Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Tattoo artist recommendations

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭daveyeh

Cavan longford area? Is that near yo your asshole? :pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5 blitzy

daveyeh wrote: »
    Cavan longford area? Is that near yo your asshole? :pac::pac::pac:

Haha ur so funny.

What sort of tattoo do you want done, and are you willing to travel?
    Not looking much really. Childs name and bit of a design. Would travel. But where?

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭daveyeh

blitzy wrote: »
    Haha ur so funny.

Sorry blitzy. On the sauce early.

daveyeh wrote: »
    Sorry blitzy. On the sauce early.

No worries. Enjoy it :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 Keego1111

hi I was wondering could some one help I'm looking to get a tattoo a black and grey tattoo from my elbow to my wrist which covers my whole forearm its a stars and clouds design which tattoo artist would suit this style best and how much would you say it would cost any help would be greatly appreciated as its my first tattoo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 283 ✭✭popecatapetal

Hi folks,

I'm looking for a recommendation for an artist somewhere in Ireland (Leinster preferably, but I'm willing to travel) that would be good at sketch-y style tattoos - an unfinished-looking drawing with colour not completely contained within. Sort of like Mo Mori, except not in Germany.

I'm looking to get the image below down my right leg, with the balloon at about hip height and the last orangutan just below the knee.

Any recommendations/thoughts?

Thanks in advance,
    Poppy

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭Pinkmoon19

Hi,

i'm sure this has been done to absolute death but could anyone recommend a good tattoo artist in the Dublin area?

I have started working on a design myself so have a rough idea what i want, but need some guidance.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks a Mil.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

It really depends on the style you're going for. What kind of style are you going for?

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭Pinkmoon19

Hi Jenny, thanks so much for your reply.

I'm quite torn on design. I definitely don't want colour and am thinking a long the lines of a dreamcatcher, or possibly a feather.

I definitely want it on my side, at bra strap level and maybe 3 inches or so.

Sorry if this is a tad vague......:-D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Thumpette

Hiya,

I'm looking for a recommendation to get a tattoo done in Dublin (preferable north county but anywhere in Dublin is fine).

It'll be my first tattoo and it'll just be a little star to commemorate my son who was stillborn in January. The tattoo itself will be quite small and very simple, but I've seen a few stars that look very dodgy and i'd obviously like it to be perfect. I want to get it on my belly, but I'm conscious that (hopefully) if I get pregnant again it might stretch out of shape so I'd be looking for an artist who can advise on placement that will retain the meaning of it being on my stomach but without getting distorted in the future.

Basically, I'm looking for someone who's not too scary and has a bit of empathy so I can explain what it means, also safe and hygenic and who might be pissed off having to do a simple boring tattoo but wont have an attitude about it.

Also, for such a small thing would there generally be a waiting list? I'd like to get it done maybe this week because I am trying to get pregnant again and this is a window where I know I'm not. Thanks a million!

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

I don't think there's any way to get this on your stomach that won't stretch out of shape if/when you get pregnant again unfortunately.
    Any of the commonly recommended artists here should be able to do the tattoo for you without any issues, but the placement probably would be an issue.
    They should be able to suggest alternative placement, and/or alternative design ideas, should you be open to that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭StaticAge11

Hey guys, looking at getting my first 2 pieces over the next few months. The first is an image I'd like to get is a drawing used as promo for a bands tour. I'd be looking it exactly as it is, but with minimal changes and pretty small as its my first tattoo. It would be basic black and white
    The second piece would be a colourful calf piece based on the Jurassic Park dinosaurs (was obsessed as a kid). I'd be giving the artist free reign to come up with a piece.

Been looking around artists to do both these, all in the Dublin area. Preferably I'd want the same artist to do both. Leaning towards the Ink Factory as I like the tattoos I've seen from those guys on instagram etc, still haven't decided though. Any other recommendations of an artist that would be willing to work with me on these? A friend suggested Colourworks for the leg piece, but was unsure if it still existed!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Chazer27

Hi Newbie

I'm looking to get my first tattoo and I'm wondering anyone can recommend swords ink....I'm out northside would be handy if they where any good .....I've no problem going to town and getting one from there but just thought if these where any good I could go to them.

Thanks in advance.....

C

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

Hey all, looking for recommendations for a new artist in Dublin as the person I did go to has left the country, (Kris wildcat)

Ideally looking for someone that likes to do realistic/portrait looking horror/film work with a lot of black and white.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

Zombienosh wrote: »
    Hey all, looking for recommendations for a new artist in Dublin as the person I did go to has left the country, (Kris wildcat)

Ideally looking for someone that likes to do realistic/portrait looking horror/film work with a lot of black and white.

Robert Litcan Kilkenny, It's 10euro and 90 mins, Surely not crazy money and time to invest in the right artist

Pawel in Skin City likes that kind of stuff too. Wouldn't go wrong with either Robert or Pawel I reckon.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,967 ✭✭✭Pyr0

Hi guys,

Looking for an artist who could draw up something for me to consider for a tattoo, is it normal for artists to do that for a price?

Basically I'm going on a Warhammer 40K theme, Garden of Nurgle, a corrupted diseased, foetid garden/forest with grotesque bugs, monsters and the like. I'm not looking for a pretty or cartoonish angle, something dark and gritty.

Some images to give you an idea, mods sorry if the images are too big.

latest?cb=20141230230247

326px-Garden_of_Nurgle_attendant.jpg

nurgle-plaguetoad.jpg

latest?cb=20130327184313

most artists will draw up if you get it it done with them, they wont give you a drawing to go to another artist

most artists will draw up if you get it it done with them, they wont give you a drawing to go to another artist

Haha, of course. That'd be a bit lousy to run off to someone else with it! Is it usually done as part of the whole work or would they do one up at a price for me to think about?

• Advertisement

They'd look for money up front for the design, that'd most likely be deducted from the full price of the work, so it's essentially a deposit.

Star Lord wrote: »
    They'd look for money up front for the design, that'd most likely be deducted from the full price of the work, so it's essentially a deposit.

this you leave images with them and the idea with a deposit for the "tattoo" if they draw up something you like you make the appointment, if not you thank them for their time and lose the deposit

this you leave images with them and the idea with a deposit for the "tattoo" if they draw up something you like you make the appointment, if not you thank them for their time and lose the deposit

Cool, thanks for the info.

Would you know of anyone who would fit the bill for what i described in my earlier post?

I will always reccomend robert litcan for Dark non cartoony and gritty. Others will know artists in Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Bridge93

Anyone else been in with Vlad in Connected Ink Temple Bar? Was in a while back and thought he was excellent.
    Curious as to what others might think or of the studio as I haven't seen it mentioned here yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

Pyr0 wrote: »
    Cool, thanks for the info.

Would you know of anyone who would fit the bill for what i described in my earlier post?

Marcin Sonski for sure.

He's in Skin City now I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Sapsorrow

I'd love to get something done by Marcin in Colour works studios personally. Hoping to get a slot with him at the Galway convention. He does incredible realism work.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,973 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Hi Folks,
    I'm looking to get a tattoo of some armour on the arm and shoulder. It might be leather and or metal look.
    Can anyone recommend an artist/studio please?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭Borneo Fnctn

Alright chaps.

I'm looking into getting a watercolour tattoo done on my upper arm, just above the elbow. I'm looking for somebody Dublin based who'll design and tattoo it for me.

Here's a few photos of what kind of thing I'm looking for...

Currach+-+Paul+Henry.jpg

is%281%29.jpg

Something like that ya kno :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 shroomie

Hey all - just wondering if I could get an opinion here :)
    I'm looking to get a floral line drawing on my leg, quite big, vintage looking and very detailed - looks almost like a pen drawing! I do want to add colour, and a ribbon over it in the same style with text. I want to keep to this vintage intricate line drawing style (I'm not sure what it's called!) had a bit of trouble finding an artist who will do it! Any recommendations are greatly appreciated.
    Thank you!

Advertisement