Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

OTB 4.0 - Banter rebooted!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

McChubbin wrote: »
    Sounds good. Chances are I'd be in too much pain to talk to him. Regarding the whole "bedside manner" malarky, I only ask out of politeness as I don't wish to come across as rude if I opt to listen to music whilst being inked to distract myself from the pain. I'm hoping to pop into Skin City Ink during the week provided life doesn't get in the way so I'll see how things go.

In other news: I just found out that Amanda ****ing Palmer is going to be touring Ireland! :D

Have you seen her before? She's absolutely brilliant live :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,421 ✭✭✭joey100

can anyone recommend a good artist who can do as realistic a skull as possible?

Marcin in colourworks has been doing some really good realistic black and grey stuff. Seems to do more black and grey than colour but worth checking out.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

I hate this bedside manner craic, if someone is skilled as **** i dont care what their attitude is like once they do the work, that being said my artist is good craic, actually on that anyone going to belfast tattoo con? roberts bringing my sis up to try finish her backpiece at it, so road tripping

But it does seen to be more relaxing when your working with an artist who has a laugh with you.
    Takes the mind off the pain. I still find certain areas tough to deal with.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,268 ✭✭✭dinorebel

Word on the grapevine (read: Skin City Ink's FB page) is that Atilla Bona has left Wildcat Ink Stephen's Green to take up residency in SCI.
    I've heard good things about this studio though I'd like to know, for my own clarification, how much they generally charge per hour.
    When he was in Wildcat Ink, Atilla was so kind and gracious in taking his time talking me through the overall placement, shading and detailing of my proposed tattoo idea (A black and grey human skull with a purple rose). I was quoted between €200-220 which for Atilla's calibre of work is a very good deal indeed. I'm hopeful about getting the tat done before the year's out but if Atilla is unavailable, can anyone recommend a good artist who can do as realistic a skull as possible? Preferably in the Dublin City area.

EDIT: Just poked around on the website- Pawel's stuff is quite good. What's his bedside manner like?
    Looks like Skin City it is for the rest of my sleeve then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

Hellrazer wrote: »
    Im in absolute shock.My 6 year old got her ears pierced in Claires today and do you know how much it was??

70 ****ing euros.70 euros!!!!!

Seriously 70 euros with a ****ing gun.

Now my other daughter wants them done.Are there any piercing shops that will pierce kids ears??

Ill be broke if this keeps up!!!

€70?!

Two of my girls got theirs done back in January and the dearest earrings they had there were €55! It cost me €110 for the pair of them because of course they picked the most expensive ones... Thank god the other one wanted to wait a while before getting hers done.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

70? All I can say is bollocks to that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

Have you seen her before? She's absolutely brilliant live :)
    Nooo! T'is my first time. She's gigging at the Academy on June 13th so I'm really hoping to snag a ticket before the ticket-sniping ninjas come out in force and snatch them up. I still haven't gotten around to reading her book yet but it's on the To Read list. :D

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,581 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

January wrote: »
    €70?!

Two of my girls got theirs done back in January and the dearest earrings they had there were €55! It cost me €110 for the pair of them because of course they picked the most expensive ones... Thank god the other one wanted to wait a while before getting hers done.

FWIW--Hickeys in Manor Mills its only 20.00

We were done I tell you..

Sleeve almost finished..all the white and orange done..now just the blue.Cant wait to see it finished.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

All I took from this conversation is further confirmation that I should never have kids.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Or never take them to Claire's to get pierced.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

Star Lord wrote: »
    Or never take them to Claire's to get pierced.

Or that Hellrazer is easy to rob money off

I think my DVD/CW drive is dying. *long, disgruntled sigh*

• Registered Users Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Ms. Koi

My computer deleted the cd drive itself a while back!

Ms. Koi wrote: »
    My computer deleted the cd drive itself a while back!
    I honestly don't know how it happened. According to the Device Manager, everything is in full working order but for whatever reason, it's not reading my discs. Nothing wrong (AFAIK) with said discs- they are brand spanking new, fresh-out-of-the-box and have never been used.
    I contacted my brother (the tech whiz of the family) and he says it's probably down to me downloading from dodgy torrents causing an infestation of viruses, malware and trojans. I cleaned up the bugs to the best of my somewhat merger abilities but still, my CD drive is acting the maggot.
    I've decided to admit defeat and opt to do a full on purge of the computer and restore it to factory settings. Bit tedious hunting down and saving all my drivers but sure, I suppose it could be worse. :/
    My motto is: "Never trust a computer you can't feck out a window!" :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Ms. Koi

I honestly don't know how it happened. According to the Device Manager, everything is in full working order but for whatever reason, it's not reading my discs. Nothing wrong (AFAIK) with said discs- they are brand spanking new, fresh-out-of-the-box and have never been used.
    I contacted my brother (the tech whiz of the family) and he says it's probably down to me downloading from dodgy torrents causing an infestation of viruses, malware and trojans. I cleaned up the bugs to the best of my somewhat merger abilities but still, my CD drive is acting the maggot.
    I've decided to admit defeat and opt to do a full on purge of the computer and restore it to factory settings. Bit tedious hunting down and saving all my drivers but sure, I suppose it could be worse. :/
    My motto is: "Never trust a computer you can't feck out a window!" :P

This laptop is dying. took 4 hours to turn on once!

Four hours?! I'd have taken a hammer to it after one! D:

In tat-related news, I found this thread on Reddit and it's been very entertaining so far! Not sure how many tattoo artists/piercers there are on Boards but sure you guys must have some funny stories!

So, I just restored Windows 7... my god, it's all so... SHINY. And fast!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭jenizzle

My latest tattoo on my leg is driving me f*cking insaaane! Mad bumpy and scratchy and itchy. It's been better this weekend and bepanthen has helped loads so I hope this is the last of it. It was fine when it was healing in February, so I've no idea what it's having a hissy fit over now.

you could just be coming down with something?? my leg tattoo healed like a champ! one more sitting and ill be done and starting on my calf :)

Started flaring up when I started training lots more. Could be the elastic of the gym leggings I was wearing, either that or it's hating on leg day. God only knows!

How are ye, RayRay?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

If you're wearing leggings, could be it's just mild skin irritation because of the friction. Maybe swap out for an ol pair of trackies see how it feels then?

or just swap to shorts!? Not too bad jen hows yourself?

or just swap to shorts!? Not too bad jen hows yourself?

My legs aren't ready for public consumption :pac: I'm all good! I had a random day off today, so went for a ramble up the mountains and it was awesome :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

Forgot just how tiring a 4 hour sitting can be...

jenizzle wrote: »
    My legs aren't ready for public consumption :pac: I'm all good! I had a random day off today, so went for a ramble up the mountains and it was awesome :D

mine either but more tattoos will fix that :D

Jenizzle, I know the feeling when it comes to being insecure about one's legs. Mine are big, chunky and paler than death. I am venomathly anti-fake tan (it gives me a rash) so whenever I defuzz for the summer, I still keep my legs moderately well hidden under a Maxi dress.
    Don't worry too much about it. One of the reasons I'm committed to getting tattoos over the next few years is so I can look in the mirror and see something I like instead of getting down about my body insecurities.
    Might be a bit extreme, sure, but I know that when I got my first tat I had a truly extraordinary boost in my confidence. I felt so much more braver after getting it and it's true what they say- tattoos are as addictive as Pringles!
    Once I sort out this little issue with the bank I'm confident I'll have enough money to get my leg piece done and I'm excited about it. It's been nearly two years since my last inking and I'm itching for another.

I am back in technology land :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

Am I wrong or have you got three meece?

Orim wrote: »
    Am I wrong or have you got three meece?

2, one was ****ed so was checking if it was the mouse or port, the other is the wireless receiver for the working mouse

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 872 ✭✭✭P.K.M.

Ehhh....howyiz! :D It's been a while...moved out of Kinnegad over the Christmas to the new place (in the middle of nowhere) near Longford. The internet is non-existant here, we rely on a really bad "hot-spot" which is nothing of the sort. We've been really busy with one thing or other here, but we're all still alive and loving living in the country. Hope to be back here regular soon. Miss you guys.

Oh..and my tattooist has sent me sketches of the start of my new sleeve, which he's hoping to start in June. It's gonna be an Alien vs Predator style sleeve. Can't feckin wait!!!

Chat ye soon.

Advertisement