Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Good luck Quackles

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,662 ✭✭✭Trinity

Oh congrats!! Delighted mammy and baby are doing well. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 486 ✭✭Mrs.T

Quackles wrote: »
    Thanks ladies :)

They would have allowed me to go home today, but suggested I stay on another night to get the hang of breastfeeding, which I did, as I'm not very confident at it and I need all the help I can get!

Wow that's really quick. Did you know there is a breastfeeding support group in Sligo too? Good Luck with it all!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Quackles

Mrs.T wrote: »
    Wow that's really quick. Did you know there is a breastfeeding support group in Sligo too? Good Luck with it all!

I spotted the poster alright! I think I'll need it, finding that part very tough. I really want to do it, but it's sore and he fed for an hour and a half last time :eek: I think he's just using me as a dodie at this stage, the little monkey!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,890 ✭✭✭embee

Congrats Quackles and Mr Quackles and welcome to the world Euan.

Great name, great weight.... pics plz?!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Quackles

Form an orderly queue, ladies, here is the new heartbreaker in town :)

euan2cd5.th.jpg

euan1jc7.th.jpg

euan3ux4.th.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,890 ✭✭✭embee

Form an orderly queue, ladies, here is the new heartbreaker in town :)

euan2cd5.th.jpg

euan1jc7.th.jpg

euan3ux4.th.jpg

lolol awwwww wow, he's bonny, congrats again!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

Ah Quackles, he's so cute!!

He's gonna be a heart breaker when he's older, especially with those eyes ;)

P.S. Lovin' the legs in the last shot ;):p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 higgo1888

You can't call it a real boards addiction til you've posted from the maternity ward ;) Although from the labour ward would be even better!

Indeed, may it be a six pounder who comes out when I sneeze :D
    jesus christ u sholud change ur name to wonder woman:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭Lillyella

Congratulations Quackles, what a beautiful boy, so alert looking, he looks a couple of weeks old!!! And a fine weight too. Well done. Best of luck with the breastfeeding too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭dlambirl

OMG is that child a newborn?!!! :eek:

As another poster said it looks a couple of weeks old!!!

He is absolutely gorgeous, possibly the cutest thing i've seen all year :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 954 ✭✭✭marti101

Hes beautiful really gorgous.Good luck with the breastfeeding and you know you can always come on here for a moan lol.And if you need advice well the door is always open.:DNow get yourself couple of dvds and nice choccies so when ur bf in the twilight hour you wont go round the twist.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 486 ✭✭Mrs.T

I spotted the poster alright! I think I'll need it, finding that part very tough. I really want to do it, but it's sore and he fed for an hour and a half last time :eek: I think he's just using me as a dodie at this stage, the little monkey!

I found it very tough in the beginning! Lansinoh was my best friend, it does get easier as time goes on. The best advice I got was to enjoy the sit down and feeding time and go with the flow. Good luck!

Your boy is very handsome!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 954 ✭✭✭marti101

I did find the first few weeks hard but take it a day at a time and go your own pace and dont listen to anybody elses horror stories.Especially off people who probably never breastfed.Im still going 10 1/2 months later so it does get easier.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭KittenCaboodle

Oh my God Quackles, he is so beautiful it's brought a tear to my eye. To think that only yesterday I was declaring that all newborns look a bit weird, definitely not true in this case.

Congratulations to you both!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 364 ✭✭templetonpeck

awww yay congratulations Quackles and what a handsome little boy he is. Well done both of you....hope you're both settling well.

lmao @ kittencaboodle lol:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭Grawns

Aaahh Quackles - what a beautiful boy. Good luck with the breastfeeding. I'm planning on doing it myself and I'm dreading it. From everything i've read it's all in getting the latch right which means constantly asking the nurses is the baby positioned right. Also An hour and a half feeding:D That my dear might a gourmet child. Hope you stick with it as it's supposed to be a wonderful experience once you get past the first weeks. Insult to injury to new mums eh :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,900 ✭✭✭Quality

He is a beauty... Lovely features!!

Hope you are keeping well now... Enjoy him, they grow up so fast. My little Glen is 10 weeks already..

Make sure your getting good rest and down forget your pelvic floors!!:pac::pac:

And try and keep up with the breastfeeding, Its worth it and you will be soooo proud of your self if you persevere!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,124 ✭✭✭wolfpawnat

Quackles, he is handsome! He is absolutely gorgeous! Congratulations again and hope ye are starting to relax and sort yourselves into some little bit of sleep here and there.:):):)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,832 ✭✭✭littlebug

aww quackles he's gorgeous... absolutely adorable!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Quackles he is gorgeous:)

• Advertisement
Advertisement