Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

100 EUR Free For Students Who Open KBC Free Current Account

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭salamanca22

Dr Nic wrote: »
    I didnt supply pps at all...

Any recommendations on the cheapest 10 transactions to make to get the extra free 50eur? I have free banking with aib (credit over 5k) so might transfer 2.5k to KBC in installments online and just leave it there for a year or so. A method of keeping it out of sight more than anything else...

http://humblebundle.com

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

What do you do about the postal code?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭Bpmull

In order to satisfy the 10 transactions to get the other 50 euro in January. If I just transfer money from another account to my kbc a few times and if I use my kbc card at ATMs are all those counted as part of the 10 transactions or do you have to use it in a shop buying something for it to be a transaction. I know in general that any of the above is transactions but not sure what kbc are looking for.

Also from what I can see the account itself is free ie there are no charges as it's a student account. But just to be sure am i right in this that there are no charges to withdraw money via atm, use card in shops, or transfer money to from account online.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,204 ✭✭✭Aspiring

Can you definitely just buy the Humble Bundle 10 times? I'm surprised there isn't a minimum value to the transactions in the terms and conditions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 Padraigoc18

atm transactions are free for students so just take out money bit by bit till it reaches 10 transactions then you will have your 50 into your account.

or buy 10 1 cents humble bundles. you will get 49.90 deposited into your account.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,695 ✭✭✭Nuts102

atm transactions are free for students so just take out money bit by bit till it reaches 10 transactions then you will have your 50 into your account.

or buy 10 1 cents humble bundles. you will get 49.90 deposited into your account.

Can i ask what are these humble bundles and how do you use them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭FatRat

If anybody likes to have a flutter or gambles the odd time then depositing 5 quid into your gambling account 10 times over should satisfy the 10 transaction. From there you've 50 to bet with or perhaps you could even withdraw the 50 again? That way you'd have the 10 transactions done and the 50 back in your account.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭tylercheribini

Once I got the 50 euro into my KBC account, I transferred 45 euro to my AIB account leaving five euro. To satisfy the ten transactions in order to receive the other 50 euro, I have been buying one kiwi at a time in the self service check outs of Tesco at various dates(I pass it every day anyway on my evening stroll so not costing me time or fuel :):)). I dont know if this will work but I suppose Ill find out in January. Did anyone bother reading t and c's to see if their any minimum transaction values required? I just couldnt be arsed scrutinising it myself.

FatRat wrote: »
    If anybody likes to have a flutter or gambles the odd time then depositing 5 quid into your gambling account 10 times over should satisfy the 10 transaction. From there you've 50 to bet with or perhaps you could even withdraw the 50 again? That way you'd have the 10 transactions done and the 50 back in your account.

Never thought of that going to deposit a fiver 10 times and play around with the 50.

• Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭Hayezer

FatRat wrote: »

Exactly what I planned on doing, is there any issues with having multiple betting accounts? Like an account with you BOI card and an account with your KBC card with Paddypower?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭FatRat

Hayezer wrote: »
    Exactly what I planned on doing, is there any issues with having multiple betting accounts? Like an account with you BOI card and an account with your KBC card with Paddypower?

No, you can't do this and they'll catch you out pretty quick. If you already have an account then all you need to do is add a new payment option with your KBC card (onto your existing account).

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭KoA-Ollie

hi what did everyone else do to get their ten transactions? I checked out humble bundle but it says 50cent minimum purchase, any other ideas? thanks!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. G

KoA-Ollie wrote: »
    hi what did everyone else do to get their ten transactions? I checked out humble bundle but it says 50cent minimum purchase, any other ideas? thanks!

Go into Tesco and get kiwis, go to the self service and do ten single transactions ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 Padraigoc18

take out money 10 times, or buy some something online 10 times, I am still waiting on my digital key it has been months since I joined up

KoA-Ollie wrote: »

you can pay 1c if you pay via paypal and not stripe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 717 ✭✭✭Phoenix Wright

you can pay 1c if you pay via paypal and not stripe.

What do you put in for the postcode? For me I keep getting an error message saying the postcode doesn't match the card

Mr. G wrote: »
    Go into Tesco and get kiwis, go to the self service and do ten single transactions ;)

haha I may have been wrong about that if minimum transaction value is 50 cent like a previous poster has said! kiwi's only came to 35 cent each!

just emailed them regarding criteria, response below. kiwi trick should suffice.

" Yes 10 transactions must be completed before December 31st, they can be any amount, the additional 50 is then lodged in January,

Regards

Janice Keegan

"

Anybody get a text today just got a text to say another 50 has been added.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,525 ✭✭✭kona

Yup surprised because I've spent the e50 and Havnt made ten transactions!?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

Yup. Got a text around noon. I stopped counting but I'm sure I've completed the 10transactions.

Nim wrote: »
    Yup. Got a text around noon. I stopped counting but I'm sure I've completed the 10transactions.

Got the text as well, not sure if the money is in the account as if you follow the link in the text it says something about january.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭ro23

Nuts102 wrote: »
    Anybody get a text today just got a text to say another 50 has been added.

Yeah, handy nice €50 before Christmas :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,772 ✭✭✭taytobreath

ro23 wrote: »
    Yeah, handy nice €50 before Christmas :)

You wont get it till Jan 30th. I just checked my account and its not there

• Registered Users Posts: 2,204 ✭✭✭Aspiring

If you click the link in the text you got it's just a reminder to make 10 transactions if I recall correctly.

Just wondering on this for the 10 transactions what are they actually counting as a transaction as by the looks of it they are not counting online money transfer. Do they count ATM cash withdrawals with the card or do you actually have to use the card in a shop or online 10 times ?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. G

Bpmull wrote: »
    Just wondering on this for the 10 transactions what are they actually counting as a transaction as by the looks of it they are not counting online money transfer. Do they count ATM cash withdrawals with the card or do you actually have to use the card in a shop or online 10 times ?

I got a text a few weeks ago saying that I would get the other €50 by January.

It's "any ATM, Chip & PIN, contactless or online transaction conducted using your KBC debit card". So ATM counts apparently or whenever you actually use the card. Bank transfer wouldn't count I'd say. If you haven't that, run into Tesco by the 31st and do what another poster did and buy 10 kiwis separately at the self service checkout.

Here's the terms and conditions:
    Here's all you need to know:

1. The offer of free banking is available to full time third level students aged 17 years or over attending an Irish third level institution

2. In addition if a student opens a KBC current account between the 18th of August and the 31st of October 2014 and conducts 10 debit card transactions by the 31st of December 2014 they will be eligible for €100 cash as follows:-

The first €50 will be lodged into your KBC current account within 10 working days of the account being opened
    The second €50 will be lodged into your KBC current account by 31 January 2015
    3. A debit card transaction is defined as any ATM, Chip & PIN, contactless or online transaction conducted using your KBC debit card

4. Where a student ceases to be a full time third level student, the offer of free banking will no longer be available and your account will be liable for all fees & charges applicable to the KBC current account as set out in our Fees and Charges booklet

5. Existing KBC current account customers are not eligible for this offer

6. KBC Bank Ireland reserves the right to amend, modify, cancel, withdraw or change the offer in respect of free banking and/or the €100 cash at any time without any notice

7. An applicant may avail of this offer once. This offer is not available in respect of joint accounts.

8. The offer is not available to employees of KBC Bank Ireland

9. Current Account terms & conditions will apply. Please see our KBC Current Account Terms and Conditions booklet

Mr. G wrote: »
    I got a text a few weeks ago saying that I would get the other €50 by January.

It's "any ATM, Chip & PIN, contactless or online transaction conducted using your KBC debit card". So ATM counts apparently or whenever you actually use the card. Bank transfer wouldn't count I'd say. If you haven't that, run into Tesco by the 31st and do what another poster did and buy 10 kiwis separately at the self service checkout.

Here's the terms and conditions:

Nice one thanks for your help. I have 11 transactions between using the card in the atm and using it in shops to buy stuff so I should be ok.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 71 ✭✭JackD9922

God Dammit!!!!
    I meant to do this yesterday but completely forgot...
    I doubt I have 10 transactions, maybe 8/9.

I got a text a few weeks back saying
    What will you do with your next €50? Click here for more information http ://bit.ly/1wrcVNJ

Also humble bundles will only let me spend at least 50 cent.
    I'm gonna do 5 of those and hope like hell KBC send on the 50.
    Don't think they will though... :-(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭freeze4real

if you've registered your card on PayPal buy some cheap bracelets for .75c. Thats what I did

Advertisement