Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hospital where to go?

• 21-01-2009 10:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Hi,

Just wondering if anyone could recommend which hospital to go to in the North East region? Drogheda or Newry? Also if Drogheda, would anyone recommend the midwife clinic? Thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

I'd probably go to whichever I was closest too...

If you go to Newry though I don't think you're eligible for the free public care you receive in Ireland... I could be wrong though!!

I've heard the midwife unit in Drogheda is brilliant... there's one in Cavan too afaik...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭axel rose

I was given those choices but decided on Mullingar. Its less than an hour from where I live (similiar to drogheda) and has a beautiful new maternity wing. Very very clean hospital which is more than can be said of Drogheda.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,890 ✭✭✭embee

I had my daughter in OLOL in Drogheda in 2006, and honestly, I can't fault the level of care I was given. Sure, the place was busy, but they were very good and I'd go there again. I went public and have no complaints (other than the place was jammed, but there's nothing they can do if a lot of babies decide to arrive on one day, as was the case for me :) )

I'd recommend the Midwifery Led Unit (MLU) in Drogheda above going the usual route, the continuity of care that you'll get from that scheme is second to none and if you're lucky enough to get onto it, I'd grab the chance with both hands.

Advertisement