Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Time to go OnLine

Options
  • 03-01-2012 5:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭

Hi everyone,

Hopefully you can all help. I just completed a basic web design course which was great. The problem in the college which I completed the course they're is no follow on course at the moment.

The course just showed how to build a web sitenot how to launch one.

I have just bought a Domain name and web hist space from Bluehost.

I have managed to set up the e-mail accounts and all of that but I am struggling to put my html and css files in order to have my site go live.

I built my site through dreamweaver and tried linking them through the FTP but I am not having any luck. I've spent the past few hours at it so I will take a break and retry, in the mean time any help anyone can give would be great.

Regards

The Shotz

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

If you're looking for specific Bluehost related help, you should contact Bluehost. We don't allow provider specific assistance here.

I'm going to leave this thread open in case your issue is related to Dreamweaver however.

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭The_Shotz

If you're looking for specific Bluehost related help, you should contact Bluehost. We don't allow provider specific assistance here.

I'm going to leave this thread open in case your issue is related to Dreamweaver however.

Cheers sorry for that

• Registered Users Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭henryporter

Are all your files correctly uploaded to the Bluehost server and in the correct location and do you have an 'Index' page? Also how long ago did ou set up the DNS as it may take a little time to get picked up on the web (usually 24 hours)

Advertisement