Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Supermarket Veg Offers

• 04-09-2014 5:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭

Post supermarket weekly/regular fruit and veg offers only
    Include
    -Shop
    -Start and end dates
    -Offers/Pics
    -Link

No quoting or discussion please

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭okedoke

Lidl 01 - 07 Sept

2 for €3
    Raspberries 125g
    Black/red grapes 500g

39c
    cherry tomatoes

http://www.lidl.ie/en/fruitandveg.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭Swampy

I fricken love Aldi.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭leck

Okedoke, thanks for starting this thread. Not to stir up any trouble, but wonder should it include meat offers too? Also, while it's still fresh enough to be edited, maybe put some suggestions in your OP that if someone posts an offer they should include the offer period (start and end date) just as you've done with the Aldi offer that you listed. And if pictures of the deals are posted in the thread, discourage people from including the pictures in quotes.

If you want to include the meat/other food offers, the link for Aldi's current offering (28 Aug - 10 Sept) is https://www.aldi.ie/en/product-range/super-6/super-6-offers/

Tesco Fruit & Veg Offers
    Valid Wed 27 Aug to Tuesday 9 Sept

Following items 49c each...

Home Garden White Potatoes 1Kg
    SAVE 50c Was 99c Now 49c

Tesco Every Day Value Carrots 1.5Kg
    SAVE 50c Was 99c Now 49c

Tesco Goodness Pears Mineral/S 7 Pack
    SAVE 2.36 Was 2.85 Now 49c

Tesco Goodness Apples Mineral/S 7 Pack
    SAVE 2.36 Was 2.85 Now 49c

Market Value Mango Each
    SAVE 50c Was 99c Now 49c

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

I definitely think this is the way to go, if we could get all the offers within a couple of posts of each other its very easy to see what dinners you can do, which lets be honest is what we all want to know!

Super Value
    Untitled.png

Valid from 4th-10th of September

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭firestarter51

leck wrote: »
    Okedoke, thanks for starting this thread. Not to stir up any trouble, but wonder should it include meat offers too? Also, while it's still fresh enough to be edited, maybe put some suggestions in your OP that if someone posts an offer they should include the offer period (start and end date) just as you've done with the Aldi offer that you listed. And if pictures of the deals are posted in the thread, discourage people from including the pictures in quotes.

If you want to include the meat/other food offers, the link for Aldi's current offering (28 Aug - 10 Sept) is https://www.aldi.ie/en/product-range/super-6/super-6-offers/

Didn't take long for an off thread request
    😂😂😂

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,260 ✭✭✭Rucking_Fetard

Didn't take long for an off thread request
    😂😂😂
    It's not off thread. It's getting the Thread right, it'll take a few pages.

Go and whinge in the Aldi thread with all the other whingers with nothing else to do for the last few weeks.

It's not off thread. It's getting the Thread right, it'll take a few pages.

Go and whinge in the Aldi thread with all the other whingers with nothing else to do for the last few weeks.

Not whining
    Just if it's a fruit and veg thread then keep it that way
    Otherwise a general supermarket bargain thread would be better

Mushrooms in Supervalu are very good, 2 for €1 I got eight boxes Monday and they are still fresh

Not whining
    Just if it's a fruit and veg thread then keep it that way
    Otherwise a general supermarket bargain thread would be better
    Thread title is "Supermarket Veg Offers" - I'm guessing OP meant to include fruit. It was just a suggestion that the meat offers might be included too.
    Mushrooms in Supervalu are very good, 2 for €1 I got eight boxes Monday and they are still fresh
    This is where the offer date would be useful. Mushrooms at 2 for €1 were probably part of the previous deal, which ended on Wednesday 3rd September. Supervalu's offers run for two weeks according to their flyer (although elsewhere is says one week?) - current offer period is Thursday 4th - Wednesday 17th September 2014. Current flyer is here - I don't see mushrooms in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭okedoke

Aldi 28 Aug - 10 Sept

All 49c

New Potatoes 1.5kg
    Carrots 1kg
    Bananas 7 pk
    Apples 8pk
    Pears 750g
    Red apples 10 pk

https://www.aldi.ie/en/product-range/super-6/super-6-fruit-veg/

• Advertisement

http://www.thriftypages.ie/deals/irish-grocery-special-offers/

this link has all the offers weekly on the main 9 supermarkets fruit and veg and others (shh)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,260 ✭✭✭Rucking_Fetard

this link has all the offers weekly on the main 9 supermarkets fruit and veg and others (shh)
    lol, lock the thread. How did that go unspotted or is it new?

lol, lock the thread. How did that go unspotted or is it new?

been around for a year as far as i know, handy one stop site to have bookmarked

• Registered Users Posts: 3,690 ✭✭✭CR 7

Quick everyone, get to Centra!!!!!!

iillyJj.jpg

okedoke wrote: »
    Post supermarket weekly/regular fruit and veg offers only
    Include
    -Shop
    -Start and end dates
    -Offers/Pics
    -Link

No quoting or discussion please
    Okedoke, can you update the thread title to include Fruit?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,224 ✭✭✭alaimacerc

Dead thread? I thought this was a very useful idea, and the "linked links" aren't all equally useful. In fact, Dunnes don't seem to list their current offers on their website at all! (Maybe they do them locally, rather than nationally?)

alaimacerc wrote: »
    Dead thread? I thought this was a very useful idea, and the "linked links" aren't all equally useful. In fact, Dunnes don't seem to list their current offers on their website at all! (Maybe they do them locally, rather than nationally?)
    thread didnt last long at all

Indeed it didn't. Nothing to be said for resurrecting it? I'll be going to Dunnes shortly. If I post their current offers and someone else's local store has completely different ones, that'd be one way of finding out if they're not national, I guess!

Indeed it didn't. Nothing to be said for resurrecting it? I'll be going to Dunnes shortly. If I post their current offers and someone else's local store has completely different ones, that'd be one way of finding out if they're not national, I guess!

Dunnes offers are nationwide, they are on the reep rewards app I have on the phone, the app now has all the supermarket offers and updates accordingly, only good thing the app does now really

• Registered Users Posts: 878 ✭✭✭A Law

Round lettuce and celery on offer in lidl, 39cent. Grapefruit and mixed leaf lettuce 89cent. 22-28 September

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭skydish79

Dunnes offers are nationwide, they are on the reep rewards app I have on the phone, the app now has all the supermarket offers and updates accordingly, only good thing the app does now really

I downloaded the reep app on Android, can't find the supermarket offers,

Where are they on the app, thanks

I think a thread like this would work if we had a few people each contributing on one supermarket. I would be happy to do Tesco or Aldi but don't have a local Lidl or Dunnes. There was a thread dedicated to just Aldi deals but a couple of people kept derailing that one by posting off-topic.

skydish79 wrote: »
    I downloaded the reep app on Android, can't find the supermarket offers,

Where are they on the app, thanks

It's on offers and then select the individual store you're looking for
    I have tried to add a pic but it won't let me

It's on offers and then select the individual store you're looking for
    I have tried to add a pic but it won't let me

Getting
    Server unavailable error 503 when I try and upload a screenshot of the app from my phone

leck wrote: »
    I think a thread like this would work if we had a few people each contributing on one supermarket. I would be happy to do Tesco or Aldi but don't have a local Lidl or Dunnes. There was a thread dedicated to just Aldi deals but a couple of people kept derailing that one by posting off-topic.
    I think exactly so. I'm within reasonable distance of all four, but going to all of them is rather a pain. (Feeling this especially right now as temporarily bikeless.)

Anyway, Dunnes update!

Magic number is currently 59. Items were:

Baby potatoes
    Cucumber
    Celery
    Leaks
    Plums
    Pears

Asked an assistant how long these run until -- confusingly, the labels said it was only until the 21st -- and she was a little cagey, but seemed to reckon it was for about another two weeks.

Asked an assistant how long these run until -- confusingly, the labels said it was only until the 21st -- and she was a little cagey, but seemed to reckon it was for about another two weeks.

That part seems to have been wrong, or got garbled en route somewhere. New stuff this week (aside from "plums again").

This week's number is... 49! And the items:
    1. Scallions
    2. Cabbage
    3. Round lettuce
    4. Butternut squash
    5. Plums
    6. Cooking apples

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Offer addict

I got this reap rewards app today from there ads on fb, are they real offers. Theres mad savings here.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 382 ✭✭Cyber Ghost

Anyone have some good offers on some VAG?

I got this reap rewards app today from there ads on fb, are they real offers. Theres mad savings here.

Already mentioned before in this thread

• Advertisement

Anyone have some good offers on some VAG?

Vag is never cheap 😂

Advertisement