Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Limerick FC

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭The Snipe

Hopefully if the supporters get their way they wont be at any.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭Jofspring

Hopefully if the supporters get their way they wont be at any.

They can cheerlead all they want at matches once they don't start up again telling the fans how to support the club or how the club should be run.

Jofspring wrote: »
    They can cheerlead all they want at matches once they don't start up again telling the fans how to support the club or how the club should be run.

Or have the one in charge accuse the Supporters Club members of Child Molestation.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Olaf

Or have the one in charge accuse the Supporters Club members of Child Molestation.

Sounds like there's a story there.

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭Soulcrew09

Olaf wrote: »
    Sounds like there's a story there.

Other than the 'leader' of the cheerleaders getting upset that she wasent getting the attention she was looking for id have to say no.

She also called SC members sexest (when people acually dared to return her drunken insults) ignoring the fact that 2 of the SC board are in fact women (no men on the cheerleader squad so far :))

Seriously, if you want to spend a tenner looking at fake tan and caked on make up jumping around then Id suggest the Icon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,551 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

Wexford 5 - 3 Limerick

(White, O'Flynn 2)

Bit of a nightmare in Wexford (by all accounts, as I wasn't there). 4-1 down at half time, 2 players (White and Judge) sent off in the second half.

4th in the table, 1 behind Waterford, 3 behind Monaghan and a horrible 13 behind Derry.
    Table here

Next home game vs Monaghan, Friday July 23rd.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

osarusan wrote: »
    Wexford 5 - 3 Limerick

(White, O'Flynn 2)

Bit of a nightmare in Wexford (by all accounts, as I wasn't there). 4-1 down at half time, 2 players (White and Judge) sent off in the second half.

4th in the table, 1 behind Waterford, 3 behind Monaghan and a horrible 13 behind Derry.
    Table here

If i'm not mistaken, that is our first ever competitive loss to Wexford Youths. Lets just hope its a minor blip in an otherwise impressive run of form.

grenache wrote: »
    If i'm not mistaken, that is our first ever competitive loss to Wexford Youths. Lets just hope its a minor blip in an otherwise impressive run of form.
    We lost 2-0 away last season.

But hopefully we can sready the ship home to Monaghan. The title is Derry's in my opinion, but 2nd is at home to 3rd in the first part of the promotion playoff, and Limerick would love to be at home for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,589 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

osarusan wrote: »
    Wexford 5 - 3 Limerick

(White, O'Flynn 2)

Table here

Sounds like a bad night. Were they straight reds?

Aidric wrote: »
    Sounds like a bad night. Were they straight reds?

Wasn't there, but I believe White's was a straight red for denying a goal-scoring opportunity, and Judge's was two yellows, the second of which was for a deliberate handball to deny Wexford a breakaway.

• Advertisement

Also lost to them in the league Cup last season. Disappointing result but still plenty of more games to play.

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭Soulcrew09

Shocking 1st half display from the back 4 finished the game by Ht, we got it back to 4-3 with 4 mins left but got caught on the break for their 5th at the end.

Sean Kelly has to shoulder most of the blame on the night for an absolutly awful display (4 goals came from his side) but Wexford given a soft peno and 2 stonewall penos denied for us could have had us 3 pts.

13 goals scored in our last 2 games, now THATS ENTERTAINMENT!:o

• Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Iang87

going to head down friday night, only been to one before and was surprised with how well drilled that limerick side are, slowly converting me come on the superblues

Iang87 wrote: »
    going to head down friday night, only been to one before and was surprised with how well drilled that limerick side are, slowly converting me come on the superblues
    Hope you enjoy it on Friday. It's a big game after losing last week.

This Firday is a great day for the Boardsies to get together and go to a game, and have a few beers! We are having another Carlsberg Drinks promotion on the night!

This Firday is a great day for the Boardsies to get together and go to a game, and have a few beers! We are having another Carlsberg Drinks promotion on the night!

Nice one. Hopefully the weather will hold up this time. 5 euro for a couple of pints (or water) ain't bad at all lads. Big game for Limerick. Hopefully there'll be a decent crowd in.

C'mon Limerick!!!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,857 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

I'll try to get to this :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭Limerick Dude

I'll try to get to this :)

We should try to get to a few games when I'm back next week dude!

Limerick vs Monogahan tonight at 7:45 free Carslberg promotion tonight, so its a good night for boardsies to meet up, Tickets are €10 for an adult; should be a good game, and a bit of a craic for everyone who comes.

Hope to see a few new faces from Boards there. :)

Your Not-So-Friendly-Friendly-Neighbourhood-Steward
    Cillian :)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,857 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Limerick vs Monogahan tonight at 7:45 free Carslberg promotion tonight, so its a good night for boardsies to meet up, Tickets are €10 for an adult; should be a good game, and a bit of a craic for everyone who comes.

Hope to see a few new faces from Boards there. :)

Your Not-So-Friendly-Friendly-Neighbourhood-Steward
    Cillian :)

I'll try my best to get to this. How will people know who the other Boardsies are?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭Reaganomical

gonna make one of my periodic visits to Jackman and tip up to this as well, fine evening for it.

Right, I'll be wearing this jersey tonight:

896_thumbzoom.jpg

so any Boardsies at the match, feel free to say hi :)

Sickned. Another exciting yet disappointing night in Jackman. Shels next :(

Jofspring wrote: »
    Sickned. Another exciting yet disappointing night in Jackman. Shels next :(

The ref bottled it at the end. Clarke was 2 yards inside the box when he was pushed.

How the hell Monaghan were second in the league I'll never know. They were useless!

Useless but grinded out a result.

Still a long way to go in the league but we can't keep dropping points.

Limerick 1 - 1 Monaghan

(Tracy)

Let 3 points slip last night. Easily the better team in the first half, but let Monaghan back into it in the second.

4th in table, which is here.

Next game - away to Shelbourne, Friday July 30th.

Next home game - versus Athlone, Friday August 6th.

Bit late with this 'update'. Blame several pints of Heinken.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Summerville lad

Need a win next week to keep the heat on mons and waterford missed the match on friday we need to win our home matches at least we are unbeaten at home since april!!.

Shelbourne 0 - 4 Limerick

(Tracy pen, O'Flynn, Tierney, Clarke)

Just in the door from a memorable night in Tolka.

0-0 at half time, and not much in it, but we just mauled them in the second half, and ran away with it. Limerick fans danced the conga to the exit after the game, and had the pleasure of seeing a rather irate Shels fan being restrained by the police.

We made up ground on Waterford, who only drew. Table here.

Next game - home versus Athlone, Friday August 6th.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

What a result - just beat Shels in the same manner in FM the other night :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Summerville lad

Great result what a win hopefully keep it up till the end of the season and we will be in the play off places!!.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement