Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SanDisk Cruzer Force USB 64gb Boots Eur8

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭TheInspector

Rashers72 wrote: »
    image.jpg
    SanDisk Cruzer Force USB Flash Drive 64gb Boots Eur8.12. Would assume nationwide but not sure of stock levels. Picked up 2 in Naas, one for me, one for son for college. None left there. Was actually priced at Eur16, but scanned at lower price.
    Same as this one:
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/SanDisk-Cruzer-Force-Flash-SDCZ71-064G-B35/dp/B00FJRS73G

Was just in boots 10mins ago in liffey Valley. All the tills had crashed and there was ques out the door. I'll check tomorrow to confirm nationwide.

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭midlouth

Where in the shop are these usually located?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭Rashers72

Normally beside the photo stuff, but I found my ones on the clearance stand, which varies from store to store. None in Swords Boots today.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,512 ✭✭✭savemejebus

Scanning full price €32 in cork city centre

Found them, no 64GB ones left but picked up a 32GB one for 16.50 which I'm happy enough with.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,366 ✭✭✭LeakingLava

I've seen no USBs at all at Omni Park Shopping Centre Santry :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,654 ✭✭✭ablelocks

Marked 64.99 scanning at 32.99 in limerick sc

ablelocks wrote: »

It's a half price sale but the opening poster got a 64GB that marked at the 8GB sale price.

• Registered Users Posts: 410 ✭✭DaraDali

scanning at 32 euro in Galway ....

• Registered Users Posts: 17,848 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

DaraDali wrote: »
    scanning at 32 euro in Galway ....
    Lol, we probably had the same one in our hand if it was the last 64GB on the rack in Boots on shop street, same result for me, not bothered though as it seems to be only 5MB/sec write speed which is only half the recommended speed for recording tv on a smart tv, media centre etc. Great looking little key though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 410 ✭✭DaraDali

Thargor wrote: »
    Lol, we probably had the same one in our hand if it was the last 64GB on the rack in Boots on shop street, same result for me, not bothered though as it seems to be only 5MB/sec write speed which is only half the recommended speed for recording tv on a smart tv, media centre etc. Great looking little key though.

was in the boots down in the shopping center ;)

• ablelocks wrote: »

yup i was in boots in the crescent limerick same thing

• Registered Users Posts: 6,259 ✭✭✭positron

No 64 gbs left in Dundrum, if that saves anyone a trip.

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭TheInspector

positron wrote: »
    No 64 gbs left in Dundrum, if that saves anyone a trip.

And none left in nutgrove either

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭AlanS181824

Nope in Carlow that I could see although I was only in there for a quick second!

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

The memoryc.com (cheaper than shop4memory.com although the same company) website is down at the moment, but you'd get a 64GB USB3 drive for about €30, and delivery within Ireland is free (or you can collect from their office in Celbridge Mon-Fri 9am-5pm). USB3 drives will work on USB2 devices, but will be MUCH quicker than their USB2 counterparts.

I bought this one a while back, and find it great, and well worth the extra euros.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,969 ✭✭✭✭Esel

the_syco wrote: »
    USB3 drives will work on USB2 devices, but will be MUCH quicker than their USB2 counterparts
    On USB 3 capable devices, of course.

Either way, as no-one else but the OP has secured this bargain, it is time for this thread to expire.

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 17,848 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

the_syco wrote: »
    The memoryc.com (cheaper than shop4memory.com although the same company) website is down at the moment, but you'd get a 64GB USB3 drive for about €30, and delivery within Ireland is free (or you can collect from their office in Celbridge Mon-Fri 9am-5pm). USB3 drives will work on USB2 devices, but will be MUCH quicker than their USB2 counterparts.

I bought this one a while back, and find it great, and well worth the extra euros.
    Esel wrote: »
    On USB 3 capable devices, of course.

Either way, as no-one else but the OP has secured this bargain, it is time for this thread to expire.
    Do USB 3.0 devices give good speeds in a USB 2.0 port though or does it vary? You need about 10 mb/sec write speed for recording tv in my experience and only the expensive stuff supports this, most tvs/boxes are still 2.0...

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Do USB 3.0 devices give good speeds in a USB 2.0 port though or does it vary? You need about 10 mb/sec write speed for recording tv in my experience and only the expensive stuff supports this, most tvs/boxes are still 2.0...
    If you're bored, read about my tale of woe in finding out how the speeds listed on the USB2 drives turned out to be false.

The last post of the above thread is me finding the Sandisk extreme, that I got
    Write speeds of about 29-30MB/s write speed on a USB2 port, 100MB/s write speed on a USB3 port.

Just ensure the device is USB2. Most USB3 sticks are backwards compatible with USB2, but not with USB1.

Advertisement