them more, I don’t know really.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

I wouldn't talk about it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭burgermasters

Without a shadow of a doubt

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,857 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

How did this thread get 43 replies without someone making a "Taken" reference?

After Hours, I am disappoint!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,016 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

How did this thread get 43 replies without someone making a "Taken" reference?

Because you're the only idiot who actually watched it...?:D

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,857 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Ikky Poo2 wrote: »
    Because you're the only idiot who actually watched it...?:D

No, no, that was the sequel! Liam Neeson's monologue in the first film belongs in this thread, dammit!

• Registered Users Posts: 27,564 ✭✭✭✭steddyeddy

It did fail me and I did to answer your question.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Of course I would, it's how TV raised me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

The law fails us all the time.

Closing hours in Off Licence/pubs.
    Making criminals out of peaceful people for their choice of drug.
    Going easy on white collar criminals.
    Limited liability for people who expect a return on their investment regardless of how evil the corporation is.

etc

• Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

spoonface wrote: »
    As the old proverb says, he who is intent on revenge must first dig 2 graves...

Zombies?

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭Difference Engine

Zombies?

In case there was any witnesses?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭goz83

In case there was any witnesses?

That's what fire and wood chippers are for.

Besides, if the Spanish can get horses into our burgers, surely we can get humans into theirs :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,867 ✭✭✭Tonyandthewhale

I very much doubt it.

If something bad happens to me or someone I hold dear I'm interested in doing what I can to prevent or minimise the risk of it happening again. I am not interested in punishment for punishment's sake. Revenge makes me feel petty and dis-satisfied.

Advertisement