Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Newbie thread / introduce yourself here

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Paulus34

I'm new here also, I'm from Dublin but based in Midlands of Ireland. My main interests are Dobermann's and Football.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭Synyster Shadow

I'm in the Midlands too and had dobermans for years.. You got any yourself?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Welcome all :).
    amie91 wrote: »
    Hello :)

I'm Amie, 23 (next week) no tattoos as of yet but have the same one picked about 2 years so just need to bottle up the courage and get going! 2 piercings (ears & nose) From Dublin, Love music & good food..

Once you find the courage for one you'll be wanting more ;). Whats the piece you have in mind?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

Paulus34 wrote: »
    I'm new here also, I'm from Dublin but based in Midlands of Ireland. My main interests are Dobermann's and Football.

Dobermans playing football now that'd be interesting :)

I'm in the Midlands too and had dobermans for years.. You got any yourself?

Yeah, have 2 of Euro pedigree..

• Advertisement

Paulus34 wrote: »
    Yeah, have 2 of Euro pedigree..

Are they round Longford?

Are they round Longford?

No, Mullingar! They are working line Dobermann's, not show type!

Ah I like the sound of that. I've had a few only 1 that was working dog..

Ah I like the sound of that. I've had a few only 1 that was working dog..

I work the Male in Belfast, have had recent litters, all pups doing very well. 1 gone to UK..

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭Jenda

Jenda from Galway but living in Dublin, I'm all booked in for Rob Mulligan at the end of October so I've been following (read: lurking) on here ever since!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Jenda wrote: »
    Jenda from Galway but living in Dublin, I'm all booked in for Rob Mulligan at the end of October so I've been following (read: lurking) on here ever since!

Welcome and nice I'm a fan of Rob Mulligans works :).

What ya getting done?

I'm getting a Prince (the musician) themed half-sleeve from shoulder to elbow!

Told him I didn't want a straight portrait and to go wild on the colours and do whatever design he wanted - he had a couple of really good ideas straight off the bat so I'm looking forward to it! Going for a psychedelic feel.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Raving

Hi guys! I'm considering getting my first tattoo soon. I'm looking to get a stylised memorial portrait of my cat who had to be put down. I don't know much about tattoo etiquette and how to approach artists or costs. Would anyone be able to give me a few pointers?

Thanks! =)

Jenda wrote: »
    I'm getting a Prince (the musician) themed half-sleeve from shoulder to elbow!

Told him I didn't want a straight portrait and to go wild on the colours and do whatever design he wanted - he had a couple of really good ideas straight off the bat so I'm looking forward to it! Going for a psychedelic feel.

This is on Wednesday - starting to get excited!

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Raving wrote: »
    Hi guys! I'm considering getting my first tattoo soon. I'm looking to get a stylised memorial portrait of my cat who had to be put down. I don't know much about tattoo etiquette and how to approach artists or costs. Would anyone be able to give me a few pointers?

Thanks! =)

Have a look around online at artists portfolios, and see if you can find one or two that do the style you want really well. Visit the studio, have a chat with them, mention what you want, and show them the ideas you have, be that rough sketches, photos, collage, whatever, and describe in as much depth as you can what you want. If you're happy that they're the person for the job, they'll probably want a deposit to draw it up properly for you, and thatll come off the tattoo cost.

Good luck! And dont forget to let us know how you get on.

Jenda, enjoy, nothing quite like that buzz!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 63 ✭✭susanlinda823

Hi! My name is Susan Linda, I am 29 and a lover of tattoos and piercings. I currently have 10 piercings and 7 tattoos. Working on getting more! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 Fafasmurf

Hello!
    Not really a Boards newbie, I used to have an account years ago but for whatever reason I deleted it.

Can't seem to post any pics yet (is that because of post numbers?) Anyhoo, when I get it sorted I'll post my ink.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

Fafasmurf wrote: »
    Hello!
    Not really a Boards newbie, I used to have an account years ago but for whatever reason I deleted it.

Can't seem to post any pics yet (is that because of post numbers?) Anyhoo, when I get it sorted I'll post my ink.

The_Simpsons-Jeff_Albertson.png

worst intro ever

Yup, postcount and time based restriction!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,776 ✭✭✭This Fat Girl Runs

Well, I'm sort of new to boards and have only posted a few times in this area of the forum. My name kinda explains a lot about me, but also, I have tattoos and piercings and always dreaming of my next art! I'm 38 and got my first tattoo in my early 20's.

Currently, I have 4 tattoos (technically 5 but one was integrated into my latest which I posted in the Show you mine thread). I've only got piercings in my ears but I'm considering a microdermal and doing my research on that. I have 6 piercings in my left ear with 4 more planned, and only 3 in my right. I think I'll be done with my ears when I get the next 4 but really, who am I kidding?!

I'm also thinking about my next tattoo which will be done with my best friend, and also possibly getting a running related tattoo. Also, I have a tattoo on my foot I need to get touched up/fixed.

How's that for an introduction?! :P

• Advertisement

Thank Star_Lord... So Raze.. what you wana know that I didn't say... 'Ladies and Gentlemen.. introducing FAFASMURF!!! She is a talented one from up North direction who loves tattoos and lots of other things. She even has a few of her own! :-P ;-)

Thank Star_Lord... So Raze.. what you wana know that I didn't say... 'Ladies and Gentlemen.. introducing FAFASMURF!!! She is a talented one from up North direction who loves tattoos and lots of other things. She even has a few of her own! :-P ;-)

better!

Haha! Phew... Nerve wrecking getting back in to the Boards swing after so many years 0_0

If there's only one thing we can teach you, it's don't take any of Raze's guff. ;) :pac:

Signed,
    Almost, kinda, sorta, Nordie mod.

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭djrlittleton

aint posted here in ages !!!! but wanted to say hi to everyone and all that :D some know me some have met me through conventions but to all rock on with your new this year :D

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭Mickles_86

Hi guys. Signed up ages ago just for the fighting games forums but now moved on to tattoos :) looking some ideas for a sleeve and seen some great ink here already. Peace!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

Mickles_86 wrote: »
    Hi guys. Signed up ages ago just for the fighting games forums but now moved on to tattoos :) looking some ideas for a sleeve and seen some great ink here already. Peace!

I did the exact same thing. What're the chances? Howdy.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭Mickles_86

Orim wrote: »
    I did the exact same thing. What're the chances? Howdy.

Hahaha that's crazy! I was a big Street Fighter and MK fan but my gaming days are very limited after my little girl being born.

Mickles_86 wrote: »
    Hahaha that's crazy! I was a big Street Fighter and MK fan but my gaming days are very limited after my little girl being born.
    MKX soon...baby takes a back seat

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19 lochgarman512

Hi everyone, been on Boards a while but new to this part of the site. No tattoos or piercings yet, but find myself here in the search of recommendations for a good tattooist for "Gaelic Type" tattoos. In my case that would be a tattoo of Old Irish writing in the Gaelic Type script/font. :)

Advertisement